Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy
Viva La Juicy

4.1

Notes: Wild Berries, Mandarins, Honeysuckle, Gardenia, Jasmine, Amber, Caramel, Vanilla, Sandalwood, Praline

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This perfume smells nice but its too bland for me. It smells like some type of air freshner. Very plain perfume. Its a ok. Thank god I bought the rollie ball and not that expensive perfume bottle.

on 6/29/2014 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I love this perfume and I get so many compliments on it. It's very long lasting. I don't categorize scents with age. I love sweet and fruity scents. Every scent depends on a person per fence. The only down side to this perfume is the price. It's a bit pricey but I will repurchase again.

on 8/16/2013 4:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I think im the last person to finally buy a bottle of viva la juicy lol. Seems like everyone has it. After seeing it everywhere and hearing so much about it I finally picked up a 1oz bottle from tjmaxx. The first thing that came to my mind when I got home and opened it was " hey wheres my charm?" Then I learned the cute little charm doesn't come with the 1oz bottle, no big deal. Now on the the perfume, it smells just like I imagined-fruity, but I like it!! Its sweet and "juicy" like candy. It has great staying power and the scent is strong, but not like headache strong. I spray once on my chest and on one wrist and it last me the whole day! Very girly young scent, but I think anyone can wear it. My mom even borrows it! I dont wear the same fragrance everyday so this is nice to have in my collection.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I'm really on the fence about this one. I've never bought this fragrance but I sampled it at ulta twice. The first time I tried it it was a very sweet, creamy fragrance that smelled very mature and grown up. It lasted for quite some time I could smell it even after I got home. However the second time I tried all i could smell were pure chemicals and it only lasted all of two seconds on me. Wierd. I don't know if its the bottle was old or what? Anyway I would like to purchase the perfume to see how it really is

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

DO NOT PURCHASE THIS ITEM FROM TJ MAXX/MARSHALLS/etc.

I will review the perfume itself after I've had a chance to fully evaluate the bottle I purchased from Nordstrom. But wanted to suggest using caution when buying this scent from the above stores.

I purchased a bottle .5 oz of VLJ EDP last Saturday from a local TJ Maxx, and the bottle is almost empty seven days later. The perfume had absolutely no staying power beyond 30 minutes, leading me to continually reapply it in order to smell it. Even moments after I spritzed myself, the TJ Maxx version was significantly less concentrated than its Nordstrom version.

Not only that, but several of the dominant notes in the Nordstrom version were either muddled or non-existent in the TJ Maxx version. Basically, I've no idea of VLJ's shelf life, but it's shorter than the time it spent sitting on the shelf (or in a truck, or in the sunlight, or who knows where) at TJ Maxx.

Given that my whole rational for buying it from TJ Maxx in the first place was that it would be a cheap, quick method of trying the scent (I didn't have time to visit a store which provided samples)? My going back to the store to request a refund would have cost me more in irritation than the money I wasted on the perfume.

I may have just found a bad bottle, no clue. But the risk in purchasing a gift for someone, which then turns out to be a dud? Not sure it's worth the marginal reduction in retail price. And given that I've seen comparable stories of stale/expired perfume purchases from discount stores?

Stick to department stores/boutiques for this one.

on 9/26/2011 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Very yummy! The floral fruity description is very appropriate. I'm smelling the top and middle notes now, and I think it's kind of subtle on me. To me, the dominant notes are gardenia, blackcurrant, and honeysuckle; with vanilla and caramel shyly hanging out in the background- maybe they'll get a big more outgoing by the time the drydown comes along! It's great! I'm glad I got a mini of this! Next base: full bottle!

Update: Drydown is really nice- I didn't really notice this before since I was drooling over the original Juicy Couture! On the downside, most EDPs and EDTs will last at least 9 hours on me, but this one kind of went very subtle after 5 hours- not too happy about that, but it is still one of my favourites!

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I tried this a couple months ago at Kohl's and didn't care for it. I tried it today at Ulta and LOVED it!! I don't know what happened. Anyway, after hearing so much hype over this, I had to try it again. As I walked around Ulta, I kept getting whiffs of this sensual vanilla fragrance. Totally not thinking it was me until I got to the register. The cashier immediately said "MMMmmm, You smell good! What do you have on?" I then sniffed my wrist and realized it was the VLJ. It smells a bit like BBWs Forever Sunshine. The scent seemed to wear down quickly and fade within a couple hours but there's still a trace of something yummy. It dried down to a mild vanilla. VLJ is definitely a romantic/date night scent. Since I love vanilla based fragrances I'll have to add this to my collection.

on 6/14/2011 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

I received this as a gift per request and I love how it smells! It's a sweet and fruity floral fragrance, but not overly sweet or fruity. The one reason why I wouldn't repurchase this is because it doesn't last long. For the price, I would expect that it would last longer than it does, and I find myself reapplying when I shouldn't have to. I don't have the body wash or lotion to know if layering would help, but I know that the roller ball doesn't so...you get the drift. Smells great though!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Love this scent! A little more floral than my normal gourmand tastes, but still sweet. Men love this! I'm very lighthanded w my fragrances- 1, maybe 2 sprays rubbed together on pulse points. Stays virtually all day, which is great bc I don't like reapplying. Great choice.

on 12/7/2010 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

My signature scent. I'm not a "perfume girl" at all but i love Viva La Juicy. It is sweet and a little spicy and not very floral, which I love. I get so many compliments about it everyday. It is sorta pricey, but my local TJ Maxx always has at least one size of it in stock. The 1 oz bottle lasted me about 3 months, with light spraying. I also have the mini mini size, the scent doesn't last long but it is nice to have in your purse for a little freshening up. My only complaint would be that my bottle topper always falls off. Which is probably because it is so top heavy. Overall really nice perfume and packaging, definitely worth the money.

Popular Fragrances