Anessa Perfect UV Sunscreen EX SPF50+ PA+++

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Anessa Perfect UV Sunscreen EX SPF50+ PA+++
Perfect UV Sunscreen EX SPF50+ PA+++Perfect UV Sunscreen EX SPF50+ PA+++

4.3

Original (gold bottle): Dimethicone, Water, Alcohol, Zinc Oxide, Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Isopropyl Myristat, Talc, Isododecane, Octocrylene, POLYBUTYLENE GLYCOL/PPG-9 Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Titanium Dioxide, Glycerin, Diisopropyl sebacate, VINYL DIMETHICONE/ METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, Dextrin palmitate, Xylitol, Bis-ethylhexyloxyphenol methoxyphenyl triazine, PEG/PPG-14/7 dimethyl ether, Sodium chloride, Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Angelica Acutiloba Root Extract, Thymus Serpillum Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Curcuma Longa Root Extract, Isostearic Acid, Aluminum hydroxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Distearyldimonium chloride, Trisodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, BHT, Sodium Metabisulfite, FragranceMild, for sensitive skin (light gold bottle): Cyclopentasiloxane, Zinc Oxide, Diisopropyl sebacate, Methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, Water, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Pentaerythrityl tetraethylhexanoate, Triethylhexanoin, Diethylhexyl succinate, Titanium Dioxide, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dextrin palmitate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Triazone, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Bis-ethylhexyloxyphenol methoxyphenyl triazine, PEG/PPG-14/7 dimethyl ether, Sodium chloride, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Angelica Acutiloba Root Extract, Rosa roxburghii extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Aluminum hydroxide, Stearyl Phosphate, Silica, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Pyrosulfite, Tocopherol

The Anessa perfect UV sunscreen aqua booster has SPF 50+ and PA++++, perfect for use under extreme condition (I have easily-tanned light skin, and after having been exposed to cloudless sunny days for half a month in that 39℃ summer, I got very minimum tan). It also pairs fairly nicely with makeup. Besides, its water-proof property is serious! This sunscreen has a strange formula. It is milky white liquid. It feels greasy on my combo-oily facial skin, but it manages to keep my natural oil at bay. So as the sunscreen gradually sets, you gets more matte - great for oily T-zone. However, if you re-apply through out the day, even if you have oily skin, even if you're in extremely hot summer, you'll feel bone dry on the face. And the sunscreen sets to a matte finish very quickly on my hand. Lastly, I suspect that Shiseido has changed the formula. The sunscreen used not to leave any white cast, but the new version leaves quite a strong white cast on my NC20-25 skin and the paleness takes more time to go away. It is also slightly greasier than before. Overall, it still feels more comfortable than the majority of sunscreen and it is something I'll keep repurchace. (Even if it is a really powerful sunscreen, I still don't understand why some people say "a little bit goes a long way". There's no such thing with sunscreen!)

on 1/1/2018 2:04:00 AM

Currently there are 2 main types of Anessa sunscreen, indicated by gold and silver packaging. The gold type (Perfect UV Sunscreen Aqua Booster) is “super waterproof” and has a silky, light finish. The silver type (Essence UV Sunscreen Aqua Booster) is “waterproof” and extra moisturizing with a dewier finish. Both gold and silver are supposed to come off easily with regular soap or face wash, and currently also come in mild and facial formulations as well. (The basic gold and silver types are OK for both face and body use)

If I could have only one sunscreen for the rest of my life, it would be the basic gold one. It comes out really oily and the first time I tried it I thought I had made a terrible mistake, but within a minute the oil completely sank into my skin and left a silky, smooth, natural finish that was neither too dewy nor too matte. It balances my combination skin, calming the oily areas and protecting the dry areas, and caused no breakouts or other negative reactions. My makeup goes on easily over it, and it seems like it has something of a pore-smoothing primer effect. I would recommend the gold type for normal weather, and/or oily to combination skin.

I’ve also tried the silver facial type. I bought it during the height of summer and it was much too moist at that time. It sat on top of my skin like a thick wall of glossy slime and even though it didn't cause any breakouts I hated the way it felt. Fast forward to December when the temperature dropped below freezing and there was no humidity in the air, and this thick rich silver sunscreen came into its own. It gently hugs my skin and shields it from the elements like the loving hands of angels. The finish is no longer shiny, it’s natural, and it stays balanced all day long. The silver type is excellent for extremely dry weather and/or dry skin.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

If you travel to japan, I think you have to pick this product, you can find it in any matsumoto kiyoshi store

I use the one with golden bottle

This is a lightweight sunscreen, doesn't cause any breakout, doesn't leave any whitecast, and oil free

i think it's perfect for any skin type
So pricy but it worth the money and worth its holly grail status as one of the best sunscreen, no wonder people loves it.

Sadly, it’s not available in my country :(

on 7/1/2015 4:28:00 AM

i have this one in its latest packaging, though not sure if it changed or not. this is a really good sunscreen to use for everyday life, it is thin milky fluid and i really love the fluid texture of foundations and sunscreens lately bc i like the lightweight feel in the daytime. this goes on really well under makeup, also its really good by itself, as it dries to a matte finish with no greasy feel during the course of the day, i have combo oily skin in summer so I really appreciate this. only thing i dont like is price bc it is expensive and also quite hard to find.

Pros:
+ Waterproof
+ Absord quickly
+ Not drying
+ Does not cause breakouts
+ Can be used as primer
+ Suitable for both dry & oily skin

Cons:
+ None

on 10/21/2014 12:35:00 PM

This is a very expensive sunscreen so I only reserve it for face use. I've use this sunscreen all year round and I've tried it over and under makeup up and I love it. The sunscreen it self is of a very liquidy texture and requires shaking before use.The product feels light on the skin and absorbs into the skin making application of other face products un-effected in application. The product is dispensed through a dropper like head and I find that helps me control how much product I use. Typically I use nine drops per use, dividing up my face into a imaginary 3 by 3 grid. Definitely will repurchase.

on 7/22/2013 1:48:00 PM

I have really fallen in love with this sunscreen. The moment I applied it and saw the silky matte finish I was stunned that not only was my face not shiny, but it was also well protected.

This has a PA++++ rating (which is why I bought it in the first place) so I think it is the latest version of this product available. I had no idea that it would change the way I look at sunscreens.

I am trying out several different ones at the moment (PTR Sheer, Skinceuticals, Replenix, EltaMD etc etc), and all do not compare in the slightest to Anessa Perfect SPF 50. I have combination skin, which a lot of dryness on my cheeks but really oily nose and chin. I also have dark spots on my forehead and freckles all over. I don't break out from this at all which is fantastic!

When I apply foundation over it, my foundation stays matte and lasts a whole lot longer. I can't stand shine on my face which unfortunately is what I seem to get when I use other sunscreens. But Perfect SPF50 mattifies instantly.

I shake the bottle well, pour out a little onto the back of my hand and apply it to my face in sections, pouring out a little more when necessary. It absorbs instantly and even blurs my fine lines. I can build up layers without it looking cakey or balling up on my skin.

I will continue to try out other sunscreens until I have used up all the ones I bought, but this is a keeper and will probably replace all other sunscreens permanently. I bought a mini size just to try but I will definitely buy the full size next time (price is no issue when you find something as good as this!)

I wrote this review a few days ago for the Shiseido Anessa Perfect UV AA sunscreen. Then i realised i'm not sure if the one i bought is actually the EX sunscreen, I think it is cos i bought the latest version from Narita Airport, I know it's the latest version as it's PA++++, unlike all the older Shiseido sunscreens which are only PA+++ .
The reason it's confusing is 'cause I can't read the Japanese words on the packaging.

Anyway I copied and pasted my review:

I came across this sunscreen at a store in Narita Airport, while in transit.
I don't usually write product reviews, but this sunscreen is just so good that it would be selfish to not write a review! Btw the one I bought was the latest formulation, which is PA++++!

Most sunscreens bother me so much, as the powerful ones (la roche posay, blue lizard etc) tend to leave a whitish tint on my face, and since i often don't apply makeup over, i just end up looking paler.

This Anessa sunscreen is not only powerful (i repeat PA++++), but it also almost Disappears into skin, just leaving it slightly more matte. Some people will like the matte look, some won't, but it's way better than having a white-cast on your face! So if u don't apply makeup after putting on this sunscreen, your skin will still look fine.

It doesn't cause skin problems at all, even though often I'm so lazy that i don't wash it off before bed. And I have not gotten the slightest tan or burn over the past week that I've used this sunscreen.
The price is not cheap, but it's worth it i think.

I will definitely order this online. And buy it whenever I'm stopping over in Narita airport. =)

on 6/6/2013 5:00:00 AM

This is similar to a lot of Japanese sunscreens in the packaging and consistency. As with most of these, shake it up first, then squeeze it out... Be careful because it comes out runnier that you may expect. I usually squeeze enough out for one cheek, apply, then the other, apply, and so forth, because it does absorb pretty quickly and mattifies nicely. (This is the difference between Anessa & other similar sunscreens... Usually they do not absorb nearly so quickly and do not have such a matte finish.) This is a great foundation for makeup, so you really don't need a primer with this if you don't want to. (And if you think about not having to buy primer, then the value is actually a lot better as it can be a 2-in-1.) As with all sunscreens, you have to make sure to re-apply throughout the day if you're out for a while... I've made that mistake and where I sweat by my hairline, I did get a bit pink.

on 11/17/2010 12:28:00 AM

Someone recommended this to me and I was very hesitant given the high price. When I tried it at the counter, it was surprisingly light for the SPF factor of 50! Best it was non greasy. So I went ahead and made the purchase. I use it everyday and I think it will last a long time!