Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

Talc, Mica, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. May contain: Mica and Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Chrome Oxide Greens, Chrome Hydroxide Green, FD&C Red No.40 Al Lake, FD&C Yellow No.5 Al Lake, FD&C Blue No.1 Al Lake.

on 8/27/2014 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is a great, great, product for someone just starting out. There is literally every color you could possibly need and they are all true to pan pigmented, smooth and blendable. Great value. Cheap packaging that does not travel well, but well worth it anyway.

on 8/12/2013 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is a great beginners palette. To experiment with both colors and neutrals, matte really are the way to go. The price tag is greatly affordable, the shadows are vivid and there is a lot of room to try out different things. If you already have a lot of makeup, this may not be for you, I won't be repurchasing, but for a makeup newbie this is a gem!

on 2/25/2012 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

88 Original; Great beginner palette for those wanting to dabble in colored eyeshadows. These colors are super pigmented with a nice range between them. If you tap off the excess shadow from the brush before applying to your lid and you won't get fallout. I also have a review on the 88 Warm Palette so yall can check that out too. The pot sizes are the size of a dime but you won't hit pan anytime soon cause there's so many and, again, really pigmented. 88 eyeshadows for about $20...how cool is that? You've probably seen the BH Cosmetics Palette which is the exact same thing as this (refer to the comment below about asia distribution.) All in all I would recommend as a great starter colored palette.

on 12/30/2011 9:54:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Ok, I wont lie--these colors ARE kind of chalky. BUT, if you use these shadows wet, it makes all the difference. Most people don't seem to notice this, but on the website, it does say they are able to be used wet. So, I would say to you, use these shadows wet for the best look. I think the shade range of this palette is great, it has so many crazy bright colors and also some neutrals, which is a good balance. I really do like this palette, even though some of the reviewers seem to hate this palette and coastal scents as a company. But I wouldn't repurchase because 1) I don't see myself ever running out of these shadows and 2) I don't really NEED 88 more eyeshadows. Good for beginners and those who love brights.

on 8/30/2011 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this pallet, but lets be honest for about 20.00 for 88 eye shadows they are not all going to be winners. Although I do feel that most of the shadows are pigmented, with little to no fall out, some are crap. But I also feel that way about a lot of pallets even the high end ones.

The only real downside is you must use a primer with this pallet but I feel like that is a give with any eye shadow high end or drug store. And the packaging is meh, not the worst but defiantly not anything great.

This is great pallet for anyone who needs/wants a lot of colors but doesnt want spend a lot.
Edit. The more and more I wear this pallet the more shades I find are either not milled to my liking or fade badly. I am removing another lippie for this reason.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Finally got mine in the mail today from the 30% off sale! It's bigger than I expected, it's about the size of a really thin netbook or something. It's also more sleek and sophisticated-looking than I expected.

Now onto the product itself. For what it's supposed to be, it's perfect. The palette of 88 colors is only $20 (or less if it's on sale), so you really shouldn't be expecting super amazing high-quality eyeshadows that last for 8 hours without creasing with no primer and are perfectly blendable or something amazing like that. However, it allows you to have a lot of different eyeshadow shades without paying a ton of money. I'm a sorority girl and I go to a lot of theme parties, and it's nice to have cheap eyeshadow that may not necessarily be amazing but will match my outfit. The eyeshadows definitely aren't bad by any means, I've certainly had much worse. They're just not as good as a high-end brand, which I wasn't expecting them to be.

Plus, it can also help you see what colors would be worth investing in a good brand/bigger-size product if you use that color a lot more than the others.

I probably won't have to buy again for a very long time, but if I do somehow use this up, I would certainly buy again.

on 3/21/2011 12:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought one of these palettes and they are great to have in your kit. It is good to have all the pigments and pressed shadows that you love but this is a great backup. It is slim and lightweight and the colors are suprisingly highly pigmented. It is good to have just in case you need a shade that you don't have a full size of.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of this palette. Although the eyeshadows are pigmented they are in return chalky and crazy fallout is the outcome!
The packaging is quite cheap, some of the shadows break and fall.
However it is very useful to test out different looks and colors.
I prefer the 88 shimmer or the bh cosmetics palette

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I ONLY use this for my eyes! It's very high-pigmented and gorgeous. It stays on my eyes all day long. I have gotten so many compliments on my eye shadow colors. I have combo dry/oily but sensitive skin. I didn't break out and even if I'm sweating a little bit, it doesn't smear. MY FAVORITE!!

on 3/31/2010 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Other

The colors are beautiful in the palette, ranging from matte and satiny shades. Typically pigmented, nothing too amazing. I found the texture rather disturbing, too powdery and dry, like pure talc. Reminds me of chalk. On my eyes, the colors tend to look blotchy and cheap. Very drying to my eyes and the colors look dull, but not because they're matte! The "shimmery" colors (like the silver) are so frosty (not in a good way) that it's impossible to apply it with fallout. While all the colors are THAT powdery and horribly made they will fallout, but the sparkly shades will go all over your face. This is so unnecessarily powdery that it will break and you loose so much product when you dip your brush/sponge applicator in it. The one matte blue color (the second to last in the middle) oxidizes so much, and other colors do as well. Most end up looking muddy and just.. ew. Plus, the packaging is so crappy and cheap, it fell off almost immediately.

**WARNING!!
As well as that, these eyeshadows BURN my eyes. I don't even have sensitive eyes and they sting my lids so intensely that they give me an eyeshadow. This has happened to me with the 120 palettes. This is has NEVER happened to me before, and I hate to be this way, but I strongly suspect this has lead in it. My first bad reaction to eyeshadow, and it's unregulated, Chinese makeup. We all know China has a bad reputation for lead poisoning. Come on now guys, a HEADACHE?! It happens every time I apply this to my bare lids, as well as a few minor, but still annoying, thrusts in my hand and arm.

Lead has a negative effect on the brain, causing neurological disorders. Maybe that's why I felt my head throbbing. Even a swatch on my hand gives me a bad reaction

Remember, with a lot of these Asian ebay/Coastal/wholesale makeup palettes, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAID FOR!!

And the fact that I am not the only one who got this bad reaction scares me! On Youtube, Livejournal, and on here, I have seen people complaining about something funky happening to their eyes.