Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy

Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy
Viva La Juicy

4.1

Notes: Wild Berries, Mandarins, Honeysuckle, Gardenia, Jasmine, Amber, Caramel, Vanilla, Sandalwood, Praline

on 1/15/2017 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This one came out when I was in high school, but surprisingly, it wasn't a massive hit amongst myself and my peers. In Australia, the year 2008, we all wore Fantasy to death... Midnight Fantasy to be exact.

So, I hadn't really been compelled to try this. However.... when I did... hooooolly!! what a perfume! I have heart eyes wearing this.

So yummy and gorgeous. Intoxicatingly beautiful. Vanilla, orange, caramel, praline with some sweet, delicate white florals in the back.

It's just such a delicious fragrance, I have no idea why anyone couldn't at least like this one. It isn't screechy, it's not heavy and it's not offensive. It's just so likeable! Forever and ever love.

Sillage, big for the first 10-40 mins. Then a skin scent. Longevity = hopeless unfortunately.

on 6/7/2016 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Today I deleted my old 5/4/13 review & rewrote it below. This is the second time I've deleted and rewritten one of my old reviews for a perfume I've changed my mind about.

I'm wearing my Viva La Juicy on this warm June day, and honestly I'm LOVING it. This is way more exciting than any of the (very nice) perfumes I've been wearing lately -- because this has it ALL going on. It's so lively, full-bodied, rich, colorful, expansive. "Viva" is right -- it's full of life!

An EDP, I believe, it launched in 2008, and here are its notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes - Mandarin, Wild berries
Heart Notes - Gardenia, Honeysuckle, Jasmine
Base Notes - Amber, Caramel, Praliné, Sandalwood, Vanilla

A treat for the senses -- I feel like I'm at a carnival or Mardi Gras. The opposite of bland or meh, it offers so much more than the basic linear or layered floral, fruit, wood, or musk perfumes. VLJ shoots off in many colorful directions at once, like a starburst. Wearing it feels like a celebration or a party. It's fun, light-hearted, bright, happy -- and delicious (yet without being overly sweet or dessert-y).

It's like an "everything bagel" of perfumes -- multifaceted -- a cornicopia of delicious categories of notes. Yet they balance each other out -- it's neither too sweet, too fruity, too floral, nor too gourmand -- the note groups seem to sort of meet in the middle and balance each other out.

I'm finding Viva La Juicy to be soft, powdery, delicious, and a very feel-good perfume. Not necessarily just for the young (which I'm not) -- it's good for any age, I think.

And to top it off, the bottle is to-die-for gorgeous, as all Juicy Couture bottles are. What more could I ask of a perfume? (I'm asking myself today, as I wear this). It's been a best-seller and a crowd-pleaser for many years, for good reason. IMHO, Viva La Juicy really does deliver -- on all levels.

on 6/6/2016 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

My current obsession after switching out from my YSL parisienne edt and Chloe edp. It smell sweet, and perfect for any time of the day. The scent lingered for a good, solid 8 hours or more and even after that, you can still smell the faint sweet scent. Definitely recommend to anyone who loves sweet, fragrant perfume.

This is one of the top 10 perfumes ever made(in my book ).smells mostly of mandarin orange at first. Then dies down to a lighter floral scent.reminds me of both spring and summer! This was the first "designer" perfume I ever bought. have repurchased twice,definitely will again.

on 3/17/2016 7:25:00 PM

Bought the rollerball at TJ Maxx after bypassing this perfume soooo many times. Because of the low price, I decided to smell it and I fell in love. Such a sweet feminine smell without being cloyingly sweet or sickening. So glad I picked this up as I was looking for a new perfume and never would have considered this one!

on 3/7/2016 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

SO Disappointing – lasted less than an hour!

I love this so much but I have really dry skin and no matter how much I spray - this literally lasted no more than an hour on me. I bought the roller ball hoping it would be a different formulation on my skin. No luck. I see all the reviews were people say it lasts all day on them. How can this be? I put it on my neck, my wrist, you name it - and poof it’s gone. Smells beautiful but I can’t justify paying any more than $2 for something that literally disappears. I’ve even tried moisturizer prior to spraying to see if it would last. SO jealous of folks that say this lasts all day on them.

on 10/19/2015 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have the SO INTENSE version, i found it at marshalls for 49.99, and I love it!!! it is the same smell as the original perfume, but it lasts longer

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Over the years I've bought a few bottles of this perfume. I first smelled it on a friend in 2010 around when it first came out and I had to have it because it smelled so good in her. I loved it and wore it exclusively for a few years, then just got kinda tired of it and how unbelievably common it was with other girls I knew. Seriously, I don't know a single girl who doesn't own a bottle of this perfume. Since then, I've moved on to more unique scents (Alien by Thierry Mugler is my all time favorite, surprisingly not used by anyone I know) but this is an old comforting scent. I'm not crazy about the top notes but I love the caramel/vanilla/praline dry down, it's very soft and sweet. A good scent if you like the typical gourmands, otherwise, you can find something more unique I'm sure.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

To me, this is just okay. Another reviewer referred to perfumes being "so many copy cat fruity jolly rancher screech fests that have come out" --- and that is exactly what I think of when I think of this. It is not a bad scent, just pretty much nothing special imho, especially lately with so many similar fragrances, and you can find a similar fragrance for less money.

I think this is great for tweens, teens, 20-somethings and 30-somethings, or anyone older who justs wants a fun, youthful (sweet, cloyingly sweet) smell. I could see this giving people headaches, especially if applied too heavily.

This lasts for me a better part of the day, no real estimate of time, I guess a good 12 hours or so. Dry down does pretty much smell the same as when first applied for me, so there is that.

Only got this in a sampler kind of pack of perfumes..Would not (re-)purchase.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This perfume smells nice but its too bland for me. It smells like some type of air freshner. Very plain perfume. Its a ok. Thank god I bought the rollie ball and not that expensive perfume bottle.

Popular Fragrances