Laura Mercier Eye Colour

Filtered by age: 19-24
Laura Mercier Eye Colour

4.2

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

i absolutely love laura merciers whole line! especially her eyeshadows! they never crease or fade on me and their nicely pigmented. i use to have this set that came with three shadows that was limited edition. one was cashmere which i repurchased...and im not even sure about the other two but i know theyre discountinued cause ive tried looking for them. i wish that i could find those other two colors because they were my fave! i used that pallete everday...well anyways i just bought another pallete with similar shadows and its also great. yay!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

(Updated in 2011) I have/had coffee ground, topaz, deep night, lapis (sapphire), lavender mist, mermaid (shimmery teal), princess (pink), buttercream, and the wild violet quad. You don't realize how reliable Laura Mercier's products are, and how thoughtful the packaging is, until you have used them for a while. LM is sensible like Bobbie Brown, but has a lot more flair. The eyeshadows have gone through several evolutions that saw significant changes in the color selection and the packaging. I feel the direction is towards neutrality and wearability, with the deliberate goal to offer the basic colors (brown, navy, gray, black, beige) in a variety of tones and finishes (matte, sateen, luster, and sequin). This is however achieved at the expense of the color range. I adore purple shadows, and LM used to have indigo, sapphire, violet, lavender, lilac, and everything in between, but now she only does them for the occasional holiday compact ("Silk Road" had two great purples). But the quality of the shadow is top-notch. The dark colors sustain great intensity, while the light ones remain pigmented despite their lightness, provided that an eyeshadow base is used. The shimmer never overwhelms. In terms of application, they are easy to apply, blend, and build, and will last from the morning til late afternoon, though I encourage a touch-up in the evening. All of the eyeshadows (and blushes as well) can be depotted for your personalized compact. I also recommend the LM e/s brush; my only complaint is that, though it grabs the color and applies it well, it also produces a bit of a fallout.

on 6/20/2003 5:26:00 PM

I am really glad I swapped for this. I have it in candied chestnut wich is a light brown shade. Does not grease and I love the packaging. It is so stylish. Too bad these are not available in scandinavia. If i sometimes travel to the usa I will go and get these.

on 6/13/2003 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I need goof proof e/s for days when MU application time is 3 mins. flat. Thank gooshness for LM colours. They are user friendly in every way except one, the packaging. ARRGH! if..I...could..get..them..open!~
Other then that I love the stuff inside, beautiful matte neutrals and soft colours that are important to a girl like me (oily lids..eww, i know), color lasts and doesn't crease. Lucky for me, that they revamped their package stlye and all is right in the world of oily lids. (~_*)

on 6/5/2001 12:21:00 PM

Laura Mercier's e/s were a huge disappointment: the colours looked so pretty and subtle but they are hard to blend and not silky at all. I won't even mention the garish brown plastic packaging which isn't worthy of such an expensive brand.