Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

3.0

Talc, Mica, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. May contain: Mica and Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Chrome Oxide Greens, Chrome Hydroxide Green, FD&C Red No.40 Al Lake, FD&C Yellow No.5 Al Lake, FD&C Blue No.1 Al Lake.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I don't regret buying this palette but I wouldn't rebuy it either. I bought this when I was still a "newb" when it came to eyeshadow and for that kind of people this is a blessing. You get 88 colors of eyeshadow in OK quality. Good for playing around with, trying looks and seeing what looks good on you.

Once I found out what colors looked very good on me I just went and bought them in MAC and other great quality brands. Because honestly, alot of people compare this to MAC etc but they're nothing like it. These colors are quite chalky and have alot of fallout. But the pigmentation is good! No MAC quality at all though.

Now that I'm better with eyeshadow I only reach for this palette when I'm going out and I want some funky supercolorfull look. But for my everyday looks I prefer better quality. (but don't get me wrong, this is definetly OK quality)

Would recommend this for people who are still new to wearing eyeshadow and want lots of shades to experiment with. You won't be dissapointed.

on 7/28/2009 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

this was an OK palette for me.
I had both Shimmer and Matte ones, i swapped the Matte one.
the packaging isn't that great, very fragile and the colors aren't unique. After a little blending, all the greens looked like just plain green and all the blues were also the same shade, but there are a few exceptions, some colors are very nice.
The quality of the shadows is not that great either, they swatch very god on hands, but on the eyelids, I didn't find them to be that pigmented as they are being raved about. Compared to Stila, urban Decay or Estee lauder (full size ones nor GWP's), i didn't like this palette so much...

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Let me start of by saying: I love love love FREAKING love this palette. All the colors and SO pigminted! Not much else to add other than yeah well, okay nothing too special about the packaging but it's the product that counts, right? Loved all the e/s and colors it came with. Major downside would have to be that they're all so small, seeing as I'm surely going to use it up quickly. But overall, great product. Definately purchasing this again (maybe even the 126!) after this one runs out.

Video Reviews & Tutorials