MAC So Scarlet

MAC So Scarlet
So Scarlet

4.2

on 3/3/2012 10:33:00 PM

So Scarlet is a dead sexy, deep blue-red. I wouldn't describe it as a berry red- it's not pink enough, and it doesn't have the slight brown undertone most burgundy lipsticks have. I love wearing it in winter when my skin is super pale, but I think this color would look great on anyone.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

(C5/NC42 for reference) I've been on a red kick lately. So I've tried this, Ruby Woo, Dubonnet, Red Hot (which looks like a SATIN Russian Red), Brave Red, MAC Red, Lady Bug & Russian Red. Guess which one is my favorite. LOL! I am so in love with So Scarlet. It looks the way I expected Dubonnet to. Ruby Woo is my HG pin-up red, but I think that So Scarlet may be my HG red PERIOD. Although, I have to mention that it's not a TRUE red. It's more of a berry red. All of the pics that I've seen online just don't do it justice. This is definitely a lippie that you HAVE to see in person to really appreciate how gorgeous it is. FYI, in the tube it's looks darker & brownish. I received mine in a swap. So when I opened it, I thought to myself, "Why did I want this?" But when I tried it on, I fell in LOVE! I actually didn't even know that it's LE until today. Which makes me sad, because I would definitely repurchase. I really hope that it gets re-promoted before mine runs out.

To Read all 25 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/11/2010 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This wasn't what I expected. I thought it was going to be a vivid blue red, but it's actually a creamy berry colour. Still nice and I would definitely wear it (probably more than if it had been the true scarlet tone I was expecting) but I did have my heart set on something serious red.

I have it on now and it's already drying my lips after 5 min, so lipbalm is def a must.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

So Scarlet is a dark berry-red on me (NC44). I love it paired with a very neutral eye! Gorgeous!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

The texture of this lipstick is much like the texture of all the other MAC lipsticks I encountered; creamy, buttery-smooth, moisturizing and easy to glide on. However, the color was a little too dark for my liking and made my look a little vampish. However, I could easily see other ladies with darker skin pulling this off quite nicely. It also stays put for the entire day.

on 1/3/2010 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

LOOOOVE this lip color! I have a ton of red lipsticks, most by MAC, and this is far and away my fave. It's bright yet deep and rich, with no orange-y undertones. Whether dressed up or just wearing a pair of jeans, this lipstick makes it all look chic. Yes, it's a tad drying, but I'll deal with it,

It's a bold dark red in the tube but it transfers on the lips into a deep raspberry color. Not what I was expecting. Also I think it's pretty drying on the lips (Amplified).

This was my second red lipstick, this is such a great deep whine type red, I just love it. it is an amplified creme, very prigmented. Is a little drying as most red lipsticks are. It is the perfect lipstick for evening looks or if your a crazy like me any time wear. I just wish it wasn't limited or that there was a color really close to it.

on 4/11/2009 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Finally .. the search for a "HG" red lippie has come to a screeching hault. So Scarlet was limited edition (of course .. most MAC is!!) and it IS So Scarlet! This is a gorgeous red that just brightens my face. I love wearing this with something more simple like Electra or Silver Fog on my eyes .. fling on some black liner, a slight touch of Mocha blush and voila .. classic retro glam! So Scarlet applies very smoothly, has the classic MAC Vanilla scent and makes my teeth look *white*. A definite gem in my lipstick arsenal!

on 10/8/2008 10:29:00 PM

i adore this shade. i was a bit nervous to try out such a dramatic shade with my fair skin and auburn hair.. but the color makes my brown eyes pop (sounds strange, i know..but it's true!) and really brings out the color of my hair as well. i love love love this shade.

Popular Lipsticks