Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy

Filtered by age: 30-35
Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy
Viva La Juicy

3.7

Notes: Wild Berries, Mandarins, Honeysuckle, Gardenia, Jasmine, Amber, Caramel, Vanilla, Sandalwood, Praline

on 10/20/2018 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I got this perfume in a three piece gift set today. I love it! The box is beautiful. The bottle is gorgeous! It smells great on me. I got a body cream, large perfume, and purse spray in the set. I have been wanting this perfume for years but was hooked on Jessica Simpson Fancy. I finally made the switch happily.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This was a Mother's Day gift, to myself.
I had not tried it before (I know, I'm two decades late) but my sister in law said I needed a sweet fragrance, and to broaden my horizons away from citrus and what she calls "masculine" scents. Whatever. I have a sneaking suspicion that my husband had something to do with this. He doesn't understand my obsession with citrus scents, he prefers sweet ones.

She recommended this. She is classy and feminine. So I bought it.

I got the extra large bottle online at Macy's for a solid C note ($100.) I decided to get that, because it came with a seriously cute Juicy Couture purse and some lotion of the same fragrance. Plus free two day shipping. I feel like I really got my money's worth. Because I am cheap.

This bottle is HUGE. 6.7 ounces to be exact. I haven't seen a perfume bottle that big before. The decoration makes me feel as if I could really sit with Jeffree Star and the Plastics on Wednesday. Very good quality package. It was wrapped in a hot pink hinge lid box, with a black velvet lining. I'm impressed and feel a little juvenile for loving something so bubble-gummy so much.

As for the scent, I cannot seem to stop smelling different notes throughout the day. It mellows and blooms. I smell vanilla, musk, pineapple, berry, woods, amber. I feel it mixes well with tobacco smoke, smelling like marshmallows and campfire. It's sweet, but not sickening and not overpowering. In high school I wore Avon's Candid, and this reminds me slightly of it! Surprisingly, I absolutely love it. It isn't strong from the start, but it clings and lingers. I'm impressed. I feel it might be too young for me, but I guess I need to lighten up anyway. Probably won't be repurchasing any time soon, I have a swimming pool of the stuff.

Glad I tried it. Not 5 lippies, but good enough to take me back to high school.

I LOVE this perfume. One of the best smelling scents ever.

That said, it seems to make me sneeze more than any other fragrance I've worn. I will not repurchase. I will miss this scent. Adorable bottle too.

I loved VS Noir Tease because it smells so similar, and I don't remember that making me sneeze. The flaw with that scent was that the pump would stop working.

on 3/17/2016 7:25:00 PM

Bought the rollerball at TJ Maxx after bypassing this perfume soooo many times. Because of the low price, I decided to smell it and I fell in love. Such a sweet feminine smell without being cloyingly sweet or sickening. So glad I picked this up as I was looking for a new perfume and never would have considered this one!

on 4/16/2015 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I hate perfumes. I really do. People always tell me what scents they like and I always find them too sweet or old smelling. I prefer cologne that's not too musky (obv) My favorite being Yves Saint Laurent Le Homme. Light, unisex, sensual. How I came to this scent is interesting. I had bought ulta smooth and protect conditioner and I loved the smell. Fast forward, I was in CVS and this woman was spraying a knock off scent and I was like WHAT IS THAT?! She said it was the Juicy knock off and I swore I smelled that scent before but I couldn't remember where. I had never smelled the real Juicy, I knew it was something else. Finally it dawns on me that it smells exactly like the conditioner. So now I'm starting to think, this perfume is nice. Like, I really like the smell. I finally tested the real thing and I just really like it. It's clean, young, flirty but not sickly sweet or overpowering in my opinion. I feel that scents have to match a person's chemistry and I just really love this one. I'd probably plunk down for the rollerball or something since I could get a discount at my store, or even the knock off since I don't care all that much (and it was clearly a good one). Also, a on the con side, this is extremely expensive. It smells great, but I think it's overpriced. I also think the packaging is a little tacky. But for me to like a girls perfume is a huge deal.

on 10/17/2014 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I heard so many people talking about this I finally had to try it.
Well I hate it. Seriously hate it. I cannot stand any part of this in anyway.
Very strong not appealing at all.
Headache in a bottle to me.

on 8/10/2014 11:04:00 PM

The Christmas of 2013 was the Christmas of Juicy at my house. It was originally a gift to my daughter from my mother in law. And of course all of the ladies had to pass it around and try it out. It's a very vibrant smell, not too heavy or in your face. It didn't scream I'm for kids or I'm for the mature crowd. It was such a hit that we all piled into the car and picked up gift sets at half price at the mall. Smelled as nice on my mother in law as it did myself and two others, as well as my little 13 year old.

on 7/11/2014 1:47:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I'm not great at perfume reviews but I wanted to review this. I've noticed as I'm getting older a lot of my old favourites don't smell the same on me anyone, I guess they change on me differently than when I was younger and now I don't like the scent. This is a new issue for me and I hate it. This did not change at all on me, the scent stayed almost exactly the same as in the bottle and I love it. Fresh, fruity but not too much. It's long lasting and I get a lot of compliments on it. Glad I finally found something that don't turn sour on me. Would repurchase.

on 3/3/2014 3:25:00 PM

I know everyone says 'not an original scent' blah blah blah. But I really enjoy this product. It is sweet and fresh and lasts a long time.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This is a sweet, fruity, creamy praline scent I wear for kicks, when I want a slice of teen Americana. I'm in my early 30s but did get ID'd when buying booze some weeks ago, so it's not like this sits particularly weirdly with my look. I don't feel like it's inappropriate, but it still feels like putting on a costume for me, rather than something that expresses my soul in any way.
Saying that, I've come to near adore this scent. It's tasty, smooth but also perfumey, which should be an insult, but in this case isn't. This pseudo-cheapness (it's not actually very cheap) is part of its artistry, really. Viva la Juicy is worn by teens so should appear somewhat accessible.
Whilst I don't think this is a rare scent in the UK (could hardly be, since it's sold in all major department stores), I've never smelled it on anyone else. Then again, I don't hang around university discos or nightclubs. I have some young friends and none of them would think to wear this, perhaps because of the slightly tacky, mainstream profile of the brand. I don't mean that in a derogative way - I think it's part of Juicy Couture's sense of humour.
In the same bag as: Twilight Woods by Bath & Body Works, Ralph Lauren Hot, Prada Candy.