Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

3.8

Talc, Mica, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. May contain: Mica and Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Chrome Oxide Greens, Chrome Hydroxide Green, FD&C Red No.40 Al Lake, FD&C Yellow No.5 Al Lake, FD&C Blue No.1 Al Lake.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I'm just going to be straight up: I do not like this palette. Even for the price point, these are not good. I'm not saying that all of them are awful, but even the ones with good pigmentation do not last because they have such a thin texture. Its very difficult to pick up product, and when you do get some it wears off and creases like nobody's business. I bought mine for like $15 ( bought the shimmer palette too, which is slightly better) so I wasn't too upset about losing money... Although I haven't had good experiences with this palette, try some of the hot pots! They are significantly better. Way better. And still pretty cheap. Overall, even if I was a beginner, I wouldn't buy this. The rest is nice though... packaging is fine, price is good... but the product is not too great :( i really wanted to like this.

on 2/5/2013 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Nice selection of colors. Some are matte and some are shimmery. All the colors you need in one palette. Some of the colors are chalky and are hard to work with, but thats just a few. I got this palette when I was a beginner with makeup. I use the dark brown next to the black on the bottom right to fill in my brows. nice pallete to have in your makeup collection. I would order again but I don't think I'll have to because they last a very long time.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Got the palette a few months ago, and the delivery was fast! I love the package and they gave me a free eye-shadow sample - too! Not a usual thing.
As a beginner, I really love this palette and great colors to chose from. But it's not for a pro make up artists.
Sometimes the colors doesn't show a lot, but I still think it is a great palette.

on 2/18/2012 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

not sure if anyone has mentioned this but all of the products are made in asia and then repackaged with different branding. have a look at chinese wholesale sites and you will find the pricing a lot cheaper especially if you buy more than one. One of the shadows was broken in transit which i can live with considering there were so many similar colours to choose from.
The quality is OK, there is ALOT of fall out so best to put your foundation on after applying the shadow. For the price its worth it though, there are colours I'm now using which i normally would not have purchased from other higher priced brands. I have worn the product both to work and out i do find that there are specs of shadow falling under my eyes. I have since bought the concealer and blush but am yet to try them.

on 2/17/2012 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I do love this product, although I got mine from BH cosmetics, and when looking around online I noticed that sedona lace, bh cosmetics, coastal scents and many other site sold the same ones just different prices. The pro of that is I can compare prices to find the cheapest and great quality, but I guess I don't really like knowing that one factory makes it and just ships it everywhere. I love that they are very pigmented for the price, i paid about 13 plus shipping for this for 88 colours which is a GREAT DEAL. It's a great beginners palette so you can see what colours work best, what you like what you don't, which allows for time and money saving later on as well. The things I didn't like about it is some fallout with certain colours and it does need a good base in order to stay as long as I want it to. I would repurchase this if I hit pan on many of them, but it may take me a long time and I would like to try out other palettes as well as I did buy this when I was just starting off.

on 8/23/2011 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This palette is awesome!! It's so cheap for all the colors you get but the quality is great!! All the colors are so pigmented and easy to work with. I am not a professional, but I am known by my family, friends, and community for the makeup I do. I'm always being called upon to do girls make up for pictures, dances, proms, weddings, etc. So I am in a way a make up artist and I have a lot of make up but I am no where near where I'd like to be. Make up is expensive and I don't have the funds to buy all the stuff and all the colors I want! So this palette is awesome!! It has all the colors I need and more for any type of look I want to do! I love it! Surprsingly, for how small the differnet shadows are they take a while to use up, because they are so pigmented and you don't need a ton to get the desired effect. Some colrs in the shimmer palette are more matte, but its not bad at all! I love these palettes!!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This Palette is Great! For a few years now I've been eyeing this, but I never got the chance to sit down in front of the computer to buy it hhaha. When I finally got it, I was surprised to see the palette wasn't too big. It was smaller than the size of a magazine. This is great for traveling since it's flat, lightweight, and has almost all the colors you would need for any occasion! This is a must have! It's pigments are great, and there are so many colors! I find myself not buying anymore eye shadows because all I need is in my cs palette. I highly recommend anyone getting this, and even if you don't find it as useful, 20 bucks isn't so bad. And as for amount of eyeshadow contained in this palette...there are so many colors to use I hardly find myself using just one, so I think it would be hard to run out.

on 5/23/2011 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have had this palette since July 2010 and only hit pan on 3 colors. I used this palette a lot the first month I had it and rarely since. It's a good palette to have but, I have other palettes I love more. Some of the colors are a bit chalky but, still good. I find with certian colors my eyes water a bit.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i bought this product because of all the hypes ive heard about these CS palettes and everyone seemed to have it so i figured it must be pretty good! When i got this in the mail, I was soooo DISAPPOINTED with the quality! Very cheap quality. Lots of fall out and the colors were not pigmented! Obviously most of the gurus on youtube got this for free and got paid to advertise this. I dnt mind spending on expensive make ups anymore coz its really worth it than buying these crap that doesnt work! Its freakinf chalky and its not even close to be compared to mac e/s!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this everyday. It has good highlight colors too. I wear the shadows using milk jumbo pencil underneath.