2.1

Reviews

3.0
from

8 years ago

Perhaps they reformulated this product...it came in the pump form and had a sponge to apply and remove the product. I put it on my bikini area (coarse hair!) for 5 mins...after 5 mins jumped in the shower and used the sponge to lightly rub it off. All the hair came off easily and I am now ridiculously smooth without the nasty red bumps and razor burn that I usually get. I can't shave this close! Very happy with the product. **Update...2 days later I still got a little bit of the redness and a few bumps.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Other

HairBrunette

8 years ago

This product sucked! I thought it woudl be awesome, and I have coarse hair, but when I tried it on my under arms.... it removed nothing! I even waited longer some times, and washed hard since it didn't come out easily... and still nothign came out, along with the fact it smelled like cow manure! ew. The price was ok... but totally not worth it... Please don't buy!

About reviewer (36 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

HairBrown

8 years ago

According to the instructions, you should keep it on at least one minute before showering. Well, I wait at least 3 minutes, sometimes up to 5. Still, it removes some of the hair, making my leg looks patchy. It also burns from all the rubbing I do trying to remove more hair - and this is the sensitive skin one. Compared to the Nair lotion, this smells better, but does not work nearly as well. Definitely will not be repurchasing.

About reviewer (71 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Other, Fine

8 years ago

The only reason I'm giving this product a 1 instead of a 0 is that at least it didn't do any damage to my skin. But it also didn't have any effect on my hair. The first time I tried it for the recommended time, the second I left it on twice as long. But zip, no hair removal AT ALL. And the smell is foul -- it may be "lavendar" variety, but it's more like "lavendar scented toxic waste." Oh well, at least it was free. I'm sticking to razors from now on.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairRed

EyesGreen

from

8 years ago

Re: Shower Power MAX: You see that other picture up there with the nifty pump dispenser? Looks appealing, right? Don't let it fool you. That stuff is evil. I've used it twice. First time = beautiful, wonderful success! My legs were so soft and smooth. All my leg hair just wiped right off. I was so happy thinking that my days of shaving my legs would soon be a thing of the past. I was thrilled when the leg hair grew back in slower and softer. But then... (duh, dunt)... just when I thought it was safe to go back into the shower with my Nair Shower Max, this stuff chewed me up and spit me out. It wouldn't remove even half of the regrowth and then, in an attempt to 'help' the process, I left it on a minute or two longer (carefully checking every 15 secs or so) and thats it all it took. My legs started burning and the poors on my upper thighs turned blood red and the skin was RED. I couldn't get that stuff rinsed off fast enough. Kinda weird that I didn't actually bleed though. Not that I'm complaining. BEWARE....STAY AWA Y! ! ! I thought I was showering with Jekyll and he quickly became Hyde. (gosh that metaphor brings back a few past acquaintainces to mind. LOL). UPDATE: I must say that despite the bad experience, the regrowth has been so soft and not prickly. That has been an unexpected plus. But I'll still not retry. Next on my list to try is Gigi's hair remover lotion. Fingers crossed...

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

8 years ago

I got this product for my underarms, as shaving doesn't really work for me, but I also ended up using it on my legs. I had a horrible allergic reaction anywhere I used it, and worst of all, it didn't work any better than shaving. In fact it was less effective than shaving with a cheap dispoable razor. The smell is disgusting, and hangs around after you get out of the shower. The only plus was that it made my legs soft after I shaved them using this as a shaving creme.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

8 years ago

i just used it half an hour ago and im bleeding all over my leg. my skin started to peel off after using this.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

8 years ago

I would only use this product once every few weeks on my tummy and legs but stopped emmediately after I noticed white spots all over my tummy area and a few on my legs. I haven't used it ever since and its been like 5 months now and I still have these white spots. Just a few days ago I went to the dermatologist to get my skin checked out and turns out I have a skin condition called "tenia versicolor" I will have to deal with this for the rest of my life thanks to nair! This product can go to hell.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

9 years ago

I have dark, coarse hair and my skin seems to haaate razors. I've had a bottle of this stuff kicking around for ages, and after two months of evading the razor, I did a patch test and tried this out. The patch test went a-ok, so I tried it on my legs. It worked REALLY well for long, scraggly hair on my legs. The only things I dislike are: - It doesn't seem to do as nice of a job on shorter hair a few days later. - The bottle. Slippery and annoying. Also, my cat seems to love to smell me when I'm using the stuff, so I need to lock her out of the bathroom. I don't even know what her deal is. Regardless, I will repurchase, possibly in the pump bottle to eliminate the bottle problem. Make sure you moisturize afterward!

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Olive, Warm

HairOther, Curly, Medium

9 years ago

I bought this product from Shoppers Drug Mart for 8.99, which is an okay price for me, and before I tried it I decided to read some MakeupAlley reviews. As I read about burning, sores, and ingrown hairs, I grew steadily more and more disheartened. However, I didn't want to let 8.99 go to waste! I decided to try it on my left calf only, and if it started burning I'd wash it off and throw it out. I did that, and I didn't experience discomfort of any kind! It washed off without a problem, stayed on while I was showering, and my calf is silky smooth and hydrated. I'm putting it on the rest of my legs tonight!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium