Laura Mercier Eye Colour

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Laura Mercier Eye Colour

on 9/17/2014 9:25:00 PM

I spent a LOT of money on the petite Bonbons holiday palettes and almost EVERY single one of the 30 shades turns into the same muddy shade of brownish gray on my lid. I won't even use it anymore and it's a shame because it was really expensive and I was super excited about the beautiful rainbow of colors. I've never had this problem with any of my naked palettes. NOT WORTH IT!!

MY HG of shadows. Over 40 and can't do shimmery, but Laura Mercier matte are perfection, last all day and doesn't give me the creasy crumply look. I love the custom compact.

on 7/8/2010 12:25:00 AM

I bought a LM palette at xmas. It has 6 shades, 2 matte, 2 Sateen, 2 pearl. The colours, are vanilla nuts, coffee ground, gold, green, light pink and Kir Royal. sorry i cant remeber that the other 3 are called. Once i look again i will update this review.

I also bought LM limited edition baked eyeshadow set.

of the 2 sets, i prefer the 6 colour one more. The baked shades, go on best wet to get colour on your lids. The reviewer below is right in that it is kinda chalky when dry. But it is a really beautful neutral shimmery colour (but not overly shimmery!)

LM eyeshadows are really nice. they are really well pigmented the colour lasts me all day (even withought primer). they blend well just great quality in general. My 6 colour palette gives me endless combinations! I like coffee ground, its a great shade for me to fill in my eyebrows. it also works well as a creae colour.

the only bad thing i can say about LM is the price... My palette both cost me about $50 AUS. but the packaging is sturdy and they are good to mix and mathc the eye colours so good for travelling.

one other thing is that the palettes give you a brush, and OMG, LM brushes are really great!!! they pick up colour so well and it deposits on your lids so well! The eyeshadow brush and crease brush travel duo is my staple every day! I would buy these brushes separatly if i could!! but they are soo pricey! if anyone doesnt like theirs contact me and i would be happy to take them off you!

on 8/6/2004 9:19:00 PM

A friend of mine has tried to turn me on to LM for years, as she swears by it. But I thought the colors somehow didn't work for me (Asian, light/med complexion). I finally figured out the "trick": LM Eye Basics. With the base, the colors look more like what's in the pan, and they stay put. Now I "get it" why this is so popular; it layers very well and blends well with other pretty LM e/s shades (I blend Hazelnut with Lavender Mist). However, I would definitely not recommend this e/s without the base, as it fades quickly and the color does not stay true (too transparent) on its own.

Other reviewers have commented on the packaging ... I have seen "just pans" (without the boxes) for sale on eBay that would fit into a Trish McEvoy planner. Not sure which stores carry just the pans though.

on 10/2/2002 11:16:00 PM

Laura's shadows are some of the best on the market, IMHO. They don't flake all over your face when you apply them. They're well pigmented, blend easily and last a long time. If I could replace every shadow made by another brand with Laura's, I would. I don't like the packaging color but it's durable and does what it's supposed to do. It's better than cardboard! LOL! On a side note, if you have blue eyes, try lining with her Deep Night shadow. It makes them look amazing.