Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

3.7

Talc, Mica, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. May contain: Mica and Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Chrome Oxide Greens, Chrome Hydroxide Green, FD&C Red No.40 Al Lake, FD&C Yellow No.5 Al Lake, FD&C Blue No.1 Al Lake.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have 88 warm (I had 88 shimmer til I got pink eye replaced it w a BH Cosmetics 88 shimmer), 88 metal mania, 88 mirage (& fwiw 252 ultimate too)..........I love coastal scents becoz their shadows are vivid, buttery, long lasting & a good value. I saw these on YT & was impressed was equally if not more impressed when I got them & applied wonderfully. 5/5 good value & quality #winning

I he the matte daylight palette. Surprisingly great for such a low price! If you're used to MAC shadows, you might be disappointed, but truthfully these are not bad. Better than most, if not all, drugstore brands, at the very least.

Some colours are better and more pigmented than others, but that's to be expected when you have 88 to choose from. I don't wear eyeshadow that often, but I love having all the options to choose from. There's colours there for anything from daytime wear to Halloween.

on 3/29/2014 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I love the Metal palette! I got for 5 bucks on another website, very good pigmentation, good color selection, and great price. A must have!

on 8/22/2012 6:56:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have the 88 warm palette and the original 88 but I found that I used this one the most! I've had it for years now, and they are perfect as when I first bought them. I would definitely buy it again, whenever it runs out (which I don't see any time soon!). I used this with my Too Faced primer and it works perfect!
I would say 98% of the pots are very well pigmented, then there are those that aren't so much... but usually you can find a color that is similar if you must have it :P
You need to buy this, it's amazing!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Got the palette a few months ago, and the delivery was fast! I love the package and they gave me a free eye-shadow sample - too! Not a usual thing.
As a beginner, I really love this palette and great colors to chose from. But it's not for a pro make up artists.
Sometimes the colors doesn't show a lot, but I still think it is a great palette.

on 1/5/2012 2:50:00 AM

I can't remember how much I bought this from but I have to say that this isn't anything special. Would be great if you're the type to experiment with colors but since I stick to my usuals, this product was a waste of space for me.

Pigmentation is poor. The dark colors are dark yet not enough to actually be dark. E.g. the black isn't black enough; same for the brown. I might just splurge on a better palette with colors that I'd actually use next time.

on 12/24/2011 10:12:00 AM

I really like this palate, it's a good starter one for those who like to experiment or try new looks every now and then.
to be honest not all the colours are matte, around 20% of the colours have either a soft shimmer or satin finish but the rest are matted.
also the colours are well pigmented, EASILY bendable and not chalky at all (but they do give a dusty appearance on the palate itself) so I usually wear them without a primer and they last all night. this is not as good as MAC or bobby brown so don't fool yourself but if you want alot of options, matte finish, good quality then get it.
I read in some reviews that you should just get them from Ebay but seriously the company has a sale every single week so you can get it for around $9 which is a bargain no matter how you think of it. also delivery is fast (I'm in Dubai and got it in three days!) and it comes with a refund in case something happens to it during delivery which reassures me more.
CONS
- if you live overseas then delivery is fast but expensive.
- most colours are basic ones, only 3 colours in the palate are really original.
- only three colours can be used as highlighters out of 88 so if you run out be sure to have a back-up
- the palate is MOSTLY colours, there is only one row for the classic smoky eye and one row of neutral colours.

on 11/30/2011 2:59:00 PM

I ordered my palette off Amazon, and it arrived in perfect condition. It's a lot smaller than one might expect from the photos, but the sheer variety of colors makes up for that! The colors are pretty good quality, nothing extremely special, but you can't really expect it at that price. It's wonderful that it comes with a mirror and two applicators, as well as a plastic sheet to protect the shadows! There are plenty of colors- the only color that isn't really represented is orange, but you can easily achieve a specific shade of anything that isn't there by mixing some of the other colors. Overall, this is an excellent product!

Most of the shadows/blushes, in any of type of these named/numbered finished palettes, are nicely pigmented.
Though, I find that if you don't flick off your brush and use a base, you will get more than average fallout.
So I recommend that you do your foundation last..... with any of these various named/numbered palettes.
Each one are great and have a variety of colors you can play with.

@Everyone: Please save your hard earned $ and just buy all the Coastal Scents, Bh Cosmetics, etc...etc...Palettes off of EBAY!!

They really ARE the SAME thing/colors!

Its just that they switch up the pans in different places sometimes!

I know some say that some are pigmented than other brands. But no they are not really!
Its just that some palettes are FRESHER therefore they will give you BETTER PAYOFF.

You can buy any variety for around $10.00 each on EBAY!
I actually bought the 10 Blush, Neutral, Concealer, Camouflage Palettes for under $8.00 each.... on EBAY!! Really!
Now I am a big believer for supporting American businesses. But we all now know where they get their stuff from....so I feel perfectly fine buying from overseas. ;)

on 5/14/2011 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

As I clicked the "Would you buy this product again?" question, I was wondering... COULD I buy this again? There's so much product, i can't imagine finishing it!

This is a really good palette for travelling, performances, newbie makeup artists or... well just about anyone! (Except for those makeup snobs) I adore some of these colors, like this certain raspberry-pruple-brown, and this perfect taupe. There are other colors I don't reach for as often, like the reds or greens. But those colors are extremely pigmented! I really enjoy this palette because it's perfect for travelling, however I hate using this at home! I wish they just sold the individual colors by themselves! I'd def buy the colors I like, and then take this palette on the road with me! :)