Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Lotion Exfoliant

Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Lotion Exfoliant

3.9

Not tested on animals

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol (thickener), Squalane (emollient), Glycerin (skin-identical ingredient), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate (thickeners), Salicylic Acid (beta hydroxy acid/exfoliant), Epilobium Angustifolium (Willowherb) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract (anti-irritant), Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Extract (antioxidant), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil (antioxidant plant oil), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil (non-volatile plant oil), Beta Glucan (antioxidant), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Panthenol (water-binding agent), Bisabolol (anti-irritant), Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate (emulsifier), Xanthan Gum (thickener), Sodium Citrate (pH adjuster), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Acacia Senegal Gum, Cyamopsis Tetragonoloba (Guar) Gum (thickeners), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Ethylhexyglycerin (skin conditioning agent), Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate (preservatives).

on 8/30/2016 3:31:00 PM

I'm surprised at some of these review. I love this product, however, I prefer the BHA 2% Gel over the Liquid. This is an Exfoliant so for those who's skin is drying out, note that it's best not to use other Exfoliant products. And, be sure to moisturize after applying. Also, don't use to much a little goes along way. Using to much will make your skin/face feel heavy & sticky. This product lasts along time so you get a lot for your money. I mix a little with my foundation makeup (when wearing makeup), and it helps my makeup go on smooth and nice. I've been using this product for many years. I recommend it highly. It's best to use product for a period of time, 6 weeks, or several months to see all the positive changes in your skin. If you use it only a couple times it's not a true testament of this product. Of course, I realize people are different so it could be that's it's not for everyone. I love the pump packaging too. I will continue to buy Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% Gel Exfoliant as long as it doesn't get discontinued, like so many products do. I get many compliments on my skin now. FYI: Another exceptional product is Paula's mascara, it's truly the best that I've ever used. I received one free with purchase during a promotional period, so I recommend that too.
Have a great day ladies :)

on 8/13/2016 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I'm 36 and I cannot get rid of blackheads on my nose and chin. I've been trying to get rid of them since my teen years. I tried this stuff every day once a day on the nose and chin for 3 months - nothing except a shiny nose because it is greasy. I would not repurchase or recommend this to anyone.

To Read all 1007 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/6/2016 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this. It was my last hope for nose blackheads. Unfortunately it did nothing to improve things and I think actually GAVE me wrinkles on my forehead where I previously had none. Pitching it.

Pros: Cleared up stubborn long-term acne, evened skin tone, radiant healthy skin, good sturdy packaging that is easy to dispense the correct amount.
Cons: Thick texture, doesn't wear well under makeup.

This product has done absolute wonders for my skin. I have been struggling with hormonal acne for about 9 years, and never found a product that made a significant difference. I've been using this product for 3 months now and my skin has not been this clear since I was in high school. I do get a zit every once in a while, but this is the first time in years where I can go a week or more with NONE. Even when I do get a zit it clears up at about 3X the speed it would in the past. This lotion does a great job evening out my skin texture. I used to have extremely combination skin with dry flaky skin on my cheeks and under my eyes, and a highly oily T-zone. Since I have been using this my skin has gotten more and more normal, as well as brightened. The only problem I have found with this is that it has a very thick texture that can be hard to spread and can do weird things under makeup. I just use it at night to avoid that issue.

I can not speak highly enough of this product. I'm 31, I'm starting to have the first signs of aging, ie. dry under eyes, enlarging pores, general change in skin's texture, IN combination with a 18 year off and on battle with hormonal acne(which has left me with lots of red marks)! yay!!! Let's hear it for problematic skin! haha...

anyway, the product...... I've been using it for about 2 months now, In the beginning, I used it morning and night, but started only using it at night for 2 reasons, 1, for me it doesn't work great under makeup, and 2. it's summertime and I know I'll be out in the sun more often and don't want to make my skin too sensitive. However, with only nightly application, my skin has improved by at least 80 percent., I still have a few little spots, but they heal quickly and never get very big. And while I mentioned that I don't like how it works under makeup, I will say it has helped soooo much with the texture of my skin, that my makeup looks so much better than it did before. I am so happy. I was getting to a point to where I was so embarrassed to face anyone. I was desperate to find a solution (I have tried just about everything, from natural to chemical to prescription) , I felt like my acne just made me appear dirty, greasy and the makeup I wore on top just made me look worse and dirtier. I wish I hadn't waited so long to try Paula'a products.

I just put in an order for more products as this has gone so well for me. If you have been doubting whether or not to try them, I can't recommend them enough. Plus you can also buy samples to try instead. Anyway, I'll leave a code for a discount as well, since I used another code by another user left here when I purchased mine. https://goo.gl/b7NLvH

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Seriously, this changed the texture of my skin. No, it FIXED the texture of my skin. I had such a bumpy surface. This exfoliant made my skin super smooth in such a short time. I've been using this for nearly a year now, and I can't get enough. I only use it once, at night. It's really thick and greasy. As for acne, it didn't really do anything that made me go wow, mostly just kept it at bay.

I read a lot of rave reviews for this on the skincare board, but I was not impressed. I bought this for clogged pores and at the time, folliculitis as well. I've had good experience with PC brand in the past, so I had high hopes. Thankfully, the product did not break me out or make my situation worse, but it didn't help me either. I know this is a great find for many on here, but didn't do anything for me :(

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It did not suit me ( dry skin ) but my sister's skin got soo much better , she was suffering from acne for a long time and this product helpeed her aloot , but it would be nice if it came with a pump or somthing ,The good thing is that they have samples for everything ,, here $10 off for your first order if you'd like to try https://goo.gl/qfTpOR 🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

PROS: My sensitive skin has never looked better. Pores are noticeably smaller & wrinkles look better. No perfumey fragrance. Did not bother my sensitive skin, either. It's so gentle that I even use it under my eyes to get rid of milia. Helps my pores stay unclogged. Still need moisturizer after this. CONS: Can ball up under my foundation (I use an spf, then primer, then foundation), so I use it at night before treatments like retinol. For $10 off your first purchase with Paula's Choice follow the link https://goo.gl/NnSUXT Discount applied at checkout.

I have a mild rosecea and heard this product was great for it. Well, I've used about half of it and I don't see any difference. Maybe I haven't used it long enough. I thought it was a bit oily... I can't use oily products since I have an oily face.