Dermablend Cover Creme (new formula)

Dermablend Cover Creme (new formula)

3.6

Honestly, I am not impressed with this foundation. I bought it to cover up some major redness on my face, and while it did significantly reduce the redness, it did not cover it completely. I get better coverage using Vichy Dermablend Corrective foundation or Dermacolor Camouflage cream. So for me, the foundation was not worth it.

on 12/22/2016 2:19:00 AM

I love Dermablend and all their products. I come back to this foundation again and again, because it covers all my redness from rosacea and doesn't emphasize flaky skin from my SD. Love it. My skin is doing a bit better these days, so I mainly use this as a concealer for my redness. A thin layer is all I need.

There are some complaints about the product being too thick and cakey - you're supposed to let it completely warm up on the back of your hand before using, otherwise it is easy to apply too much - any full coverage foundation applied too much will look cakey. The product should warm up to a thin, creamy consistency. And apply in very thin layers at a time.

PROS:
- covers anything and everything (full coverage)
- very natural coverage
- it wears well throughout the day and lasts as advertised
- small and portable
- comes with a spatula for sanitary reasons
- this thing will last forever

CONS:
- needs time to warm up on your hand, so not the best if you're in a hurry
- I need oil control during warmer weather

on 3/29/2016 5:58:00 PM

I bought this in hopes of covering up acne scars and a birthmark that is on my neck. I would apply it with a beauty blender, and within the hour it would start to break down and break apart on my face. horrible for someone with acne prone skin! It felt very sticky and tacky on my face, it never really sunk into my skin like a foundation is supposed to do, I couldn't get it to blend. the selection of shades are nice, but it definitely did not live up to my expectations.

on 10/8/2015 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've been on the hunt for a full coverage foudation. After watching several you tubers rave about it, I decided to check it out. I went out to Macy and was color match to Olive brown. The foudation comes in a jar and little spatula so you are able to scoop product out. You warm up on back of your hand. On first Inspection: Omg super pretty! I had a glow.Full coverage everything I want in a foudation.
First day back to work, Primed my face, I applied with a morphe 438 buffing brush then set with Smash Box Photo filter powder at 10:00am. By the time I made it to work at 11:30. I was soooo oily. My face was shinning. Not in a good way.
The next day I tried Mac Mineralize skin finish natural. Same thing super oily. Foundation started to break down. So I thought to myself maybe I need to purchase the Dermablend setting powder. So back to Macy I go. I purchase the setting powder in Warm Saffron. Put my makeup on set with the warm saffron powder. SAME THING! SUPER OILY..Foundation starts breaking down after just a couple of hours. My job can be hectic at times and this foudation did not hold up well. I have oily skin so i know I have to blot and touch up but usually it's after about 5 hours not an hour maybe two.I will be returning both items. Did not work for me

Pros: Full Coverage, Photographs Great, Great color range

Cons: Packaging, Wearability, Durability

My skintone reference:
Kat Von D: Deep 66
Mac Studio Fix: Nw 43

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this after suffering severe burns on my upperlip after waxing. I was left with dark alms or black scabs. Got this and while it didn't cover the darkness completely it did an awesome job covering any flaws and toned down the dark burn scabs! I have oily skin so after using this, it turned dewy almost greasy looking on my cheeks and on my forehead. I am extremely oily, literally get asked if I'm sweating because I'm so oily. So if you're this oily you may want to find a perfecting routine to use this. Otherwise, Clinique matte oil free foundation works great just not as full coverage. I also didn't get the right shade in the Dermablend and it still worked great. Also, I have extremely sensitive skin, seriously, even cetaphil and cerave products irritate my skin to some degree and this didn't give me any kind of itch or gross feeling. I did sweat a lot in this makeup and while it made me more oily, it still didn't bother my skin like every single other foundation has. It didn't last the full 12 hrs, but it lasted about 8 which is all I needed to get through my shift at the hospital! Great product, little too oily for me.

on 4/19/2015 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

great Coverage...looks like skin...not make up...flawless!

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I love this cover creme. However, I think the key to success is your skin care routine. Since this is full coverage, you must/should take care of your skin to avoid settling in lines, wrinkles and crinkles. Exfoliate and moisturize. Makeup cannot hide dry flaky skin or lines and wrinkles. Also, apply the cover creme as suggested by the company: scoop a small amount and warm it up on the back of your hand. Use a finger to pat it on troubled areas or use a foundation brush to pat it on your entire face. If you are older, use a finely milled setting powder to avoid a hot mess on your face. Do not expect a $5 powder to look good on your face if you are over the age of 40. I am using Dermablend's setting powder or Fashion Fair's oil free setting powder to set my makeup and my face looks great 12 hours later. Dermablend is a professional product so you must prep your skin prior to application. My skin looks flawless when I wear it and I am covering a face full of acne scars. Sometimes I hate to take off the cover creme because I don't want to see my acne scars but skin care is a must.

Also, you may have to use a color corrector in addition to the cover creme if you have a red scar or some other colored issue. For example, to neutralize redness, use a green corrector. I use yellow to neutralize my brown acne scars. Dermablend is great but sometimes you may need to use a couple of products to eradicate whatever skin condition you are trying to camaflouge. Makeup is an art form based on the use of color so do not get caught up in finding "the one" product that will solve all of your skin concerns. This is especially true if there is a skin condition involved.

BTW, I wear Olive Brown in the cover creme and wear NC 45 in MAC. I use Carmel Beige as my highliter shade and Chocolate Brown to contour. I just purchased Kryolan Dermacolor Fixing Powder in P1 (translucent) to set and waterproof since I am experiencing hot flashes now. The Dermablend setting powder is water resistant but not waterproof.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

To start I found this product through relentless research. I have hyperpigmentation on my cheeks that I am really self conscious about. I mean, one can only be asked if someone punched me so many times! After being assured by sales reps online (including Nordstrom) that I would be completely covered by this product no problem, I splurged and bought the light kit. I should have gotten medium, that's my fault though. At 23, set weirdly around my eyes even though I primed. It did however cover my under eye circles. It covered pimples and.pimple scars nicely. When it came to my hyperpigmentation, absolutely nothing. I applied 4 flipping coats. It was devastating to say the least.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Best product if use correctly., in order to achieve full and flawless coverage you must warm it up between finger and finish with setting powder. I been using it for 2 years and I get so many compliment on my skin. If you have acne it is probably your hormone are unbalance, dairy cause acne I stop dairy and take hormone balance vitamin and trust me no more acne. and never go to bed with makeup.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was so disappointed in this product! It's a shame because the coverage is amazing , perfectly flawless. The bad part is that It gets blotchy and oily fast! It never really sets in . Transfers on all my clothes. I would never buy this again.