Anessa Perfect UV Sunscreen EX SPF50+ PA+++

Anessa Perfect UV Sunscreen EX SPF50+ PA+++
Perfect UV Sunscreen EX SPF50+ PA+++Perfect UV Sunscreen EX SPF50+ PA+++

4.4

Active ingredients: Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate 7.494 Zinc Oxide 8.360 Octocrylene 3.000 Polysilicone-15 3.000 Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl hexyl benzoate 1.000 Bis-ethylhexyloxyphenol methoxyphenyl triazine 0.500 Inactive ingredients: Cyclomethicone, water, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, zinc oxide, alcohol, dimethicone, ethylhexylpalmitate, talc, isododecane, polymethylsilsesquioxane, octocrylene, polysilicone-15, titanium dioxide, polybutylene glycol/PPG-9/1 copolymer, trimethylsiloxysilicate, methyl gluceth-10, diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl hexyl benzoate, nis-ethylhexyloxyphenol methoxyphenyl triazine, C9-15 flouroalcohol phosphate, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, gentiana urnula flower extract, sodium hyaluronate, thymus serpillum extract, potentilla erecta root extract, PEG-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, cyclopentasiloxane, acrylates/ dimethicone copolymer, isostearic acid, sodium acryloyldimethyltaurate/ methyacrylamindolauric acid copolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, alumina, butylene glycol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, trisodium EDTA, BHT, phenoxyethanol, fragrance

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This sunscreen has been number 1 very hyped Asian sunscreen for many years. It recently became available in two two different versions.
Golden bottle (product preview or third picture) - Anessa Perfect UV Sunscreen Aqua Booster SPF50+ PA++++
Light gold bottle (second picture) - Anessa Perfect UV Sunscreen Aqua Booster Mild SPF50+ PA++++
The difference between two is huge, mild one formulated for a sensitive skins, doesn't have alcohol, mineral oils, fragrance or preservatives among ingredients. Original formula is super waterproof.

Here are the ingredients lists:
Original (gold bottle): Dimethicone, Water, Alcohol, Zinc Oxide, Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Isopropyl Myristat, Talc, Isododecane, Octocrylene, POLYBUTYLENE GLYCOL/PPG-9 Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Titanium Dioxide, Glycerin, Diisopropyl sebacate, VINYL DIMETHICONE/ METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER, Dextrin palmitate, Xylitol, Bis-ethylhexyloxyphenol methoxyphenyl triazine, PEG/PPG-14/7 dimethyl ether, Sodium chloride, Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Angelica Acutiloba Root Extract, Thymus Serpillum Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Curcuma Longa Root Extract, Isostearic Acid, Aluminum hydroxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Distearyldimonium chloride, Trisodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, BHT, Sodium Metabisulfite, Fragrance

Mild, for sensitive skin (light gold bottle): Cyclopentasiloxane, Zinc Oxide, Diisopropyl sebacate, Methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, Water, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Pentaerythrityl tetraethylhexanoate, Triethylhexanoin, Diethylhexyl succinate, Titanium Dioxide, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dextrin palmitate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Triazone, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Bis-ethylhexyloxyphenol methoxyphenyl triazine, PEG/PPG-14/7 dimethyl ether, Sodium chloride, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Angelica Acutiloba Root Extract, Rosa roxburghii extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Aluminum hydroxide, Stearyl Phosphate, Silica, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Pyrosulfite, Tocopherol

Like an idiot, I've managed to check an English version of the ingredients list for a Mild formula but bought an original one.
It's very watery, a pleasure to apply, and it doesn't leave a white cast. It's 80 min water resistant and easy to reapply. It will remove any shine from the face.
I have sensitive dehydrated skin and high alcohol content from the original formula badly dried it out till the deepest layers (at least that how it feels). I'm very sensitive to Isopropyl Myristate, so now I have clogged pores and pimples.
I think it's an amazing product for people with an oily non-sensitive skin, but I will purchase a sensitive skin version and review it later.
For now, I can't give it more than 3 stars.

UPDATE: Sensitive skin version - Anessa Perfect UV Sunscreen Aqua Booster Mild SPF50+ PA++++
WOW! My search for a facial sunscreen is over. I used it daily for a month now, so I feel confident to write an update.
- the mild version is a bit thicker than the original formula, but there is also no white cast;
- it's non-drying, even if used without moisturizer underneath;
- no oily residue whatsoever if I use it without moisturizer underneath;
- no clogged pores;
- no irritation.
AMAZING product! HG! Must have from now on.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

If you travel to japan, I think you have to pick this product, you can find it in any matsumoto kiyoshi store

I use the one with golden bottle

This is a lightweight sunscreen, doesn't cause any breakout, doesn't leave any whitecast, and oil free

i think it's perfect for any skin type
So pricy but it worth the money and worth its holly grail status as one of the best sunscreen, no wonder people loves it.

Sadly, it’s not available in my country :(

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I heard about this sunscreen from Bois de Jasmin's blog earlier this summer. Anessa Perfect UV is a great sunscreen, albeit a bit pricey compared to other Japanese sunscreens. It has a runny consistency and needs to be shaken properly before application. Dries to a matte, comfortable finish and stays on all day until removal. I double-cleanse with Clinique's Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm followed by either Cerave hydrating or foaming cleanser to make sure it is properly removed, and have had no problems.

I'm in Canada and purchased a bottle from eBay for about $16. Shipping was fast (within a week or so) because the bottle is tiny (25ml) and the package came via air mail.

NOTE: I also purchased Biore UV Perfect Face Milk (30ml) and both are comparable in consistency and matte-finish.

The Biore is half the price of the Anessa, so in the future, I will likely stick with repurchasing the Biore instead.

Overall, a great sunscreen, though pricey compared to other Japanese brands with the same consistency and matte finish.

on 7/1/2015 4:28:00 AM

i have this one in its latest packaging, though not sure if it changed or not. this is a really good sunscreen to use for everyday life, it is thin milky fluid and i really love the fluid texture of foundations and sunscreens lately bc i like the lightweight feel in the daytime. this goes on really well under makeup, also its really good by itself, as it dries to a matte finish with no greasy feel during the course of the day, i have combo oily skin in summer so I really appreciate this. only thing i dont like is price bc it is expensive and also quite hard to find.

on 10/21/2014 12:35:00 PM

This is a very expensive sunscreen so I only reserve it for face use. I've use this sunscreen all year round and I've tried it over and under makeup up and I love it. The sunscreen it self is of a very liquidy texture and requires shaking before use.The product feels light on the skin and absorbs into the skin making application of other face products un-effected in application. The product is dispensed through a dropper like head and I find that helps me control how much product I use. Typically I use nine drops per use, dividing up my face into a imaginary 3 by 3 grid. Definitely will repurchase.

Pros:
+ Waterproof
+ Absord quickly
+ Not drying
+ Does not cause breakouts
+ Can be used as primer
+ Suitable for both dry & oily skin

Cons:
+ None

on 7/26/2013 9:37:00 AM

This review is for the 2013 version (PA++++, UV filters include ZO, Tinosorb S & Uvinul A Plus). This sunscreen, just as its predecessor, is the HG of sunscreens to me. The finish is absolutely unbeatable: a powdery, matte, barely there feeling, even if you apply the recommended 1/4 tsp several times a day.

This product doesn't ball up, doesn't cling to irregularities like beard stubbles (yes, a sunscreen savvy guy here), doesn't leave a white cast and can easily be applied without a mirror. Yes, it does contain a lot of alcohol, so might not be suited for people with very dry or sensitive skin. Also take care not to get this stuff in your eyes. Using a different, alcohol free sunscreen for your eye area might be a good idea. If this sunscreen is too drying or irritating for you, try Anesse Perfect Essence, which is more moisturising and seems to contain less alcohol. It has a less matte finish than Perfect UV though and also seems to be less resistant to sweating/rubbing.

For my normal/dry, not acne-prone skin, this sunscreen is amazing. It's the only highly protective sunscreen that I can use over and over again, without people asking if I'm hot/sweating (because of shine) or sick (because of white cast). Even though I'm on tretinoin, this product doesn't sting when applied.

Only small con: this new, more protective edition, is fragranced. Luckily, the scent is barely noticeable, nothing compared to the disgusting scent of many other Shiseido products.

Btw, I order my Anessa sunscreens at http://ichibanko.com: good prices, fast and kind service.

Anessa UV perfect PA++++ (the newest version) is the PERFECT sunscreen. It has a lovely milky, thin consistency and never balls up or is noticeable under make-up. Once on, it takes about 3-4 minutes to completely disappear into skin. I have tried sunscreens by Clinique and Avene which claim to do this, but they always feel sticky and noticeable on my skin. This is by far the easiest sunscreen I have ever used. It doesn't feel like sunscreen. It's unlike any UK or USA-made product I have ever tried and makes me think that the Japanese *really* know what they're doing when it comes to sunscreen. I'm sure loads more people would use sunscreen more regularly if they tried this stuff and realised that it doesn't have to be heavy, sticky, oily and time-consuming to wear (and the fact that it doesn't interfere with make-up is a definite plus).

I have worn this in mid-summer in Cyprus and never got sunburnt or a tan. I also love the fact it has excellent UVA protection as well as a high SPF. I've got through about 5 bottles of this stuff and I will definitely continue to buy it.

on 7/12/2014 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This is very expensive sunscreen. I like it better than my Neutrogena SPF70 ultra light. I cannot use the natural suncreen blockers due to allergies (Titanium Dioxide). Natural is not always safe; there are may natural items that are hazardous to your health.

It is very moisturizing glides on my skin doesn't make me greasy can is a great make up base.

I order off of EBAY, get it shipped right from Japan.

I use the other lower cost sunscreens on my neck, arms, etc.

I save this for my face neck ears only

Small package, fits right into your purse

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is my second Anessa sunscreen, and I bought it because my Shiseido perfect UV is running low. I thought that because the Anessa perfect essence is nice and decent on oily skin (it's meant for drier skin) the EX version would perform as nice :) and plus, it's totally sweat proof and waterproof undoubtedly. It would be perfect for someone living in a humid hot tropical country.

Like the perfect essence, it's been repackaged into the 2013 formula (PA +++ into PA ++++, now lightly fragranced, etc).

It has to be shaken to mix the formula and comes in the same squeeze tube like most of Shiseido sunscreens.

The consistency is very similar to the perfect essence. Whitish liquid with little air bubbles from the shaking. Where as the perfect UV is pinkish, this one is white. No strong fragrance even though it's lightly fragranced, sensitive skin users can use this.

One thing I noticed from this one is that it gives a matte finish, but it's not drying. The perfect UV is a bit drying on the eye area and cheekbones area if you apply too much. But this one is perfectly matte without drying even as you reapply thorughout the day! It gives a less powdery look compared to the perfect UV (Which makes your face looks so smooth it almost looked like you have just powdered your face) so it makes people believe you have a nice smooth make up free skin when you use it alone. Which is great for make up free face and everyday use :)

The other thing I noticed that this is totally waterproof! I swam for 1.5 hours and after I finished I see that there are no water droplets on my face! Perfect for outdoor and watersport activities :) be sure to use oil based remover to remove this

And of course, the most important thing is that this doesn't make me break out. I love this! Probably even better than the perfect UV which I claim to be my HG.

I got mine for 33 $ + shipping from ebay.com for 60 mL/2 fl.oz.

Overall, I would recommend this for any skin type, especially oily (and a bit flaky) skin type, because the formula is matte finish but not drying. And for those who wants to find a good waterproof and sweatproof sunscreen. For oilier skintype, I'd recommend the perfect UV