Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

Filtered by hair type : Relaxed
Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

3.6

Talc, Mica, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. May contain: Mica and Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Chrome Oxide Greens, Chrome Hydroxide Green, FD&C Red No.40 Al Lake, FD&C Yellow No.5 Al Lake, FD&C Blue No.1 Al Lake.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I'm just going to be straight up: I do not like this palette. Even for the price point, these are not good. I'm not saying that all of them are awful, but even the ones with good pigmentation do not last because they have such a thin texture. Its very difficult to pick up product, and when you do get some it wears off and creases like nobody's business. I bought mine for like $15 ( bought the shimmer palette too, which is slightly better) so I wasn't too upset about losing money... Although I haven't had good experiences with this palette, try some of the hot pots! They are significantly better. Way better. And still pretty cheap. Overall, even if I was a beginner, I wouldn't buy this. The rest is nice though... packaging is fine, price is good... but the product is not too great :( i really wanted to like this.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This is my go to palette when doing my everyday makeup. I've had it forever. One of the pots was broken upon receiving the package, but because it was a color that I don't normally use ever, it wasn't a major issue. I recommend this palette for people looking for a lot of variety on a small budget.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

coastal scents 88 is an eyeshadow palette that has a 88 colors, enough to use. the whole palette is smaller than A4 paper. each eyeshadow is the size a a dime.
i like to experience with bold colors so i decided to buy this product. this was back when i just started makeup(without buying to many single shadows). i when i got it, i loved it because of it wide color range. but i do find that the colors are not too pigmented, just a 8/10. though some on them are very un-pigmented, like white and black. the texture of each eyeshadow is hard and clumpy, but i don't mind that. it also doesn't last long. just by looking at it, u might think it has almost every single shade out there but NO. it lacks selections of orange and blue.i also noticed most of the eyeshadow has a satin finish. i think it will be pretty hard to carry if you need any touch up.
overall, i would recommend this to beginners or someone who wants something to expand their collections.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I like the color range, but I'm not convinced about the quality.. Some are very chalky, but I think it's fun to have because you can create many different and fun looks with it.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I did not get my 88 palette fr CS directly, but I think it is probably from the same manufacturer. I am a newbie and have been using this for about a month now. I am happy I got it, and do find the quality to be quite good. For a newbie, the variety of colors to choose fr is really great, and it helps me to find what colors suit my skin tone and what not. With that knowledge, I would then ventured out to get similar (but not the same) shades from MAC, Urban Decay, NARS...etc That way I am more confident that I will not be disappointed with the "more expensive" puchases (in Germany you can not return or exchange used makeup). I would not buy this again becos I think this palette is gonna last me a LONG time and if I ever finish it (unlikely), I will probably be re-buying my favourite colors individually (or in smaller alternative palettes) rather than the whole 88 p again. I would not hesitate to recommend this to other people who are curious to experiment or just starting out.

on 10/31/2009 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

After recieving all three palettes the 88 palette, warm and ultra shimmer palettes as birthday presents, I have to say after trying them all I'm extremely impressed! both 88 and 88 ultra shimmer palettes has a wide range of colors that are extremely pigmented although there were some chalky shadows they were very few..when I used an eyeshadow primer, it worked like a charm. Many of the colours in the palette are comparable to some of MAC eye shadow colours..all in all, a great bang for your buck! I would recomend these palettes to perople new to make up, definately a bang for your buck.

on 10/3/2009 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I bought this a couple of months ago after seeing so many good reviews on youtube. Honestly, some of the colors are good. After a couple of months of using this palette, I've come to the realization that I only like the neutral (browns, tans, blacks) side (right) of the palette. Most are pigmented and some are just plain chalky. They're not very vibrant so I wouldn't give this palette a 5. Also, when I received this palette, an eyeshadow pan completely came off and many of my eyeshadows were cracked/broken. I emailed Kathy (the owner of coastal scents) about this and she did something about it right away. I wrote a bad review on coastalscents.com after receiving this palette and they never published it. Don't be fooled by the coastalscents website and read reviews on makeupalley first! Packaging was alright, comes in a matte black case but now i heard the embellished it with their logo? I like the matte black case though. Comes with two sponge applicators which I threw away and a mirror which is handy. Will not repurchase.

on 9/20/2009 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This was the first makeup item that I owned. I love this eyeshadow palette and use it daily. It is highly pigmented, great variety of colors, and the price is very reasonable. I took off one lippie because the packaging is not the best. The lock on my palette is half broken and the eyeshadows tend to fall out. Overall, it is an awsome palette and I would recommend this!