Sephora Sephora by OPI - I'm With Brad

Sephora  Sephora by OPI - I'm With Brad
Enter Title

4.4

on 5/8/2017 12:07:00 PM

I rarely would use a nail polish color more than a few times before getting tired of it. This is one of the very few colors I have used up a bottle and had to go out looking for more, so I guess it is time to review :). This is a sophisticated, vampy, goes with everything color. It can look both edgy and classy. The color is so flattering with my medium olive skin. I get very pale and sallow in the winter and this color suits me then. Even though first instinct might be 'Fall' with colors like this, it is absolutely stunning with bronzed skin and shines beautifully in the summer sun, against bronzed skin. It can really go for all seasons. I did end up getting the Sinful dupe (I've been incredibly impressed with the few Sinful polishes I have tried so far). The colors are almost identical and the Sinful formula is smooth and easy to apply. So if you can't find this, the dupe is also excellent.

on 7/26/2014 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I was disappointed w/ this color because it looks brown-black on my nails -- not the deep burgundy that I thought it would be when I saw the bottle. The formula and application are fine but the shade wasn't what I expected.

It's good as a softer alternative to straight black, maybe a good 'late summer black' (for me... but I go dramatic a lot of the time).

I only have a mini of this, so I took lippies/points off for packaging, b/c OPI minis, or SOPI minis, are not terribly easy for me to handle. This colour is gorgeous; while it seems like a darkened red in the bottle, it's actually a reddened brown, and it displays its complexity depending on what kind of light you're under. I only wish the formula was good. It was rather thin and streaky, and pair that with the super tiny and thin mini brush, and it left me frustrated.

And it not so much chips quickly, but slowly wears away from the tips and around the border of your nails.

I told a friend of mine (named Brad) about this polish so he could get it for his wife, and he surprised me with a mini of it. I think I'd be mad if I had actually purchased this (at full price), but this colour just totally wins me over, so I can't be too angry at it.

on 8/30/2012 4:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I first stumbled upon "I'm With Brad" when I bought the OPI mini nail polish kit. I tried every colour that was there, and then I noticed that I ended up painting my nails with this colour more often than any other one. The issue with the little nail polishes, is that it dries up really quickly. So, out of that entire kit, I ended up only buying this colour in its full size.

What I like about this colour is that it's my replacement for black. Sometimes, I feel in the mood to have a dark shade on my nails and I find that black is too overwhelming. So, when I use "I'm With Brad" the burgundy-brown colour with the reddish flecks seems to be the ideal candidate for darker months or just times I feel like I want a dark manicure.

My only gripe is the brush. It's annoyingly thin. But I'll ignore that for the colour.

on 4/23/2012 12:05:00 PM

This color is much more interesting in the bottle than on my nails. When you look at the bottle, it looks like a dark burgundy with both plum and cocoa tones, but once I applied it, it looks somewhat dull and boring, and a lot darker than I thought it would.

on 12/2/2011 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I bought this in the summer & never got around to wearing it until now.

It's super super dark on my pale complexion (hands at least) but in the sun (which I'm not getting much of lately) it shows off its beautiful rich deep maroon shimmer. Indoors it looks like a blackened dark dark brown. I do like it as a goth-y neutral.

It's a pretty polish, but not as spectacular as when I first tested it in a Sephora store (under bright spotlights of course) & I've since acquired a whole bunch more of similar browns, blacks, & shimmers that knock my socks off better than this shade. So I won't buy this again, but I do recommend it for ppl who like black-type nailpolishes. It also makes a great dark base for layering other manicure effects on top (glitter, sheer shimmers, etc).

The formula is smooth & rich, but I hate the skinny brush.

on 11/10/2011 5:47:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

I'm with Brad is a lovely color, a dark burgundy/brown that's almost black. I like darker shades in the winter but don't like the look of actual black on my nails, especially at work. This is a shade that's great for filling that gap.

One downside: I've usually found Sephora by OPI products to be long-lasting, but this polish is an exception. It chips within a few days.

on 10/2/2011 7:58:00 PM

I like this polish a LOT, the color is gorgeous and the quality is also very good, however I recently discovered Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro in Lava Red, which is one third the price ($3.98 vs. $12) and looks IDENTICAL, I literally cannot tell the two apart on my nails. From now on, I will be going with the cheaper alternative.

Coffee brown with red shimmer. One of my favorite polishes of all time, and definitely my favorite vamp. Two coats and you're good.

on 8/10/2011 2:21:00 PM

Loved the color of this polish in the store (a deep brown-red with metallic flecks), but had to put about 4 coats of it on so the color would show up. This does go on very streaky and also doesn't last as well as I had hoped. I won't be buying this brand of nail polish again, I will stick with longer-wearing types.

Popular Polishes