Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

3.8

Talc, Mica, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. May contain: Mica and Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Chrome Oxide Greens, Chrome Hydroxide Green, FD&C Red No.40 Al Lake, FD&C Yellow No.5 Al Lake, FD&C Blue No.1 Al Lake.

on 8/30/2011 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this pallet, but lets be honest for about 20.00 for 88 eye shadows they are not all going to be winners. Although I do feel that most of the shadows are pigmented, with little to no fall out, some are crap. But I also feel that way about a lot of pallets even the high end ones.

The only real downside is you must use a primer with this pallet but I feel like that is a give with any eye shadow high end or drug store. And the packaging is meh, not the worst but defiantly not anything great.

This is great pallet for anyone who needs/wants a lot of colors but doesnt want spend a lot.
Edit. The more and more I wear this pallet the more shades I find are either not milled to my liking or fade badly. I am removing another lippie for this reason.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this palette in the set that has all 4 palettes together and all I have to say is this product is absolutely worth every cent. Quality is great. PIgmentation is excellent. Not a lot of fall out and best of all, there is so much colors to choose from. there are infinite possiblities to all the looks you can create with palette. I definitely recommend.

on 5/14/2011 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

As I clicked the "Would you buy this product again?" question, I was wondering... COULD I buy this again? There's so much product, i can't imagine finishing it!

This is a really good palette for travelling, performances, newbie makeup artists or... well just about anyone! (Except for those makeup snobs) I adore some of these colors, like this certain raspberry-pruple-brown, and this perfect taupe. There are other colors I don't reach for as often, like the reds or greens. But those colors are extremely pigmented! I really enjoy this palette because it's perfect for travelling, however I hate using this at home! I wish they just sold the individual colors by themselves! I'd def buy the colors I like, and then take this palette on the road with me! :)

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

I love the range of colours you get in this!
It's great for beginners, you get a whole lot of different colours to play with and figure out what works for you before you go out and buy individuals.
I did notice that the colours flake once they have been used for the first time, the powder seems to "unset" and get everywhere :(
I use the browns as eyeliner on my lids, I like that I can change the darkness of the liner without having to buy a whole lot of different pencils.

So yes, not very good quality. We have to admit that. The pigment is not so dense and it blends about as well as crayolas...but if you buy this you are not expecting urban decay or nars quality.

For what it is this palette is perfect. It is a playful palette for experimenting with color and trying new looks. I played arou d with the greens and then went out and bought a few nars and ester lauder green hues.

My only issue with the packaging is that it is a little hard t open...but I am an idiot so maybe that is really a personality flaw on my part. Lol

on 2/15/2011 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I'm Obsessed with this Palette!!! OMG I've been using it every single day for over a year. Even when I use a different brand of eyeshadow. I always find a way to incorporate a shadow from this palette in my look. I consider myself to be pretty experienced with makeup because I started wearing it in middle school (yup tryna be grown smh) but no matter the level of expertise, everyone should own this! The color pay-off is ridiculously pigmented for $20. I'm a fan of Coastal Scents. I own 3 of their eyeshadow palettes (including the 28 neutrals which is absolutely gorgeous, a staple for work), a blush palette, a concealer palette, and several of their loose glitter powders. Very Satisfied Custy!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of this palette. Although the eyeshadows are pigmented they are in return chalky and crazy fallout is the outcome!
The packaging is quite cheap, some of the shadows break and fall.
However it is very useful to test out different looks and colors.
I prefer the 88 shimmer or the bh cosmetics palette

on 11/11/2010 6:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

There was so much hype on yt about this palette that I simply had to get it, it's also my first palette so I was extra excited when I saw the package on my doorstep. The colors are vibrant and with so much to choose from, the possibilities are endless. However I don't catch myself reaching over for it very much :( I think it's great for people just starting off with makeup and want to test out what colors look best with their eyes/skin tone and for traveling. But if you already have a large collection of e/s then I would pass on this.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

So here's the thing...I've bought from both Bhcosmetics and coastal scents and the difference are noticable. When I got my package one of the little pots was already out...after realizing that I didn't want to go through the bull of sending it back, I just glued the sucka in. I used it and the pigments suck. Its really chalky and shimmer like someone blew chucks of glitter at my eyelid. Maybe its just the 88 shimmer palette or I got a bad batch but this one sucked. I gave it to my niece to play with

on 8/16/2010 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

$20 for 88 colors isn't bad: it comes out to be around 25 cents per pan, and each pan lasts for a good while. I've spent 4x that amount on only a dozen (disappointing) colors from drug stores.

Makeup beginners like me, who still have trouble picking out the right colors, can find real value in this palette. A good chunk of the colors are pretty bold and unwearable on a day-to-day basis, but you definitely cover the entire color spectrum with this palette. The shadows are predominantly a matte finish, but there are a few shimmers here and there. What I like about the shimmers is that they actually have color, not just a silver powder held together by different-colored chalk.

The quality of the eyeshadows ranges from crummy kiddie makeup to pretty darn good, and overall, they're easy to work with. I haven't had much luck getting good color payoff from the yellows and lighter blue/teals (unless you have the patience to layer), but the red, fuchsia, and neutrals are crazy pigmented. Plus, you always have the option of mixing colors together, which gives you above and beyond the 88 you get.

All in all, if you KNOW what colors work for you, then you can probably skip this palette. If you're like me and like to fiddle around with new looks but don't know where to start, Coastal Scents 88 Palette might just be it.