Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Lotion Exfoliant

Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Lotion Exfoliant

3.9

Not tested on animals

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol (thickener), Squalane (emollient), Glycerin (skin-identical ingredient), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate (thickeners), Salicylic Acid (beta hydroxy acid/exfoliant), Epilobium Angustifolium (Willowherb) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract (anti-irritant), Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Extract (antioxidant), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil (antioxidant plant oil), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil (non-volatile plant oil), Beta Glucan (antioxidant), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Panthenol (water-binding agent), Bisabolol (anti-irritant), Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate (emulsifier), Xanthan Gum (thickener), Sodium Citrate (pH adjuster), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Acacia Senegal Gum, Cyamopsis Tetragonoloba (Guar) Gum (thickeners), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Ethylhexyglycerin (skin conditioning agent), Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate (preservatives).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Seriously, this changed the texture of my skin. No, it FIXED the texture of my skin. I had such a bumpy surface. This exfoliant made my skin super smooth in such a short time. I've been using this for nearly a year now, and I can't get enough. I only use it once, at night. It's really thick and greasy. As for acne, it didn't really do anything that made me go wow, mostly just kept it at bay.

I read a lot of rave reviews for this on the skincare board, but I was not impressed. I bought this for clogged pores and at the time, folliculitis as well. I've had good experience with PC brand in the past, so I had high hopes. Thankfully, the product did not break me out or make my situation worse, but it didn't help me either. I know this is a great find for many on here, but didn't do anything for me :(

To Read all 1002 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It did not suit me ( dry skin ) but my sister's skin got soo much better , she was suffering from acne for a long time and this product helpeed her aloot , but it would be nice if it came with a pump or somthing ,The good thing is that they have samples for everything ,, here $10 off for your first order if you'd like to try https://goo.gl/qfTpOR 🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

PROS: My sensitive skin has never looked better. Pores are noticeably smaller & wrinkles look better. No perfumey fragrance. Did not bother my sensitive skin, either. It's so gentle that I even use it under my eyes to get rid of milia. Helps my pores stay unclogged. Still need moisturizer after this. CONS: Can ball up under my foundation (I use an spf, then primer, then foundation), so I use it at night before treatments like retinol. For $10 off your first purchase with Paula's Choice follow the link https://goo.gl/NnSUXT Discount applied at checkout.

I have a mild rosecea and heard this product was great for it. Well, I've used about half of it and I don't see any difference. Maybe I haven't used it long enough. I thought it was a bit oily... I can't use oily products since I have an oily face.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Amazing product. It really changed my skin. I'm fighting adult acne for 10 years. Sometime my face is fully clear but again in few weeks I get many pimples. I tried many acne products but most of them are very harsh. Even though they work on acne well, they made my skin dull and flakey. I has oily skin in past but usage of long term acne product made my skin dry and very dull. I started using this exfoliant lotion along with their skin balancing toner. This really changed the texture of my skin. My skin is very smooth and hydrated now. I initially purchased a sample size (1oz for $9). Initially I was using it twice a day but then I realized that was too much and I reduced that to once a day (night time). In summer I don't need a moisturizer after it. First few days of usage gave me few pimples but I read similar experience from other reviewer as well. So I keep using it. I no more pimples after 7 days. Now I used it every alternative day (as it is pick summer now). But this product is probably the best from Paula's choice among whatever I tried so far.

You can use following link to get a discount of $10 in paula's choice website for your first purchase:

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Works pretty good. Emerged blackheads and acne right on the stop. But I had to remove them. Only problem is I don't like the texture, it is very oily, and my dry face looks so shiny!!! My skin must be too sensitive for this product.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Works well to get rid of black heads. Such a great product and works within 10-20 days.
It's a bit harsh on sensitive skin though, so I only use it on the oilier parts of my face such as nose, chin etc. - it would probably make a mess on cheeks. And don't use pore strips when using the 2% BHA. Made me dry and flakey but well worth it

I like the fact that the lotion does not leave as much of a "residue" as the 2% solution, but I think this was too heavy for my combo/oily skin. I think it clogged my pores

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Have been using this for a few months now. I got a bunch of samples to try in all the PC 2% varieties, lotion, liquid, and gel. Had been using B.E.'s skin revver upper which is a 1% which I highly recommend as well. However, as I use the PC serum, I thought I would give this a shot. I love it. It is stronger than the B.E. I was using, so I only use this every other night and alternate with the 8% AHA gel. My skin looks great. My sons even started using it as well for their breakout prone skin. My 17 year old told me he likes this better than the BE lotion, and both have had a visible decline in their acne.