Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

3.0

Talc, Mica, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. May contain: Mica and Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Chrome Oxide Greens, Chrome Hydroxide Green, FD&C Red No.40 Al Lake, FD&C Yellow No.5 Al Lake, FD&C Blue No.1 Al Lake.

on 9/6/2015 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Another disappointment from coastal scents. This palette has major fallout, the colors are not pigmented ,and chalky. The colors swatch very sheer and you must tap your brush to remove excess product before applying to your eye. Whether you use a packing or a blending brush the shadows are terrible. Even if applied with a primer, a base, or a creamy eyeshadow stick these shapes do not apply well at all. The colors are horrible used wet or dry. I would never be purchased this product again. This is a very cheap product therefore you can not expect much for the low price.

on 2/5/2013 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Nice selection of colors. Some are matte and some are shimmery. All the colors you need in one palette. Some of the colors are chalky and are hard to work with, but thats just a few. I got this palette when I was a beginner with makeup. I use the dark brown next to the black on the bottom right to fill in my brows. nice pallete to have in your makeup collection. I would order again but I don't think I'll have to because they last a very long time.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I don't understand how this product recieves so many great reviews. For me the product was hardly visible on my lids. I tried using a variety of primers from UD, Too Faced, and MAC; however, that didn't help to intensive the colors. Yes, the colors are beautiful in the palette, but once it's applied to the lids its very subtle.

Also, it is chalky. If you read the ingredients of this product, research where it is made (China), and do a little research about the company, you should have a great idea why you should stay away from it.

on 11/13/2010 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I am reviewing the Metal Mania 88 Palette. I would buy a product like this again, just not from Coastal Scents. After reading the reviews and finding out they buy from China, I feel cheated. It also explains the quality of the product. At first, I was all happy with it, I even gave a review on their website of 4 stars. Now though, I am fed up with it. IMO, the colors are pretty but they are dusty. I guess that is what you refer to as "fall out". I have never had to shield my skin from eyeshadow using drugstore brands and this is the first brand that I have to do that with. The eyeshadow dust falls out all over my eyes and irritates them, and I end up having to clean my face off because it is all over my skin. It seems as if most of the eyeshadow is on my face, and not my eyes. Because of the fall out, the dust from the eyeshadows are getting into each others' pots. The pots fell out after the second day and I am paranoid to even hold the palette a certain way for fear my eyeshadows will fall out. I ended up gluing them back in with super glue but am waiting for the others to fall out as well. I would rather buy the same product from China or somewhere else for a cheaper price but I am upset with this. I feel as if it may be too expensive for its quality. In its defense, I will state that the selection of colors is vast. That's about the only good thing. The brushes are cheap as well. I don't use those.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I ONLY use this for my eyes! It's very high-pigmented and gorgeous. It stays on my eyes all day long. I have gotten so many compliments on my eye shadow colors. I have combo dry/oily but sensitive skin. I didn't break out and even if I'm sweating a little bit, it doesn't smear. MY FAVORITE!!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I really love this thing and use it every day! I have very sensitive eyes that get all red if I use certain eyeshadows (Happened to me with Elizabeth Arden shadows) and these don't irritate me at all! Some colors are really amazing and some aren't (the yellow could have been more pigmented) but it's easily fixed by using a white cream eyeshadow underneath to help bring out the colors more. Fall out is easy to clean off and just a little goes a long way. I don't know why some people say the pots come off but mine have stayed put just fine even if I turn it this way and that (I use the mirror on this thing a lot). The applicators are bad but I never use them anyway so it's all good.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

This Palette is OK, not all the colors give good pay off. I have the 88 shimmer.

on 10/31/2009 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

After recieving all three palettes the 88 palette, warm and ultra shimmer palettes as birthday presents, I have to say after trying them all I'm extremely impressed! both 88 and 88 ultra shimmer palettes has a wide range of colors that are extremely pigmented although there were some chalky shadows they were very few..when I used an eyeshadow primer, it worked like a charm. Many of the colours in the palette are comparable to some of MAC eye shadow colours..all in all, a great bang for your buck! I would recomend these palettes to perople new to make up, definately a bang for your buck.

on 10/28/2009 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Great eyeshadows! Does anyone knows who manufactures these? Coastal Scents does not make them, but who does?

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

this eyeshadow palette is really good if you are just starting to get into playing with more colors. but there are sooo many colors you will never use and people are so mesmerized with all the color ranges and never stop to think that they will never use a lot of the colors.... but if you DO use em, good for you.
many colors are nicely pigmented. many of the colors are chalky and dusty. it's definitely not QUALITY shadows.
i'm definitely investing in better eyeshadows that i will actually use more often!!