Laura Mercier Eye Colour

Laura Mercier Eye Colour

4.1

MY HG of shadows. Over 40 and can't do shimmery, but Laura Mercier matte are perfection, last all day and doesn't give me the creasy crumply look. I love the custom compact.

on 12/8/2012 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I like the LM line. I find that as I am growing older, the "no make up make up" looks the best on me that is, natural. I need definition to my eyes, and this in the vanilla nuts, cafe au lait and coffee grounds are my 3 go to colors for definition and lining. I also have gosh knows how many other LM colors in a book of colors. The Kir Royal is gorgeous purple and I use for evenings or a more dramatic look, or as a liner. I love the fact that I can take out the pan and refill the pan that I need. I run out of the lighter colors the most. In many pallates, I run out of my go to colors first and then have alot of specialty colors that I use once in a while. The pans allow me to customize for my every day look, refill what I need, and have it at my fingertips. Yes, it costs more. I buy when it is on sale. I find that I save money in the long run as the drugstore makeup is so poorly packaged, i end up throwing away a $5 - $10.00 item due to poor packaging. With the LM, I get better quality and better packaging thus, my go to day look is at my fingertips and doesn't fall apart every few months, I can re purchase the lighter color more often (re fills), and the colors that I use for lining and eyebrows (Coffee Grounds) will last me 3 yrs. It is all about quick fast easy good looks from LM. Can't complain.

on 6/14/2012 10:40:00 AM

I've used every kind of shadow that's out there and my favorite formula is Laura Mercier by far. There are various finishes: matte, sateen, sequin and luster and I adore them all. They are buildable, blendable, smooth and long lasting. The colors are sophisticated but not without flair. They are gorgeous. After using her products for a month or so I learned that Laura Mercier got her start as a painter and fell in love with doing portraits. As a painter myself, I can really appreciate the hard work it must have taken to create eyeshadows with such lovely pigmentation and texture.

on 8/16/2011 9:59:00 PM

I wear the Laura Mercier Sateen Eye Colour in African Violet. It is like a light-medium purple with small gold flecks that blend perfectly into the purple color. It is so beautiful and so perfect for my hazel eyes that I use it all the time and people always compliment me on it. It is neither too purple or too gold, but a perfect satiny/slight shimmer finish. I wear it to work nearly everyday because it is so easy and lasts all day. Merci bien a vous, Madame Mercier!

on 3/12/2011 3:40:00 AM

I have this in Vanilla Nuts and African Violet. They work really well on my blue eyes, and the African Violet especially is buildable for a subtler daily look or for a night look. Highly recommend.

on 7/8/2010 12:25:00 AM

I bought a LM palette at xmas. It has 6 shades, 2 matte, 2 Sateen, 2 pearl. The colours, are vanilla nuts, coffee ground, gold, green, light pink and Kir Royal. sorry i cant remeber that the other 3 are called. Once i look again i will update this review.

I also bought LM limited edition baked eyeshadow set.

of the 2 sets, i prefer the 6 colour one more. The baked shades, go on best wet to get colour on your lids. The reviewer below is right in that it is kinda chalky when dry. But it is a really beautful neutral shimmery colour (but not overly shimmery!)

LM eyeshadows are really nice. they are really well pigmented the colour lasts me all day (even withought primer). they blend well just great quality in general. My 6 colour palette gives me endless combinations! I like coffee ground, its a great shade for me to fill in my eyebrows. it also works well as a creae colour.

the only bad thing i can say about LM is the price... My palette both cost me about $50 AUS. but the packaging is sturdy and they are good to mix and mathc the eye colours so good for travelling.

one other thing is that the palettes give you a brush, and OMG, LM brushes are really great!!! they pick up colour so well and it deposits on your lids so well! The eyeshadow brush and crease brush travel duo is my staple every day! I would buy these brushes separatly if i could!! but they are soo pricey! if anyone doesnt like theirs contact me and i would be happy to take them off you!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

i absolutely love laura merciers whole line! especially her eyeshadows! they never crease or fade on me and their nicely pigmented. i use to have this set that came with three shadows that was limited edition. one was cashmere which i repurchased...and im not even sure about the other two but i know theyre discountinued cause ive tried looking for them. i wish that i could find those other two colors because they were my fave! i used that pallete everday...well anyways i just bought another pallete with similar shadows and its also great. yay!

This review is about the LM baked eye colour palette in champagne, sepia, mink, malt and sterling.

I would say this e/s requires a wet application to have consistency with the pigments. If applied dry, it is pretty chalky and there is too much glitter fallout. Dare I say it....UD Cowboy rides again. When wet though, creates a soft pretty shimmer and it is buildable. I think this is going to become one of my daily wear staples for a while. The colors are very warm toned and neutral. I haven't tried the brush that came in it. The container is gorgeous and looks very classy.

The reason I gave this a 5 for expensive is because it retails at $48 and it has only 5 colors which are very neutral. The reason I got it was I used the Sephora FF sale. I would buy this again, on sale.

I love Laura Mercier eye shadows. All are highly pigmented so the colour looks the same in the pallette as it does on the eye. The shadows offer smooth, long-lasting colour.

on 5/20/2009 8:58:00 AM

metallic cream eye color in Alloy. This product is beautiful, the color looks good on any eye color. Comes in a small tube. It stays all day doesn't crease at all. All you need is to put a little bit.