Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

3.6

Talc, Mica, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. May contain: Mica and Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Chrome Oxide Greens, Chrome Hydroxide Green, FD&C Red No.40 Al Lake, FD&C Yellow No.5 Al Lake, FD&C Blue No.1 Al Lake.

on 3/29/2014 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I love the Metal palette! I got for 5 bucks on another website, very good pigmentation, good color selection, and great price. A must have!

I bought mine off Coastal Scents website and I am actually really pleased with their service. It took 1.5 weeks to ship to Australia.
What I think is that Coastal Scents products are over hyped. Sometimes even way over hyped. But I do admit that their products are extremely cheap, and extremely worth the money.
I am pointing out to those youtubers and bloggers who rave about this palette and saying that 'the shadows are extremely pigmented, buttery and great for makeup artists'. It's not entirely true.
First of all, the pigmentation of their shadows are inconsistent (some mattes are powdery, some are not pigmented at all, some are very pigmented, some are buttery and some are hard as rock).
Second, they're not buttery!! They feel a bit gritty when swatched, it feels a little 'cheap' (even my essence shadows feel so much softer).
Third and last, they're not exactly for makeup artists! Well, to some extent, like new makeup artists who are just starting out, yes. But I feel the quality of the shadows don't live up to makeup artists' standard (they're definitely not comparable to MAC's, i mean, even the cheap Essence brand, which is my fave).

However, there is no point in complaining, get one and see for yourself. I am getting myself a 120 palette soon but I don't think I will be purchasing off CS website, since I feel the quality of the shadows will probably be the same as the Chinese reselller ones (except it doesnt have the CS logo on it) and it's much cheaper (in terms of product, and shipping).

on 2/18/2012 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

not sure if anyone has mentioned this but all of the products are made in asia and then repackaged with different branding. have a look at chinese wholesale sites and you will find the pricing a lot cheaper especially if you buy more than one. One of the shadows was broken in transit which i can live with considering there were so many similar colours to choose from.
The quality is OK, there is ALOT of fall out so best to put your foundation on after applying the shadow. For the price its worth it though, there are colours I'm now using which i normally would not have purchased from other higher priced brands. I have worn the product both to work and out i do find that there are specs of shadow falling under my eyes. I have since bought the concealer and blush but am yet to try them.

on 2/17/2012 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I do love this product, although I got mine from BH cosmetics, and when looking around online I noticed that sedona lace, bh cosmetics, coastal scents and many other site sold the same ones just different prices. The pro of that is I can compare prices to find the cheapest and great quality, but I guess I don't really like knowing that one factory makes it and just ships it everywhere. I love that they are very pigmented for the price, i paid about 13 plus shipping for this for 88 colours which is a GREAT DEAL. It's a great beginners palette so you can see what colours work best, what you like what you don't, which allows for time and money saving later on as well. The things I didn't like about it is some fallout with certain colours and it does need a good base in order to stay as long as I want it to. I would repurchase this if I hit pan on many of them, but it may take me a long time and I would like to try out other palettes as well as I did buy this when I was just starting off.

on 10/21/2011 4:21:00 AM

I received this with chunks of the eyeshadow broken off...about 5 of the colors had that happen which is not too bad. Anyways that wouldn't have mattered if the pigmentation wasn't so poor. I find some drugstore brands like Maybelline and L'Oreal offer better pigmented shadows. Having 88 of the shadows that really don't stay on well and a low color pay-off, even for how cheap it is, isn't worth it. Because I would rather spend more money on something that is richly pigmented, stays put, and lasts all day. I bought 3 palettes and gave them all away after a few tries to make it work.

Pigmentation - soft eyeshadows, but not great on my medium/tan skin

Price - they aren't actually that cheap in my opinion, considering the quality. their pigmentation is like $2 shop shadows, and several of those combined make up the quantity of one of these shadows. so it's not exactly an unheard of bargain

But sure there's a lot in quantity, it's probably an okay set for a teen or someone new to makeup, like myself (but lighter skinned) and that's willing to use eyeshadow base which I haven't used yet but will do, hoping it will improve the pigmentation?

Anyway, referring to the top few reviews and really bad reviews, perhaps they're thinking it's a rip off because everything is cheap in the US but I still don't think it's that terrible for $30 is it? I think some people may need to get off their pretentious high makeup horses. (Sorry didn't meant to offend any one) It's seriously at least 2 stars I think. And I got mine off the wholesalers on ebay :) For really cheap too, I got the like 128 colour one for like $10, and you may be wondering why I'm still rating it so low, well the MATTE colours, my god, were SO chalky and not pigmented AT ALL. EVEN with the swipe of my FINGER. They were so difficult to get out.

on 9/8/2011 12:57:00 AM

Although I think this is a decent product, I don't think I'd buy this again because I don't find myself using it as much as I thought I would.

I absolutely love the colour selection, as most people do, but it can seem a bit overwhelming. This is because there are a lot of colours that I wouldn't use very often (yellow, orange, green, etc) that I tend to forget about this palette. Another reason is because sometimes the little eyeshadow pans become unglued and can shatter all over the other colours.

Overall, I think the shadows are great, but if you are someone that likes to use the same colours all the time, I think you'd be better off buying the palette that suits you best (88 warm, 88 shimmer, etc).

on 8/23/2011 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This palette is awesome!! It's so cheap for all the colors you get but the quality is great!! All the colors are so pigmented and easy to work with. I am not a professional, but I am known by my family, friends, and community for the makeup I do. I'm always being called upon to do girls make up for pictures, dances, proms, weddings, etc. So I am in a way a make up artist and I have a lot of make up but I am no where near where I'd like to be. Make up is expensive and I don't have the funds to buy all the stuff and all the colors I want! So this palette is awesome!! It has all the colors I need and more for any type of look I want to do! I love it! Surprsingly, for how small the differnet shadows are they take a while to use up, because they are so pigmented and you don't need a ton to get the desired effect. Some colrs in the shimmer palette are more matte, but its not bad at all! I love these palettes!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this palette in the set that has all 4 palettes together and all I have to say is this product is absolutely worth every cent. Quality is great. PIgmentation is excellent. Not a lot of fall out and best of all, there is so much colors to choose from. there are infinite possiblities to all the looks you can create with palette. I definitely recommend.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this palette.

I hadnt changed my makeup in years. I had two very bad reactions to eye shadows in the past. The company told me they had no way of knowing if I was allergic to something in the eye shadow. When I asked if they had changed anything, they said, they change the formulas so often there would be no way of narrowing it down. Nice.. Hence my eye shadow rut for so long.

I decided it was time for a change. I looked at every eye shadow color, palette, formula you could imagine. Then I found this. I mean, for the price, I think it rocks. Most of the colors are nice, pigmented, not a lot of fallout. The lighter colors could use some help but I dont wear pastel colors that much anyway.

And BEST of all, I did not have an allergic reaction to the shadows If you just need to something to do some experimenting with this is a great palette.