Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

3.4

Talc, Mica, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. May contain: Mica and Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Chrome Oxide Greens, Chrome Hydroxide Green, FD&C Red No.40 Al Lake, FD&C Yellow No.5 Al Lake, FD&C Blue No.1 Al Lake.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have 88 warm (I had 88 shimmer til I got pink eye replaced it w a BH Cosmetics 88 shimmer), 88 metal mania, 88 mirage (& fwiw 252 ultimate too)..........I love coastal scents becoz their shadows are vivid, buttery, long lasting & a good value. I saw these on YT & was impressed was equally if not more impressed when I got them & applied wonderfully. 5/5 good value & quality #winning

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this palette.

I hadnt changed my makeup in years. I had two very bad reactions to eye shadows in the past. The company told me they had no way of knowing if I was allergic to something in the eye shadow. When I asked if they had changed anything, they said, they change the formulas so often there would be no way of narrowing it down. Nice.. Hence my eye shadow rut for so long.

I decided it was time for a change. I looked at every eye shadow color, palette, formula you could imagine. Then I found this. I mean, for the price, I think it rocks. Most of the colors are nice, pigmented, not a lot of fallout. The lighter colors could use some help but I dont wear pastel colors that much anyway.

And BEST of all, I did not have an allergic reaction to the shadows If you just need to something to do some experimenting with this is a great palette.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

i love the color range in this palette. not all the shadows are highly pigmented, ive found that the yellows are kinda junky. my sister has this palette aswell and shes mentioned that the yellow fades really quick for her too. the darker shades are really nice if you like wearing dark shadow. for someone who wants to play with color and try new things id say this is a great choice.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Good palette! I love that I buy this palette and don't have to buy many other when I have this one.

Yes, the pigmentation is very good, but I find the colours in the pans don't have the same density. For example, the pan that is nearly a MAC Cork dupe is a lot more crumbly than the shimmery yellow one, which I really need to dig at to get any product. I realize that it may be different with other palettes. But that doesn't affect the blending or pigmentation.

All in all, very glad I found this. :)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

So many colors! I honestly don't know how I will use them all, but I sure have fun trying to figure it out! I do notice some of the brighter, more pigmented colors stain my eyes and leave them irritated.

on 3/4/2009 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

These eyeshadows are NOT the same quality as mac or any other high-end makeup. Most of the shades are nicely pigmented, yes, but they are just not wearable. Like someone else said, the colors look more suitable for face painting than for grown- up m/u. Very juvenile looking, imo. Don't get this palette unless you are <12 and just want to play with colors. Mine went in the trash.

on 11/18/2008 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This palette was another one of those things I heard so many raves about that I finally gave up and got one just so I could be on the bandwagon. It was just a hair over $20, and money well spent.

The pans are roughly the size of a dime. With the exception of maybe 10 or less, the shadows are all matte. Some that look shimmery don't look that way on the lid. I love pairing the bright matte colors with my shimmery neutrals. Some of the colors are chalky and/or have little pigmentation. (Mostly the pale colors.) But for the most part they're well pigmented and apply smoothly. Though they are very soft and powdery.

Most every color you could want is here...primaries to pastels, and a few neutrals. Though I can pick on the color selection a bit based on my own personal taste. There aren't any golds here (just yellows and champagnes). The pinks are mostly very cool, with a lot of them leaning towards/bordering on purple/lilac. And the purples are all either very blue or very pink. It would have been nice to see some nice vibrant violets and royal purples. But take this for what it's worth...me nitpicking.

The one really big negative about this palette is the extremely cheap packaging. As soon as I pulled it from the box, one of the hinges broke on the lid. The other shortly followed. Annoying, but I didn't think it was worth returning it. It also has a weird smell about it. But that's easy enough to overlook.

So overall, I'm very pleased with this palette and the endless variety it offers. All the bright colors I'm sure I'll ever need, so I can spend the rest of my time/money on my most beloved neutrals. :)

on 10/5/2008 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I got this palette four days ago and I must say that I love it! I watch DRBrooklyn730's makeup tutorials on youtube and she has all these colors and palettes from MAC and MUFE. I'm a beginner and am not willing to spend a lot on eyeshadows so I got this palette. When I got this in the mail I tried some looks that DRBrooklyn730 had done and all the colors were represented. I really like this product. I also want to point ou that I use UDPP for my base and that there are colors that fade, so I cannot see myself running out of colors and having to replace this anytime soon. Try it, ladies! Only $30 with shipping for 88 different colors.