Laura Mercier Eye Colour

Filtered by age: 36-43
Laura Mercier Eye Colour

4.9

MY HG of shadows. Over 40 and can't do shimmery, but Laura Mercier matte are perfection, last all day and doesn't give me the creasy crumply look. I love the custom compact.

on 6/14/2012 10:40:00 AM

I've used every kind of shadow that's out there and my favorite formula is Laura Mercier by far. There are various finishes: matte, sateen, sequin and luster and I adore them all. They are buildable, blendable, smooth and long lasting. The colors are sophisticated but not without flair. They are gorgeous. After using her products for a month or so I learned that Laura Mercier got her start as a painter and fell in love with doing portraits. As a painter myself, I can really appreciate the hard work it must have taken to create eyeshadows with such lovely pigmentation and texture.

on 3/12/2011 3:40:00 AM

I have this in Vanilla Nuts and African Violet. They work really well on my blue eyes, and the African Violet especially is buildable for a subtler daily look or for a night look. Highly recommend.

This review is about the LM baked eye colour palette in champagne, sepia, mink, malt and sterling.

I would say this e/s requires a wet application to have consistency with the pigments. If applied dry, it is pretty chalky and there is too much glitter fallout. Dare I say it....UD Cowboy rides again. When wet though, creates a soft pretty shimmer and it is buildable. I think this is going to become one of my daily wear staples for a while. The colors are very warm toned and neutral. I haven't tried the brush that came in it. The container is gorgeous and looks very classy.

The reason I gave this a 5 for expensive is because it retails at $48 and it has only 5 colors which are very neutral. The reason I got it was I used the Sephora FF sale. I would buy this again, on sale.

on 2/29/2008 9:18:00 AM

Laura Mercier's shadows are my absolute favorite out of all the brands I've tried. I like BB's as well, but LM's blend better to me and are easier to work with and layer. I think they have the perfect amount of pigment, and they last forever. I always use her Eye Basics first to cover the veins on my lids, and set it with a little Secret Brightening powder, then the shadow. My favorites for my blue eyes are: Buttercream or Morning Dew for a base, Sandstone with Topaz or Whiskey or Caramel, Nutmeg with Vanilla Nuts, Cashmere, Guava, Margeaux, Truffle or Coffee Grounds as a liner over my Special Brown pencil or Bronze Copper pencil. I love Cashmere with Fresco in the crease, Starfruit is nice as a wash to look wide a wake, so is Sandstone. Not crazy for the package, because they break off the hinge and so you have to be careful with that. With these colors, it just makes blue eyes pop and you notice the eyes, not the shadow. They are beautiful shadows. Great quality, and they last forever!

on 5/31/2006 7:59:00 PM

I have four LM eyeshadows...pearl (a perfect all over color wash for the entire lid), topaz (very similar to chanel vega but I actually like this better), paris by night (a beautiful burgundy) and pewter (a shimmery deep grey). I wear pearl and topaz most often for a nice day look. I use pewter for a smokey eye. I don't use paris by night that much as it has a lot of red in it and unfortunately, makes my eyes look tired. My bad for picking the wrong color for my skintone. I am really impressed with the range of LM eyeshadows. All are very long lasting and easy to apply. No, there is no applicator in the package, but I never use those anyway. She recently changed the packaging to make it easier to open and the color of the packaging is subtle but chic. LM is becoming my favorite makeup brand due to the high quality of her products.

on 8/6/2004 9:19:00 PM

A friend of mine has tried to turn me on to LM for years, as she swears by it. But I thought the colors somehow didn't work for me (Asian, light/med complexion). I finally figured out the "trick": LM Eye Basics. With the base, the colors look more like what's in the pan, and they stay put. Now I "get it" why this is so popular; it layers very well and blends well with other pretty LM e/s shades (I blend Hazelnut with Lavender Mist). However, I would definitely not recommend this e/s without the base, as it fades quickly and the color does not stay true (too transparent) on its own.

Other reviewers have commented on the packaging ... I have seen "just pans" (without the boxes) for sale on eBay that would fit into a Trish McEvoy planner. Not sure which stores carry just the pans though.

I bought this in "Desire", yet another brownish shade...but WHAT a shade! I have PPP skin and brown eyes, and this accentuates them beautifully. There seems to be shimmer, but it's very, very subtle-perfect for me, as I'm no teenager! This was the first LM shadow I've tried, and I love the texture and blendability. Looked like there were quite a lot of equally beautiful colors, as well-I'm surprised I don't hear this line praised more often. Go take a look!

on 6/5/2002 9:08:00 PM

I had a makeover at the LM counter and the MA did an amazing job on my eyes. She used Sandstone (a shimmery pale apricot) as a wash and Margeaux (a dark purple) in the crease. These are colors I would have NEVER tried myself (all my other eyeshadows were various members of the brown/neutral family). I loved the look so much I bought both of them....great texture, sheer enough, beautiful colors.