Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

4.3

Talc, Mica, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. May contain: Mica and Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Chrome Oxide Greens, Chrome Hydroxide Green, FD&C Red No.40 Al Lake, FD&C Yellow No.5 Al Lake, FD&C Blue No.1 Al Lake.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This Palette is Great! For a few years now I've been eyeing this, but I never got the chance to sit down in front of the computer to buy it hhaha. When I finally got it, I was surprised to see the palette wasn't too big. It was smaller than the size of a magazine. This is great for traveling since it's flat, lightweight, and has almost all the colors you would need for any occasion! This is a must have! It's pigments are great, and there are so many colors! I find myself not buying anymore eye shadows because all I need is in my cs palette. I highly recommend anyone getting this, and even if you don't find it as useful, 20 bucks isn't so bad. And as for amount of eyeshadow contained in this palette...there are so many colors to use I hardly find myself using just one, so I think it would be hard to run out.

on 11/11/2010 6:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

There was so much hype on yt about this palette that I simply had to get it, it's also my first palette so I was extra excited when I saw the package on my doorstep. The colors are vibrant and with so much to choose from, the possibilities are endless. However I don't catch myself reaching over for it very much :( I think it's great for people just starting off with makeup and want to test out what colors look best with their eyes/skin tone and for traveling. But if you already have a large collection of e/s then I would pass on this.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

So here's the thing...I've bought from both Bhcosmetics and coastal scents and the difference are noticable. When I got my package one of the little pots was already out...after realizing that I didn't want to go through the bull of sending it back, I just glued the sucka in. I used it and the pigments suck. Its really chalky and shimmer like someone blew chucks of glitter at my eyelid. Maybe its just the 88 shimmer palette or I got a bad batch but this one sucked. I gave it to my niece to play with

on 7/25/2010 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

i have two palettes of this...one for me...one for my clients...its very cheap....u can mix and use many colors...the texture and blending with these eyeshadows are okay...there is fall out sometimes...i can still blend colors without a problem...i can also use them wet....if u dont want to spend that much money on make up...u should buy this palette....coastal scents its pretty good to me...so far i never had a problem with them....shipping is fast...i get my order with regular standar shipping like in 2 to 3 days...

on 6/23/2010 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This product is really cheap. The smell of the makeup is really creepy. I really don't trust this product because I get the sense that this is cheaply made in some Chinese factory using god knows what ingredients. I'm really paranoid about the toxic scent that comes from it. My eyes are precious to me, more than any cheap makeup. I also saw this on youtube, and I am disappointed by those girls who didn't point out how chalky, toxic, and really unpigmented this stuff is. Go to a 99 cents store and buy some Loreal and Revlon. Way better stuff.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This review is for the Coastal Scents new 88 Metal Mania palette:
I gave it an overall rating of 5 because the colors it has are unlike all the other 88 palettes. The texture is buttery soft but what I was impressed with the most is the finish. It is indeed metallic like, but it's buildable, meaning that if one day all I want is a soft metallic finish I can easily achieve but if I want an all out metallic finish, then all I have to do is apply a first coat dry, and the second coat wet. The colors are not crazy colors but everyday wearable color. Its almost like the 88 warm palette gone metallic with a twist. I would definitely purchase it again! LuVs iTT :-)

on 4/9/2010 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I hate the packaging. The hinge broke on me after a few days. The product itself is pretty chalky compared to higher end makeup. When I started out with makeup, I thought this was pretty good. You will need a eye primer for this. I use the Two Face Shadow Insurance. But then after a while, I graduated to more well known brands. Please note, well known doesn't always mean expensive. I recently tossed this palette since it was just sitting in my drawer collecting dust. I am also unsure about the source of this makeup. I prefer more well known brands just for security in the ingredients and process of making the product. I have no clue behind this makeup line. I bought this since a friend was so excited about it. For the price, I think its pretty cheap, but I will not repurchase.

on 2/1/2010 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is an amazing palette. It includes matte, satin, and some shimmer finish shadows. Some of the colors are a little chalky, but there are so many other great colors that I can easily forgive this. This is especially great for new makeup users, as you get so many options for such a low price. With this palette you could figure out what you like and go out and buy other eyeshadow colors accordingly without just blindly hoping that a certain color will look nice on your skin.

The packaging isn't the best quality. The black matte plastic shows fingerprints, and if you dropped this from a tabletop you'd probably crack the plastic. Once in a while a pot might fall out, but I just super glue it back in. Personally, I use the 88 shimmer palette more often, but I just love shimmer and glitter.

I recommend this palette to anyone and everyone.

on 8/26/2009 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

okay so yes this is amazing.
i see some people think that the color isn't that great as far as pigmentation and they think they need a lot. well, with a shadow primer, you don't need that much at all. the colors are very true to what they look like the palette. they will sat all day with a primer and come off very easily later on.
soo many colors too choose from is probably the worst part lol

i would buy this again it that day ever comes when i run out of most of them ha (:

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

LOVE this palette! lots of dupes for MAC shadows. I use it all the time. I haven't bought a MAC eyeshadow in so long because of this, so it's great if you're def on a budget! You can also mix colors to get a certain color you want! Also if you use a base the colors will def show up more. Definitely worth the buy. Even though they're small there's colors that you probably won't even use, so great if you do makeup on other people too. I recommend it to EVERYONE!