Laura Mercier Eye Colour

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Laura Mercier Eye Colour

3.4

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This to me (and I have about 5 shades of this now) is at best a very average eyeshadow. If I was to use these and a drugstore eyeshadow and not know which was which, I probably would not be able to tell the difference. I first bought 3 shades while on vacation many years ago. Then after reading rave reviews about a couple other shades, I bought a couple more. I give up. Maybe these shadows (eye colours) just do not work well with my eyelids. But for this price point (and I realize some dislike mentioning price points, but to me, it factors in), I feel like this should be a 'wow!!' product for anyone. I've tried these with various primers, with no primer, with various bases, applied with various different brushes, even old-school sponge applicators. Yeah, I have actually tried several of these over the years, and each one has been a 'dud' for me, First of all, for me, these have no pigmentation. And when I do get them to apply, they apply very patchy. Then they wear off in less than 3 to 4 hours. I give up. Also, the packaging/compact I find to be a pain to open.

on 1/3/2013 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Texture - softest eye shadow I've ever tried but then again, I don't use much eye shadow much as I don't like the way they grate at my sensitive skin. So soft! So buttery!! All this time I've been using Laura Mercier Creme Colour which is another great option for people who cannot stand eye shadow.

I have 2 eye colour:
Gold Dust
Seashell Pink (Sateen)

Gold Dust is very light gold but not white. Use this as brow and inner eye highlighter.
Seashell Pink is very light pink with gold undertones (and most probably flecks too). It is Gold Dust with pink.
Both colours are pretty sheer.

So these 2 colours are very pleasant and suitable for people who wants to achieve the healthy barely there look.

See the colours here:

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These come in luster, sateen and matte. Only the matte have enough pigment to really use. Plum Smoke is good for the crease, but there are not enough colors in the matte collection and they are either dark or really light but not midtone like the Plum Smoke. Nothing special.

on 8/16/2011 9:59:00 PM

I wear the Laura Mercier Sateen Eye Colour in African Violet. It is like a light-medium purple with small gold flecks that blend perfectly into the purple color. It is so beautiful and so perfect for my hazel eyes that I use it all the time and people always compliment me on it. It is neither too purple or too gold, but a perfect satiny/slight shimmer finish. I wear it to work nearly everyday because it is so easy and lasts all day. Merci bien a vous, Madame Mercier!

on 1/27/2008 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Guava, the nicest peachy/pink eyeshadow. I am in my 50's and you should wear peachy/pinks on your eyes. This one works great and I love it. With the Guava all over the lid, the flat line on top and in waterline with Smashbox Jet Set eye liner in Black, look great, not too made up.
EDIT: Switched to the Chanel Candidade, staying power is better

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Swapped it away just didnt give me the look I wanted. I am getting to the point where palettes are not giving me a look I want and I am using single eye shadows.

on 7/19/2007 7:36:00 PM

These are some of the best eye shadows I've ever used and I've used a lot of different brands! They're very finely milled so they go on like a dream. Using the proper LM brush also makes a huge difference. Hate the initial expense, but love the look and tend to use it every day thereafter. My HG that I use daily is Bordeaux, which isn't listed on MUA individually for some reason. It's a greyish-brownish medium purple, the perfect neutral for the crease of a green-eyed girl. Makes my eyes pop! Try the ponytail brush to apply in the crease -- Magic!

on 6/13/2003 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I need goof proof e/s for days when MU application time is 3 mins. flat. Thank gooshness for LM colours. They are user friendly in every way except one, the packaging. ARRGH! if..I...could..get..them..open!~
Other then that I love the stuff inside, beautiful matte neutrals and soft colours that are important to a girl like me (oily lids..eww, i know), color lasts and doesn't crease. Lucky for me, that they revamped their package stlye and all is right in the world of oily lids. (~_*)

on 6/5/2001 12:21:00 PM

Laura Mercier's e/s were a huge disappointment: the colours looked so pretty and subtle but they are hard to blend and not silky at all. I won't even mention the garish brown plastic packaging which isn't worthy of such an expensive brand.