Laura Mercier Eye Colour

Laura Mercier Eye Colour

4.1

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This to me (and I have about 5 shades of this now) is at best a very average eyeshadow. If I was to use these and a drugstore eyeshadow and not know which was which, I probably would not be able to tell the difference. I first bought 3 shades while on vacation many years ago. Then after reading rave reviews about a couple other shades, I bought a couple more. I give up. Maybe these shadows (eye colours) just do not work well with my eyelids. But for this price point (and I realize some dislike mentioning price points, but to me, it factors in), I feel like this should be a 'wow!!' product for anyone. I've tried these with various primers, with no primer, with various bases, applied with various different brushes, even old-school sponge applicators. Yeah, I have actually tried several of these over the years, and each one has been a 'dud' for me, First of all, for me, these have no pigmentation. And when I do get them to apply, they apply very patchy. Then they wear off in less than 3 to 4 hours. I give up. Also, the packaging/compact I find to be a pain to open.

on 9/17/2014 9:25:00 PM

I spent a LOT of money on the petite Bonbons holiday palettes and almost EVERY single one of the 30 shades turns into the same muddy shade of brownish gray on my lid. I won't even use it anymore and it's a shame because it was really expensive and I was super excited about the beautiful rainbow of colors. I've never had this problem with any of my naked palettes. NOT WORTH IT!!

on 7/27/2014 8:25:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I love the eye basics. I love the lipsticks. I hope to dissuade you from buying the mahogony eye shadow that is supposedly wet/dry. It really doesn't deliver, a complete waste of money.
Elizabeth Arden's dual perfection is the only way to go if this is any comparison. Save your dollars

on 1/27/2008 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Guava, the nicest peachy/pink eyeshadow. I am in my 50's and you should wear peachy/pinks on your eyes. This one works great and I love it. With the Guava all over the lid, the flat line on top and in waterline with Smashbox Jet Set eye liner in Black, look great, not too made up.
EDIT: Switched to the Chanel Candidade, staying power is better

on 1/7/2007 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

After reading all the reviews here about LM eye shadow, I couldn't wait to try out individual colors, so I bought Holiday book. I didn't like container, but it closed with magnets and it was a good price for 8 colors and an eye liner, so I decided to try it. I went in and the lady applied it to my eyes and I thought it was okay, so I purchased it. The shadow looks so much prettier in the book than on the eye. I tried it numerous times before work and I would always have to wipe it off because it wouldn't apply evenly and then it would look like I had a black eye. The colors look so luminous and bright in book, but on eye, they seem to block light, not reflect it, so they look dead. I am so glad I kept receipt and returned it.

on 4/14/2004 3:09:00 PM

Tried only one - pewter. And I could NOT for the life of me get it to last. It seemed to flake and disapear within 4 hours of my putting it on (and I used a base - do I really need to use a translucent powder over my eyeshadows as another reviewer does?). I thought the quality seemed pretty poor given the price and returned it. Also, I didn't like the packaging which was cheezy. I think these shadows, based on my experience with pewter, are being over-rated here. It's back to Bobbi B for me.

on 6/5/2001 12:21:00 PM

Laura Mercier's e/s were a huge disappointment: the colours looked so pretty and subtle but they are hard to blend and not silky at all. I won't even mention the garish brown plastic packaging which isn't worthy of such an expensive brand.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These come in luster, sateen and matte. Only the matte have enough pigment to really use. Plum Smoke is good for the crease, but there are not enough colors in the matte collection and they are either dark or really light but not midtone like the Plum Smoke. Nothing special.

on 11/17/2006 9:49:00 PM

I have a handful of LM eyeshadows. The mattes are wonderul - silky smooth, blend like a dream, wear like iron over a base, and colors stay true. The shimmers are another story - every single LM shimmer shadow I have owned or tried on has pulled a disappearing act after a couple hours. Every single one! The shimmers just don't last on the lids. I rated the LM shadows a 3 - if I were rating the mattes only I'd absolutely give 5 lippies, but I'd give the shimmers 1, maybe 2 because the colors are lovely, so I compromised and rated a 3.

on 1/3/2013 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Texture - softest eye shadow I've ever tried but then again, I don't use much eye shadow much as I don't like the way they grate at my sensitive skin. So soft! So buttery!! All this time I've been using Laura Mercier Creme Colour which is another great option for people who cannot stand eye shadow.

I have 2 eye colour:
Gold Dust
Seashell Pink (Sateen)

Gold Dust is very light gold but not white. Use this as brow and inner eye highlighter.
Seashell Pink is very light pink with gold undertones (and most probably flecks too). It is Gold Dust with pink.
Both colours are pretty sheer.

So these 2 colours are very pleasant and suitable for people who wants to achieve the healthy barely there look.

See the colours here: