Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. May contain: Mica and Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Chrome Oxide Greens, Chrome Hydroxide Green, FD&C Red No.40 Al Lake, FD&C Yellow No.5 Al Lake, FD&C Blue No.1 Al Lake.

on 9/6/2015 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Another disappointment from coastal scents. This palette has major fallout, the colors are not pigmented ,and chalky. The colors swatch very sheer and you must tap your brush to remove excess product before applying to your eye. Whether you use a packing or a blending brush the shadows are terrible. Even if applied with a primer, a base, or a creamy eyeshadow stick these shapes do not apply well at all. The colors are horrible used wet or dry. I would never be purchased this product again. This is a very cheap product therefore you can not expect much for the low price.

on 8/27/2014 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is a great, great, product for someone just starting out. There is literally every color you could possibly need and they are all true to pan pigmented, smooth and blendable. Great value. Cheap packaging that does not travel well, but well worth it anyway.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Dirt cheap. 88 colors. Thin case. Easy to store. Pigmented shades.

This palette is basically perfect!

on 9/13/2013 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I wanted to like this I really did. But I'll be giving my shimmer and my matte palette to my little cousin, it's just not worth it. The light colours do not go on well, I have to layer again...and again..and again...then go..well I think I see it? By then you can forget about blending. The reds and oranges are even a disappointment. The brown tones I found went on well but all shades were chalky and very hard to blend. I would rather buy some pans in a few shades that I love then one of these. Even my urban decay potion primer couldn't save these colours. I will not rebuy.

on 8/12/2013 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is a great beginners palette. To experiment with both colors and neutrals, matte really are the way to go. The price tag is greatly affordable, the shadows are vivid and there is a lot of room to try out different things. If you already have a lot of makeup, this may not be for you, I won't be repurchasing, but for a makeup newbie this is a gem!

I got the 44 pallete for a christmas gift from a friend. I was only 17 at the time so i did use A LOT of the bright neon colors but now that im 21 i noticed im not really into the bright neon colors anymore.i tend to stay to the neutral colors now. I do wear the neons every now and again but not all the time so basically half of the palette is going to waste. Also it came with some blushes but i dropped the palette one day and they broke so the packaging isnt all that great. They are very pigmented and pretty but i half to dip into the shadow 2 times to get the desired color. Also the do have a lot of fall out. Im really wanting to get a too faced pallete but dont have the money right now so i just stick to this for now but as soon as i get another pallete im tosding this to my neice or saving it for my girls for when they can start playing with makeup

The 88 original pallet is an ok pallet. I think that it is great for a beginner due to the fact that there are a lot of colors with decent pigmentation. Making the pallet a good option for people without a lot of colors. However, I am not impressed with the finishes of the shadows it just doesn't compare to the higher end brands like urban decay. The matte colors aren't buttery they are somewhat dry. Also, I don't find the colors to have any nuances to them if you know what I mean. I like my shadows to have an underlying sheen to them or variations in the color and I just didn't find that to be true in this pallet. Bottom line. I won't repurchase since I am a bit of a makeup junkie and like to try new products and I don't tend to repurchase pallets unless they have a shade that I can't live without.

I was super excited for this palette when I ordered it and I thought I was going to use it all the time. Honestly I rarely touch it. I used it for about 2 weeks and then forgot about it. It is nothing special. Don't get me wrong it is a good palette but, I grab for my Urban Decays ones way more. Some of the colors in this palette are a bit chalky too and some colors irratate my eyes and make them water. It's a cool idea for a palette just I didn't need it as much as I thought I did.

on 5/6/2011 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

LOVE!!!!

since i've gotten this (a couple years ago, on ebay for $20-ish), i've found that i really dont "need" to buy too many other shadows. when i'm lookin at them at the store unless its a really unique color i just think "nah, i've got only almost just like this in the 88 pallet"
the colors are VERY pigmented, and go very well together. they're really bright, but still wearable.
and the best part, IMO, is that the browns make PERFECT brow colors! i just use a wet angled brush and theres a reddish brown color that is PERFECT for matching my red hair!
and really, this thing is lasting FOREVER! Easily 1 of the best MU purchases i've ever made! and when you think that at $25, thats about 28 cents per shadow, very reasonable priced!

on 11/18/2010 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I did not expect much from this palette but was pleasantly surprised. The shadows are vibrant, good pigmentation, soft and creamy with no fallout and I was using the black! I would highly recommend this original/matte palette for beginners or those who don't want to invest too much money in individual eyeshadows. Has so many shades to play around with. You can get this for half the coastal scents price by buying on ebay, its the same palette only without the coastal scents rebranding on the cover. hth