Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. May contain: Mica and Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Chrome Oxide Greens, Chrome Hydroxide Green, FD&C Red No.40 Al Lake, FD&C Yellow No.5 Al Lake, FD&C Blue No.1 Al Lake.

Great product. Makes it easy to follow online tutorials because you never have to worry about not having a color.

on 7/31/2011 6:09:00 PM

(This is for the 88 Shimmer Palette). This palette is nice for the # of colors you get for the price. Some of the colors are very pigmented and smooth, and others are just a nasty, chunky glittery mess. The downside is that the pans are so tiny. If there is one color you really like and use often, it probably won't last very long because the pans are so darn small. Another problem I have is that the pans are so close together, and sometimes the eyeshadows crumble a bit when using them..then the colors all get into the other colors, and you end up with powder everywhere.
When I recieved mine in the mail from coastal scents, one of the eyeshadow pans had popped out of its place but didn't break. I figured, no big deal, I'll just glue it back. I've had it for maybe 6 months, I don't bang the palette around a lot or anything, but many of the pans have popped out of place.
Overall, its good especially if you are just starting to get into makeup, or if you want a lot of colors to experiment with but don't want to spend a ton. (If you are hesitant about buying it, there are a lot of big palettes like this on eBay for cheaper).

Overall I am satisfied with this palette. I bought mine from sedonalace.com (though, I think they sell the same palettes as costal scents does) and I couldn't believe how intricate the packaging was. The palette was wrapped in bubble wrap, put into a box, then the box was wrapped in larger bubble wrap, and put into a bigger box full of foam peanuts. Amazing. Points always go to companies who package their products well.
And it only took me 2 days to receive my palette! This company is based in Florida (Not in Hong Kong like many other brands) so it was way faster this way!

My only downside and the reason for rating it a 4 is that the matte palette isn't really matte at all. The majority, yes, are matte. But out of the 88, 33 or so (give or take) are either a satin, shimmer, or frost finish. Totally wasn't expecting that. The seller didn't mention this even though I think this it's a pretty important detail. But thats my only complaint.

The price is unbeatable there so I can't really complain too much. The shadows are fairly pigmented, everything was carefully packaged, I got it in two days, AND I got a free brush! So total A+ very satisfied.

I was happy with this product. The shadows last all day with a primer. Some shadows have more payoff than others. A great variety for a beginner or someone who wants to play with colors. Very inexpensive and fair packaging. Some had problems with the packaging breaking, but I have not yet.

I got my palette sometime early last week. I have to be honest...personally I really like it. I can't see why there's a lot of hate for this product. I use UDPP on my eyes before I put any shadow on, and I never have problems! Without the UDPP you can honestly kiss the purchase of this product goodbye. I created a very simple look last night, and it reminded me a lot of a look that I created using an Urban Decay palette, so I was beyond amazed that I could do the same look with just two colors, and the UDPP. Before buying this product people kept telling me not to purchase it, because it is SO powdery and chalky. Yeah, it's somewhat powdery, but not chalky. I understand it's not MAC by any means, but I'm very satisfied, and I think it's very much worth $18.95, plus tax and S&H.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This palette isn't worth all the hype. Sure it's better than some of the palette's you might buy at Wal-Mart, but not by much. The shadows are very small and you have to use quite a bit to get good pigmentation. The texture is more rough than chalky and you really have to tug at your eyelids to blend it out. The colors also look very ruddy on the skin, almost like the texture of the product hurts to look at. This sounds horrible, but I feel I look like an 80's crack whore with these shadows on. The products also made me break out in a horrible rash all over my eyes (ouch) and although my lids are naturally sensitive, I have never experienced anything that severe, which makes me question the integrity of the product. It's no secret that Coastal Scents only gets all the Guru endorsements from YouTube because they send them FREE product. Sure, it might be cheaper, but my order total came up to nearly $60.00 for a few damaged gel liners, 3 hot pots that broke me out in a rash, and a cheap palette, I could have bought quite a few pieces of MAC for that amount.

on 5/10/2009 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!!! The colors in the shimmer palette are absolutely amazing. Such intense color pigment. Amazing price considering how many colors you get! The shadows go on smooth, don't flake, and don't crease. I can't even describe how beautiful the colors are. Give this palette a try. The colors in the shimmer palette give a nice hint of shimmer but are definitely not to overly shimmery. So glad I got the shimmery palette instead of the matt. Colors easily blend and look magical together. Give it a try, you won't regret it!!!!

I really love this palette! I bought the matte palette. I am really big into doing bright and bold colors and this delivers. I find the eyeshadows have great pigment and are not chalky. They are easy to blend and last all day when I use UDPP under them.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i've been using this palette for a few months now. i love the range of colours and the pigmentation is wonderful. on my eyes, with a little bit of UDPP it stays on for the whole day without creasing. it came with 2 little application brushes that i've never used. i prefer to get the eyeshadow with my ELF brush. it's great for packing on the colour. the packaging is cute except i don't really like the glossy finish, it keeps prints of my fingers and what not. (the matte version had not come out when i purchased this.) the price is around $25 for 88 colours. it's not bad. definitely must have!

eh...... Def not worth the hype. If you are into quality e/s you will find
these chalky and cheap. Colors are quite bright more for a painting than a face lol.

This product gets alot of love on the board and youtube. Have to wonder if any of the reviews are from insiders or friends.

To end it positive, if you love alot of color choices and are not particuliar about blendability then this is a good palette to experiment with.
Personally I'd rather have one UD or LORAC e/s than 88 of these. JMHO...