Laura Mercier Eye Colour

Filtered by age: 44-55
Laura Mercier Eye Colour

3.0

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This to me (and I have about 5 shades of this now) is at best a very average eyeshadow. If I was to use these and a drugstore eyeshadow and not know which was which, I probably would not be able to tell the difference. I first bought 3 shades while on vacation many years ago. Then after reading rave reviews about a couple other shades, I bought a couple more. I give up. Maybe these shadows (eye colours) just do not work well with my eyelids. But for this price point (and I realize some dislike mentioning price points, but to me, it factors in), I feel like this should be a 'wow!!' product for anyone. I've tried these with various primers, with no primer, with various bases, applied with various different brushes, even old-school sponge applicators. Yeah, I have actually tried several of these over the years, and each one has been a 'dud' for me, First of all, for me, these have no pigmentation. And when I do get them to apply, they apply very patchy. Then they wear off in less than 3 to 4 hours. I give up. Also, the packaging/compact I find to be a pain to open.

on 12/8/2012 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I like the LM line. I find that as I am growing older, the "no make up make up" looks the best on me that is, natural. I need definition to my eyes, and this in the vanilla nuts, cafe au lait and coffee grounds are my 3 go to colors for definition and lining. I also have gosh knows how many other LM colors in a book of colors. The Kir Royal is gorgeous purple and I use for evenings or a more dramatic look, or as a liner. I love the fact that I can take out the pan and refill the pan that I need. I run out of the lighter colors the most. In many pallates, I run out of my go to colors first and then have alot of specialty colors that I use once in a while. The pans allow me to customize for my every day look, refill what I need, and have it at my fingertips. Yes, it costs more. I buy when it is on sale. I find that I save money in the long run as the drugstore makeup is so poorly packaged, i end up throwing away a $5 - $10.00 item due to poor packaging. With the LM, I get better quality and better packaging thus, my go to day look is at my fingertips and doesn't fall apart every few months, I can re purchase the lighter color more often (re fills), and the colors that I use for lining and eyebrows (Coffee Grounds) will last me 3 yrs. It is all about quick fast easy good looks from LM. Can't complain.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These come in luster, sateen and matte. Only the matte have enough pigment to really use. Plum Smoke is good for the crease, but there are not enough colors in the matte collection and they are either dark or really light but not midtone like the Plum Smoke. Nothing special.

on 1/27/2008 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Guava, the nicest peachy/pink eyeshadow. I am in my 50's and you should wear peachy/pinks on your eyes. This one works great and I love it. With the Guava all over the lid, the flat line on top and in waterline with Smashbox Jet Set eye liner in Black, look great, not too made up.
EDIT: Switched to the Chanel Candidade, staying power is better

on 7/19/2007 7:36:00 PM

These are some of the best eye shadows I've ever used and I've used a lot of different brands! They're very finely milled so they go on like a dream. Using the proper LM brush also makes a huge difference. Hate the initial expense, but love the look and tend to use it every day thereafter. My HG that I use daily is Bordeaux, which isn't listed on MUA individually for some reason. It's a greyish-brownish medium purple, the perfect neutral for the crease of a green-eyed girl. Makes my eyes pop! Try the ponytail brush to apply in the crease -- Magic!

on 1/7/2007 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

After reading all the reviews here about LM eye shadow, I couldn't wait to try out individual colors, so I bought Holiday book. I didn't like container, but it closed with magnets and it was a good price for 8 colors and an eye liner, so I decided to try it. I went in and the lady applied it to my eyes and I thought it was okay, so I purchased it. The shadow looks so much prettier in the book than on the eye. I tried it numerous times before work and I would always have to wipe it off because it wouldn't apply evenly and then it would look like I had a black eye. The colors look so luminous and bright in book, but on eye, they seem to block light, not reflect it, so they look dead. I am so glad I kept receipt and returned it.