Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

3.9

Talc, Mica, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. May contain: Mica and Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Chrome Oxide Greens, Chrome Hydroxide Green, FD&C Red No.40 Al Lake, FD&C Yellow No.5 Al Lake, FD&C Blue No.1 Al Lake.

on 2/5/2016 6:28:00 PM

The colors are bright and the colors are pretty you get 88 eye shadows they are small but they last forever. The price I think is reasonable 20 bucks for 88 eye shadows that will last you over a year (or so I've heard) but the one problem they need to fix is the packaging once I had an old one (I got a new one for my birthday I threw it away for some odd reason) I dropped it once and one of the eye shadows shattered it was still useable I didn't break the whole eye shadow but it disappointed me. also I wish the mirror would stand up on its own it doesn't so I have to hold it up and that makes my hands ache. but id still by it even with those imperfections the colors are very pretty!

I bought this palette to start myself out on make up, as all I really had to begin with was dollar store make up. For a beginner eyeshadow palette, its not too bad, as its reasonably priced when its on sale (I bought mine for 9 bucks, but then paid 7 dollars for shipping, which is rediculous for just one item). This palette has served as my scapegoat for playing with eye shading and how to create different looks. This eye shadow has a lot of fallout and some of these colors aren't very pigmented. So, to sum it up;
Pros:
Cheap palette for so many colors
Great for make up noobs
Some colors are very pigmented

Cons:
You get what you paid for. Cheap makeup with fallout and it smudges easily right off of your face, even with primer.
Some colors have very little pigment.

I am in love with some of Coastal Scents Products, but others I am a little disappointed. The sampler that I recieved of their Revealed had much nicer quality than this palette. I LOVE their 10 blush set and the fair camo quad, but I HATE their color corrector quad. I guess its just luck of the draw.

I he the matte daylight palette. Surprisingly great for such a low price! If you're used to MAC shadows, you might be disappointed, but truthfully these are not bad. Better than most, if not all, drugstore brands, at the very least.

Some colours are better and more pigmented than others, but that's to be expected when you have 88 to choose from. I don't wear eyeshadow that often, but I love having all the options to choose from. There's colours there for anything from daytime wear to Halloween.

on 3/29/2014 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I love the Metal palette! I got for 5 bucks on another website, very good pigmentation, good color selection, and great price. A must have!

This is my go to eyeshadow. I wear it every day. Great pigmentation, lasts all day and doesn't crease at all. I would buy this again and again!!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This is my go to palette when doing my everyday makeup. I've had it forever. One of the pots was broken upon receiving the package, but because it was a color that I don't normally use ever, it wasn't a major issue. I recommend this palette for people looking for a lot of variety on a small budget.

I really like this product. It has so many colours and the shipping was so fast but a bit expensive. The product was cheap though. It's smaller than I expected but I'm happy I have so many colours now. It's really you get what you pay for so obviously you can't compare to mac but the price is really good, especially if you're just starting out with makeup.

on 8/22/2012 6:56:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have the 88 warm palette and the original 88 but I found that I used this one the most! I've had it for years now, and they are perfect as when I first bought them. I would definitely buy it again, whenever it runs out (which I don't see any time soon!). I used this with my Too Faced primer and it works perfect!
I would say 98% of the pots are very well pigmented, then there are those that aren't so much... but usually you can find a color that is similar if you must have it :P
You need to buy this, it's amazing!

I bought mine off Coastal Scents website and I am actually really pleased with their service. It took 1.5 weeks to ship to Australia.
What I think is that Coastal Scents products are over hyped. Sometimes even way over hyped. But I do admit that their products are extremely cheap, and extremely worth the money.
I am pointing out to those youtubers and bloggers who rave about this palette and saying that 'the shadows are extremely pigmented, buttery and great for makeup artists'. It's not entirely true.
First of all, the pigmentation of their shadows are inconsistent (some mattes are powdery, some are not pigmented at all, some are very pigmented, some are buttery and some are hard as rock).
Second, they're not buttery!! They feel a bit gritty when swatched, it feels a little 'cheap' (even my essence shadows feel so much softer).
Third and last, they're not exactly for makeup artists! Well, to some extent, like new makeup artists who are just starting out, yes. But I feel the quality of the shadows don't live up to makeup artists' standard (they're definitely not comparable to MAC's, i mean, even the cheap Essence brand, which is my fave).

However, there is no point in complaining, get one and see for yourself. I am getting myself a 120 palette soon but I don't think I will be purchasing off CS website, since I feel the quality of the shadows will probably be the same as the Chinese reselller ones (except it doesnt have the CS logo on it) and it's much cheaper (in terms of product, and shipping).

on 2/25/2012 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

88 Original; Great beginner palette for those wanting to dabble in colored eyeshadows. These colors are super pigmented with a nice range between them. If you tap off the excess shadow from the brush before applying to your lid and you won't get fallout. I also have a review on the 88 Warm Palette so yall can check that out too. The pot sizes are the size of a dime but you won't hit pan anytime soon cause there's so many and, again, really pigmented. 88 eyeshadows for about $20...how cool is that? You've probably seen the BH Cosmetics Palette which is the exact same thing as this (refer to the comment below about asia distribution.) All in all I would recommend as a great starter colored palette.