Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

4.1

Talc, Mica, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. May contain: Mica and Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Chrome Oxide Greens, Chrome Hydroxide Green, FD&C Red No.40 Al Lake, FD&C Yellow No.5 Al Lake, FD&C Blue No.1 Al Lake.

amazing thin packaging
bright, pigmented, creamy shadows
$8.88 is the sale price
lasts all day, never creases
I love it :)

on 11/27/2012 10:41:00 AM

I gotta tell you...I used NYX Eyeshadow Base on my hand, and swatched some of these. Not only did they have decent to good pigment (yeah, some of them suck, but any that don't go on strongly work beautifully used wet) , but they stayed on even after running my hand under warm water. So, people complaining that they aren't very pigmented may not be using a base. Yeah, they don't stick to bare skin...but who doesn't use a primer?? As for them being chalky...maybe the people making that complaint don't really understand the difference between Matte shadows and Shimmer shadows...a true matte shadow, even a good one is going to appear chalky when it first goes on...once it settles into the skin it will look richer and smoother. You can't just put something on and expect it to look perfect from the getgo...eyeshadow always looks better after it works into the skin.

As a makeup artist, I have to say that I'm not going to spend money on MAC eyeshadows when I'm looking to use colors that are out of the ordinary. A good makeup artist can make great use of these shadows.

What I think these palettes offer as well, is an opportunity to choose your favorite colors and the ones that you run out of you can see as ones you'd invest in buying a comparable MAC shadow.

I'm a professional makeup artist, and I love these. And, the Metal Mania palette...really super!

I purchased the 88 palette in 2009 when all the youtube gurus raved about it. For the price, the quality was awesome and the shadows had great pigment and lasting power. HOWEVER.... I recently purchased it again (Nov. 2012) and the quality seems to have gone way down. The eyeshadows are on par with cheap drugstore makeup and barely show up. Luckily I got it on sale for $8.88 this time.
On a positive note, shipping was super fast from the Coastal Scents website. I live across the country and got it in 2 days.

on 7/14/2012 7:01:00 AM

i bought it and i love it!!

I bought this a while back and I wouldn't say I love it, but it is a good palette.
As there are 88 eyeshadows there are lots of colours and shades to pick from, which I absolutely love because I love using different shades of a colour when doing my eye make up.
What I disliked about this product is that the colours are generally grouped together, but they neither go from lightest to darkest shade, and there are some colours just dotted about fraying from their colour group, which irritates me.
The colours are good though, I've tested them all and each has great pigmentation and coverage. They are easily blendable and spread very easy too. You don't have to totally rub your heart out to get a reasonable amount of shadow on your brush/applicator either!
The eyeshadows are around the size of a 5p coin, which is pretty small, but they are dome shaped which means that there's more than you actually think and they last a good while!
The price I got mines for was 23.99, I'm not sure if that's the actual price of the palette or whether I got a little discount, but I feel this is a reasonable price. For 88 quality eyeshadows it's a medium priced palette, as there are definitely some that are more expensive, and you could probably find one or two cheaper though whether they'd be good quality or not is unknown.
I would recommend this if you're looking for one palette that will serve you for a good while at a reasonable price.

on 12/30/2011 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have beige medium skin so some of the colors do not pop like i would necessarily like, although with the use of my NYx creme pencil it helps alot...which u should be using anyways...I love the blues and purples and yellows.. Also good colors for doing smokey eyes too. I really love this palette because it provides a wide variety of color. Not every color is going to work for every body because not everybody has the same skin tone. The use of a primer and white base is a must! And I have not had any colors fall out..although I am not tossing it around and upside down either :)

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I don't understand how this product recieves so many great reviews. For me the product was hardly visible on my lids. I tried using a variety of primers from UD, Too Faced, and MAC; however, that didn't help to intensive the colors. Yes, the colors are beautiful in the palette, but once it's applied to the lids its very subtle.

Also, it is chalky. If you read the ingredients of this product, research where it is made (China), and do a little research about the company, you should have a great idea why you should stay away from it.

on 5/4/2011 5:01:00 PM

scored a great deal with the current promo. order was processed quickly and package was received 3 days after placing order. vast color variety and colors look vibrant from swatch. awesome deal in my opinion.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I generally love this palette. There are some colors in it that I can live without and with some the quality is well lacking. However I use this at least twice a week just because the color range is wonderful. I like to change my makeup everyday and this allows me to do so without breaking the bank. There is some fallout so I use a good packing es brush, but really its the same way with my toofaced es.... so it doesn't bother me to much. I enjoy using it and would recommend it to anyone starting out their makeup collection and doesn't want to spend oodles of money on buying several different palettes, just get this one!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I like the color range, but I'm not convinced about the quality.. Some are very chalky, but I think it's fun to have because you can create many different and fun looks with it.