Joico Moisturizer Intensive Moisture Treatment

No Image

3.9

on 9/18/2008 10:36:00 PM

I have thick/dry/coarse/damaged shoulder length hair and I really found this to be a great hair mask. I haven't found a better one on the market...leaves my hair silky soft and it styles so much better afterwards. I use once a week, and will always because it works great for me!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've tried this, the Daily Care Balancing, and the KPak Daily Conditioner. I think this is the heaviest on my hair, however, I found it a little stiff. I suspect the petroleum contributed to it - I found it was difficult to work into my hair, and after it was dry, it seemed to continue to dry out. This also really burned my ears and I had to wash it off. But I'm strange.

I am a huge fan of the K-Pak Reconstructer so I figured I'd try this as well. I am the first to admit that my hair is damaged (hence the need for a reconstructer and/or moisturizer) but this product seemed to make it feel worse! My hair felt more dry after use and I suspect the trace amount of protein is the culprit. Using this product after the Reconstructor could result in protein overload and using the product alone without following up with an actual moisturizing treatment could make hair feel dry. I will probably toss this product since it's neither here nor there (not enough protein to be a reconstructor and too much protein to be a moisture deep treatment). Phooey!

There are 3 products I won't live without: Skin musk, vaseline, and JOICO intensive moisture treatment. I have had dry, frizzy hair since the day I was born, and now that I'm covering grays with permanent color, it's even worse. I've spent thousands looking for a conditioning treatment to tame my hair, and I FOUND it in this product a month ago. I use it every day, leaving it on for 5 minutes in the shower, and I'm left with manageable, SHINY hair. Everyone has noticed the change. I'll need advance warning if this product is ever taken off the market, because I'd want to buy up every available remaining drop of my HG.

on 6/12/2007 12:08:00 PM

I've had a giant bottle of this forever. I have long unprocessed Asian hair so this is my deep conditioner, as I don't need too much help. It always restores my hair if I've been messing around with it too much or using stripping shampoos. It's a decent to good conditioner, but I probably won't repurchase b/c I feel like there have to be better products on the market by now (my bottle is seriously like 8 years old) and it was kind of pricey. The banana scent is okay -- certainly not as yummy as you would think "banana" would smell.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Not as good as the reconstructor, but decent enough conditioning. I had a sample packet of this, and not only did it smell good, it left my hair feeling silky. Left in on for 3 minutes flat as directed. My hair appeared shiny and soft. Not sure if I would purchase a whole tube, but performs ok.

on 3/12/2007 4:45:00 PM

Not so good product. Makes my hair maybe a little bit softer, but nothing special actually.

This is a great product and does what it promises. I got it for $9.99 canadian at a salon due to its old packaging. After using this product my hair has some of its natural oils back. Moreover, the first time I used it, i squeezed to much and realized that you only need a small amount of this.

I got this for a great bargain at our local outlet drugstore, so I didn't pay full price--but I would! I used this yesterday, and my fine hair was swingy, soft, and shiny, and I swear the split ends were less noticeable! Now thats a conditioner! This will be my HG of conditioners. I have to be careful using creamier ones as they tend to make me look greasy or weigh my hair down. This did not do that AT ALL. I'm on my way to by more today at the great price I found it at!

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I love this conditoner. I have very fragile, fine, dry, kiny hair that breaks easily. I've only used it twice and can already see the difference. It doesn't leave my hair dry and is the perfect combination of protein and moisture. I use it once a week with no problems.