Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. May contain: Mica and Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Chrome Oxide Greens, Chrome Hydroxide Green, FD&C Red No.40 Al Lake, FD&C Yellow No.5 Al Lake, FD&C Blue No.1 Al Lake.

Great product. Makes it easy to follow online tutorials because you never have to worry about not having a color.

on 7/31/2011 6:09:00 PM

(This is for the 88 Shimmer Palette). This palette is nice for the # of colors you get for the price. Some of the colors are very pigmented and smooth, and others are just a nasty, chunky glittery mess. The downside is that the pans are so tiny. If there is one color you really like and use often, it probably won't last very long because the pans are so darn small. Another problem I have is that the pans are so close together, and sometimes the eyeshadows crumble a bit when using them..then the colors all get into the other colors, and you end up with powder everywhere.
When I recieved mine in the mail from coastal scents, one of the eyeshadow pans had popped out of its place but didn't break. I figured, no big deal, I'll just glue it back. I've had it for maybe 6 months, I don't bang the palette around a lot or anything, but many of the pans have popped out of place.
Overall, its good especially if you are just starting to get into makeup, or if you want a lot of colors to experiment with but don't want to spend a ton. (If you are hesitant about buying it, there are a lot of big palettes like this on eBay for cheaper).

on 5/14/2011 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

As I clicked the "Would you buy this product again?" question, I was wondering... COULD I buy this again? There's so much product, i can't imagine finishing it!

This is a really good palette for travelling, performances, newbie makeup artists or... well just about anyone! (Except for those makeup snobs) I adore some of these colors, like this certain raspberry-pruple-brown, and this perfect taupe. There are other colors I don't reach for as often, like the reds or greens. But those colors are extremely pigmented! I really enjoy this palette because it's perfect for travelling, however I hate using this at home! I wish they just sold the individual colors by themselves! I'd def buy the colors I like, and then take this palette on the road with me! :)

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have actually been sitting on this purchase for at least half of a year. Coastal Scents packages palettes together in sets now, so theyre less expensive than purchasing the palettes individually. They had a $10 off promotion combined with free shipping, so I took the plunge and purchased all four of the 88 palettes for about $60. Shipping was fairly quick, and I was pleased because everything was packaged well. The containers themselves seem a little flimsy, and Ive had a couple of eye shadows pop out already, so I probably wouldnt take it anywhere with me if I were traveling. Overall, you get a lot for your money. Each eyeshadow is about the size of a dime, but seriously, every shade you could possibly imagine is included. Most shades are highly pigmented with good color payoff, and they blend very well. Because similar shades are grouped together, sometimes its hard to remember which shade youve actually used if there is one in particular you like. It would help labeling them, but overall, no complaints. This is a steal!

Overall I am satisfied with this palette. I bought mine from sedonalace.com (though, I think they sell the same palettes as costal scents does) and I couldn't believe how intricate the packaging was. The palette was wrapped in bubble wrap, put into a box, then the box was wrapped in larger bubble wrap, and put into a bigger box full of foam peanuts. Amazing. Points always go to companies who package their products well.
And it only took me 2 days to receive my palette! This company is based in Florida (Not in Hong Kong like many other brands) so it was way faster this way!

My only downside and the reason for rating it a 4 is that the matte palette isn't really matte at all. The majority, yes, are matte. But out of the 88, 33 or so (give or take) are either a satin, shimmer, or frost finish. Totally wasn't expecting that. The seller didn't mention this even though I think this it's a pretty important detail. But thats my only complaint.

The price is unbeatable there so I can't really complain too much. The shadows are fairly pigmented, everything was carefully packaged, I got it in two days, AND I got a free brush! So total A+ very satisfied.

on 3/31/2010 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Other

The colors are beautiful in the palette, ranging from matte and satiny shades. Typically pigmented, nothing too amazing. I found the texture rather disturbing, too powdery and dry, like pure talc. Reminds me of chalk. On my eyes, the colors tend to look blotchy and cheap. Very drying to my eyes and the colors look dull, but not because they're matte! The "shimmery" colors (like the silver) are so frosty (not in a good way) that it's impossible to apply it with fallout. While all the colors are THAT powdery and horribly made they will fallout, but the sparkly shades will go all over your face. This is so unnecessarily powdery that it will break and you loose so much product when you dip your brush/sponge applicator in it. The one matte blue color (the second to last in the middle) oxidizes so much, and other colors do as well. Most end up looking muddy and just.. ew. Plus, the packaging is so crappy and cheap, it fell off almost immediately.

**WARNING!!
As well as that, these eyeshadows BURN my eyes. I don't even have sensitive eyes and they sting my lids so intensely that they give me an eyeshadow. This has happened to me with the 120 palettes. This is has NEVER happened to me before, and I hate to be this way, but I strongly suspect this has lead in it. My first bad reaction to eyeshadow, and it's unregulated, Chinese makeup. We all know China has a bad reputation for lead poisoning. Come on now guys, a HEADACHE?! It happens every time I apply this to my bare lids, as well as a few minor, but still annoying, thrusts in my hand and arm.

Lead has a negative effect on the brain, causing neurological disorders. Maybe that's why I felt my head throbbing. Even a swatch on my hand gives me a bad reaction

Remember, with a lot of these Asian ebay/Coastal/wholesale makeup palettes, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAID FOR!!

And the fact that I am not the only one who got this bad reaction scares me! On Youtube, Livejournal, and on here, I have seen people complaining about something funky happening to their eyes.

I was happy with this product. The shadows last all day with a primer. Some shadows have more payoff than others. A great variety for a beginner or someone who wants to play with colors. Very inexpensive and fair packaging. Some had problems with the packaging breaking, but I have not yet.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

this is amazing the pigmintation in these shawodws are amazing it is good from begineers to professionals these are just as good as make shawodws if not better they just blend so effortlessly i have all coastal scents palette and not one disappointed me i have loads of mac makeup and i am very rich so i dont care about the price in mac but coastel scents is better way better the pigmentation (better) the staying power (better) the price (better) i use this everyday with a new look and i get endless complements

it is amzing and it is very portable it is smaller then you think. i know people will disagree about me saying there are better than mac but they are and i think now people dont care about the quality of the makeup they care about the packaging and the label name these are so good if you asked me which palette to get i would say for your fist one the 88 warm palette and if you like that get the other two

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GET THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got my palette sometime early last week. I have to be honest...personally I really like it. I can't see why there's a lot of hate for this product. I use UDPP on my eyes before I put any shadow on, and I never have problems! Without the UDPP you can honestly kiss the purchase of this product goodbye. I created a very simple look last night, and it reminded me a lot of a look that I created using an Urban Decay palette, so I was beyond amazed that I could do the same look with just two colors, and the UDPP. Before buying this product people kept telling me not to purchase it, because it is SO powdery and chalky. Yeah, it's somewhat powdery, but not chalky. I understand it's not MAC by any means, but I'm very satisfied, and I think it's very much worth $18.95, plus tax and S&H.

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This palette isn't worth all the hype. Sure it's better than some of the palette's you might buy at Wal-Mart, but not by much. The shadows are very small and you have to use quite a bit to get good pigmentation. The texture is more rough than chalky and you really have to tug at your eyelids to blend it out. The colors also look very ruddy on the skin, almost like the texture of the product hurts to look at. This sounds horrible, but I feel I look like an 80's crack whore with these shadows on. The products also made me break out in a horrible rash all over my eyes (ouch) and although my lids are naturally sensitive, I have never experienced anything that severe, which makes me question the integrity of the product. It's no secret that Coastal Scents only gets all the Guru endorsements from YouTube because they send them FREE product. Sure, it might be cheaper, but my order total came up to nearly $60.00 for a few damaged gel liners, 3 hot pots that broke me out in a rash, and a cheap palette, I could have bought quite a few pieces of MAC for that amount.