Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy
Viva La Juicy

4.1

Notes: Wild Berries, Mandarins, Honeysuckle, Gardenia, Jasmine, Amber, Caramel, Vanilla, Sandalwood, Praline

I got a teeny, bite sized .17 oz bottle in an Ulta sampler set. I really like it! At first dab it's very strong, almost harsh, but the berries and vanilla sweeten it out. It turns into a floral berry confection once it mellows down. It seems to go well with my skin, I like it best once it's been on for a couple of hours. It has great longevity, much better than Viva la Juicy Gold Couture which I also own and love. Will repurchase.

on 10/20/2018 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I got this perfume in a three piece gift set today. I love it! The box is beautiful. The bottle is gorgeous! It smells great on me. I got a body cream, large perfume, and purse spray in the set. I have been wanting this perfume for years but was hooked on Jessica Simpson Fancy. I finally made the switch happily.

on 6/7/2016 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Today I deleted my old 5/4/13 review & rewrote it below. This is the second time I've deleted and rewritten one of my old reviews for a perfume I've changed my mind about.

I'm wearing my Viva La Juicy on this warm June day, and honestly I'm LOVING it. This is way more exciting than any of the (very nice) perfumes I've been wearing lately -- because this has it ALL going on. It's so lively, full-bodied, rich, colorful, expansive. "Viva" is right -- it's full of life!

An EDP, I believe, it launched in 2008, and here are its notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes - Mandarin, Wild berries
Heart Notes - Gardenia, Honeysuckle, Jasmine
Base Notes - Amber, Caramel, Praliné, Sandalwood, Vanilla

A treat for the senses -- I feel like I'm at a carnival or Mardi Gras. The opposite of bland or meh, it offers so much more than the basic linear or layered floral, fruit, wood, or musk perfumes. VLJ shoots off in many colorful directions at once, like a starburst. Wearing it feels like a celebration or a party. It's fun, light-hearted, bright, happy -- and delicious (yet without being overly sweet or dessert-y).

It's like an "everything bagel" of perfumes -- multifaceted -- a cornicopia of delicious categories of notes. Yet they balance each other out -- it's neither too sweet, too fruity, too floral, nor too gourmand -- the note groups seem to sort of meet in the middle and balance each other out.

I'm finding Viva La Juicy to be soft, powdery, delicious, and a very feel-good perfume. Not necessarily just for the young (which I'm not) -- it's good for any age, I think.

And to top it off, the bottle is to-die-for gorgeous, as all Juicy Couture bottles are. What more could I ask of a perfume? (I'm asking myself today, as I wear this). It's been a best-seller and a crowd-pleaser for many years, for good reason. IMHO, Viva La Juicy really does deliver -- on all levels.

on 3/7/2016 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

SO Disappointing – lasted less than an hour!

I love this so much but I have really dry skin and no matter how much I spray - this literally lasted no more than an hour on me. I bought the roller ball hoping it would be a different formulation on my skin. No luck. I see all the reviews were people say it lasts all day on them. How can this be? I put it on my neck, my wrist, you name it - and poof it’s gone. Smells beautiful but I can’t justify paying any more than $2 for something that literally disappears. I’ve even tried moisturizer prior to spraying to see if it would last. SO jealous of folks that say this lasts all day on them.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

To me, this is just okay. Another reviewer referred to perfumes being "so many copy cat fruity jolly rancher screech fests that have come out" --- and that is exactly what I think of when I think of this. It is not a bad scent, just pretty much nothing special imho, especially lately with so many similar fragrances, and you can find a similar fragrance for less money.

I think this is great for tweens, teens, 20-somethings and 30-somethings, or anyone older who justs wants a fun, youthful (sweet, cloyingly sweet) smell. I could see this giving people headaches, especially if applied too heavily.

This lasts for me a better part of the day, no real estimate of time, I guess a good 12 hours or so. Dry down does pretty much smell the same as when first applied for me, so there is that.

Only got this in a sampler kind of pack of perfumes..Would not (re-)purchase.

on 12/2/2014 7:05:00 PM

Short review - yummy, fruity but not overly sweet like Pink sugar. I love and have repurchased. One lippie off cuz it doesn't last but really nothing does on me. xo

on 6/14/2014 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is very very sweet, and hugely synthetic to my nose, I can see teenagers liking it, as it is candy sweet.. The other flankers are all better, as they aren't so hugely sweet.
Not much for me to add, you can buy it at Walmart , it is pretty cheap, very popular, but far from the best fragrances.

on 5/2/2014 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It's much too sweet, it's too girly, it's not subtle enough, it will last on your skin until your next lengthy shower, try as you like to scrub it off.

And it's also perfect.

Because sometimes I want to smell like a Barbie doll: too sweet, too girly, not subtle, and weirdly magical. It's not my signature scent, but I'll always have a bottle around, which generally can be picked up on the cheap at TJ Maxx or any other discount retailer.

Eat your heart out, Chanel Cristalle,Tom Ford Noir de Noir, and Serge Lutens everything.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I LOVE this scent. I don't agree with others who say it smells like every other sweet/fruity perfume out there. There's something different about it. It reminds me of a very specific dessert that one of my coworkers made for me... Cream cheese, brown sugar, and grapes. There's something caramel-y, too. It's rich and decadent, and a bit heavy (which I like). This scent has more body than any other sweet/fruity fragrance I've tried.
Staying power is decent, sillage is moderate.
Love love love it!

My favorite perfume! Smells soo good! Highly recommended!