Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy

Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy
Viva La Juicy

4.1

Notes: Wild Berries, Mandarins, Honeysuckle, Gardenia, Jasmine, Amber, Caramel, Vanilla, Sandalwood, Praline

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

First off, I am VERY migraine prone. Original Juicy nearly hospitalized me. I don't smell the vanilla notes that some comment on. I can't do super sweet smells. This....is....wonderful. I put it on in the car after I bought it and did some shopping. When I got home a few hours later, my 15 year old son (who is BRUTALLY honest) said "Mom, you smell REALLY good!" So although I really don't WANT to appeal to teenage boys, it's better than being told I smell like an old lady who peed herself. Only complaints are the bottle is SO heavy and bulky. The price tag of $85 was hefty but that's pretty much what a 3.4 oz of anything runs. Don't think it's a "teen" fragrance. It's complex and sophisticated.

Errrgg! I hate that I like this. All the cool kids are wearing it and I'm so not a cool kid. The bottle looks cheap and the name sucks. When someone asks me what I wearing, I actually lie and say it's VS Noir Tease cause I'm embarrassed to say Viva La "Juicy". I'm an older woman, and there is nothing juicy about me. I want to stop liking this, but it smells so dang good on me. SMH

on 6/7/2016 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Today I deleted my old 5/4/13 review & rewrote it below. This is the second time I've deleted and rewritten one of my old reviews for a perfume I've changed my mind about.

I'm wearing my Viva La Juicy on this warm June day, and honestly I'm LOVING it. This is way more exciting than any of the (very nice) perfumes I've been wearing lately -- because this has it ALL going on. It's so lively, full-bodied, rich, colorful, expansive. "Viva" is right -- it's full of life!

An EDP, I believe, it launched in 2008, and here are its notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes - Mandarin, Wild berries
Heart Notes - Gardenia, Honeysuckle, Jasmine
Base Notes - Amber, Caramel, Praliné, Sandalwood, Vanilla

A treat for the senses -- I feel like I'm at a carnival or Mardi Gras. The opposite of bland or meh, it offers so much more than the basic linear or layered floral, fruit, wood, or musk perfumes. VLJ shoots off in many colorful directions at once, like a starburst. Wearing it feels like a celebration or a party. It's fun, light-hearted, bright, happy -- and delicious (yet without being overly sweet or dessert-y).

It's like an "everything bagel" of perfumes -- multifaceted -- a cornicopia of delicious categories of notes. Yet they balance each other out -- it's neither too sweet, too fruity, too floral, nor too gourmand -- the note groups seem to sort of meet in the middle and balance each other out.

I'm finding Viva La Juicy to be soft, powdery, delicious, and a very feel-good perfume. Not necessarily just for the young (which I'm not) -- it's good for any age, I think.

And to top it off, the bottle is to-die-for gorgeous, as all Juicy Couture bottles are. What more could I ask of a perfume? (I'm asking myself today, as I wear this). It's been a best-seller and a crowd-pleaser for many years, for good reason. IMHO, Viva La Juicy really does deliver -- on all levels.

on 12/13/2008 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

We all know that there are certain cosmetics and skin care products that make you look younger, well here's a fragrance that will make you smell younger (and not in a 12 year old kind of way). It takes years off you with it's intoxicating fresh and fruity scent. This lovely concoction marries rich pralines and vanilla with deletable fruit and musk. The honeysuckle, wild berries and mandarin oranges work beautifully together. It all comes together to make you smell incredibly fresh and delicious. I have been getting quite a few compliments on this fragrance with everyone wanting to know what it was. I adore the bottle with all of it's cute charms and pretty bow, however I think the little gold safety pin is a bit tacky (I think it's odd looking so I removed mine). I was not impressed with the original Juicy Couture fragrance, however this one is delightful, youthful and completely alive.

on 2/26/2014 2:55:00 PM

I like this scent. When I first tried it, it turned me off. But I just sprayed on a sample again and this is a good smell. It may be "aimed" at the younger crowd, but I think this scent is ageless. Most perfumes I have are those clean and fresh scents. This is totally different of course. I can smell the floral, the fruit, and the vanilla/caramel. The latter ingredients gives this perfume a warm feel; which is good during the winter. Viva La Juicy is very pleasant without being heavy. Looks like I'm purchasing yet another perfume! :-)

on 11/18/2009 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I love this fragrance. I'm usually not into popular scents I just seem to gravitate towards florientals or vanilla scents, and for once I found a fragrance that is complex (not a one note), not cloying, and not headache inducing. This scent is everything that I have been searching for that makes me youthful and chic. I'm 28, and I have seen alot of perfumes released lately that can really age a person, nobody wants to wear old lady perfumes.

Anyway, I love Viva La Juicy that it starts off very citrisy floral, I can wear more than one spray without sneezing, and then the dry down after a few hours is very cozy comforting vanilla sandlewood on me. I got the set for $90 from Macy's so its not cheap which included 3.4oz parfum, generous 4.2oz of the body lotion, 4.2oz of the showergel. Luckly I had a gift card so it was well worth it. If anyone wants to try this fragrance, its only $16 at sephora for .25oz rollerball size.

EDIT: my fiance told me that i smelled pretty last night, that was quite a shock! FINALLY!! he likes something that I like because he has only said that about 2 fragrances that I have owned, and I have tried over 50 fragrances.

on 12/14/2013 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Viva La Juicy is pretty good for a super popular fragrance. Everyone's nose is different, to me this is not an overdose of sweet like I am reading in the reviews. I can think of a few other beloved mass market fragrances that make my teeth hurt, but anyway. I also don't see it suitable for children or tweens, but it's pretty popular, so maybe a few like it. That said, I am a "mature" woman that wears this fragrance. My husband loves it. Sometimes you need a fragrance wardrobe that resembles a spice cabinet. Some sweet, some tangy, some spicy... you get it. Fragrance should be fun, you don't have to be so serious and complex all the time. If you like it, wear it.

on 11/21/2010 2:38:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I really like this scent but there has been something just slightly Ďoffí about it for me which I think I have finally put my finger on: the mandarin in the opening - something in the opening reminds me of those tiny wet napkins that come in the sachet that you have to tear open. It's a citrus, disinfectant type of smell. For a while I thought I could detect a carrot-like note but I finally realised thatís itís the mandarin - it clashes with the sweeter, gourmand notes such as the caramel, vanilla and pralines at the base. Luckily, I can only detect the mandarin fleetingly in the beginning before it soon disappears and Viva La Juicy settles into a warm, comfortable place. Maybe not the most well-blended scent. I guess not all of the notes complement/work with each other. The top notes are wild berries and juicy mandarin, middle notes are honeysuckle, gardenia and jasmine and at the base there is amber, caramel, vanilla, sandalwood and pralines. I can't say that I detect the honeysuckle or jasmine at all; the caramel, vanilla, pralines and berries are the most apparent for me.. as for the top notes, I do get the berries and mandarin but I feel like I can sense a very strong grape note. Sometimes I catch this on myself and think I smell pineapple, too. Itís fruity but also very candy-like (like fruit-flavored) lollipops or something. While the initial impression is sugary, fruity and Ďbrightí - almost piercing - it does soften into a creamier scent (which I guess must be the pralines coming through) with time. So definitely not linear, it develops into something quite different from the first impression. The general feeling is sweet, like vanilla ice-cream dessert topped with chocolate sauce, caramel, raspberries and pineapples. It's quite yummy. I can imagine some dismissing this as 'young' or 'teen' probably due to Juicy Couture's image as a whole (not to mention the princessy bottle adorned with a giant pink bow) and the fact that it's quite a "generic" scent. I personally would describe Viva as wearable, accessible and inoffensive rather than boring or dull. I think it's a good think that I really canít imagine anyone *hating* it like you get with fragrances such as Poison, Fracas and Giorgio Beverly Hills, for example. Itís easy to wear and probably most suitable for casual-wear like the gym, shopping or when you just want to feel pretty. It wouldnít suit a formal event, job interview or a club environment (itís not detectable enough). Like others have said its kinda weak, I have to use about 10 sprays to make it noticeable and top up. Also the lasting power - not great especially considering the high price. Also, weirdly, sometimes I seem to become anosmic when wearing it. Perhaps because I'm used to heavy-hitters... bold, strong scents (Angel, JPG, FBomb). I like it but nothing special or earth-shattering to the perfume world. I doubt Chandler Burr's reviewed it, let's just say that.

on 9/2/2010 10:36:00 AM

I LOVE Viva la Juicy!! I am 24 years old and I don't think I am too old for this flirty and girly perfume at all. To me, perfumes in genral are too heavy for a teenager anyway.

When I first spray it on, I can smell fruits. LOTS of fruits. Berries, mandarine.. Everything is sweet, but not overly sweet. It all blends perfectly. Then after a while, it will calm down and slowly transform into this nice and discret comforting warm vanilla scent. My boyfriend LOVES this perfume, it is his favorite out of all my perfumes. I have received lots of compliments on it as well.

The only thumbs down i'd give to Viva la Juicy is the lasting power... It doesn't last very long on my skin. But I don't really care, I love it so much, I could spray it on all day long!!

To anyone wondering if it's too sweet and fruity.. NOT AT ALL! I am not a big floral perfume person myself, that might be why I don't think it is overly sweet or fruity.

on 1/15/2017 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This one came out when I was in high school, but surprisingly, it wasn't a massive hit amongst myself and my peers. In Australia, the year 2008, we all wore Fantasy to death... Midnight Fantasy to be exact.

So, I hadn't really been compelled to try this. However.... when I did... hooooolly!! what a perfume! I have heart eyes wearing this.

So yummy and gorgeous. Intoxicatingly beautiful. Vanilla, orange, caramel, praline with some sweet, delicate white florals in the back.

It's just such a delicious fragrance, I have no idea why anyone couldn't at least like this one. It isn't screechy, it's not heavy and it's not offensive. It's just so likeable! Forever and ever love.

Sillage, big for the first 10-40 mins. Then a skin scent. Longevity = hopeless unfortunately.

Popular Fragrances