Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

3.9

Talc, Mica, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. May contain: Mica and Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Chrome Oxide Greens, Chrome Hydroxide Green, FD&C Red No.40 Al Lake, FD&C Yellow No.5 Al Lake, FD&C Blue No.1 Al Lake.

on 9/6/2015 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Another disappointment from coastal scents. This palette has major fallout, the colors are not pigmented ,and chalky. The colors swatch very sheer and you must tap your brush to remove excess product before applying to your eye. Whether you use a packing or a blending brush the shadows are terrible. Even if applied with a primer, a base, or a creamy eyeshadow stick these shapes do not apply well at all. The colors are horrible used wet or dry. I would never be purchased this product again. This is a very cheap product therefore you can not expect much for the low price.

on 9/13/2013 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I wanted to like this I really did. But I'll be giving my shimmer and my matte palette to my little cousin, it's just not worth it. The light colours do not go on well, I have to layer again...and again..and again...then go..well I think I see it? By then you can forget about blending. The reds and oranges are even a disappointment. The brown tones I found went on well but all shades were chalky and very hard to blend. I would rather buy some pans in a few shades that I love then one of these. Even my urban decay potion primer couldn't save these colours. I will not rebuy.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I don't understand how this product recieves so many great reviews. For me the product was hardly visible on my lids. I tried using a variety of primers from UD, Too Faced, and MAC; however, that didn't help to intensive the colors. Yes, the colors are beautiful in the palette, but once it's applied to the lids its very subtle.

Also, it is chalky. If you read the ingredients of this product, research where it is made (China), and do a little research about the company, you should have a great idea why you should stay away from it.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i bought this product because of all the hypes ive heard about these CS palettes and everyone seemed to have it so i figured it must be pretty good! When i got this in the mail, I was soooo DISAPPOINTED with the quality! Very cheap quality. Lots of fall out and the colors were not pigmented! Obviously most of the gurus on youtube got this for free and got paid to advertise this. I dnt mind spending on expensive make ups anymore coz its really worth it than buying these crap that doesnt work! Its freakinf chalky and its not even close to be compared to mac e/s!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have the matte one and I can honestly say I don't use it much because the eyeshadows don't stick to my eyelid, and when I try to blend them, they disappear. The only color I DO use is the black one. It's a nice palette to have if you're the kind of person who wears bold and colorful looks a lot but if you're not, then save up your money for something else because you're going to end up using 3-5 eyeshadows TOPS from this palette.

on 10/1/2010 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Was excited to get this at first.. but the excitement soon disappeared. Lots of fall out comes with these shadows. They seem very powdery in my opinion, and when over blended - look very muddy. They're okay for their price, but don't expect them to be anything amazing. You MUST use a primer with these shadows or else they'll end up all over the rest of your face. Many of the colours don't seem to work with everyday use as well. I also find the palette getting very messy since the pans are very close to each other so fallout from shadows can mix together into the pans. I also don't believe they are as "pigmented" as some reviewers say they are. Rubbing your finger across a shadow is completely different than actually placing it on ur eyelid.

So, I got this a couple of months ago thinking that it was going to be an awesome product based on the reviews I saw on youtube about these palettes. I bought both the shimmer and matte palettes because they had a sale where if you bought 2 or more palettes you got 15% off your order.

First, shipping took a long time. Coastal Scents ships from Florida and I'm in California so I didn't think it was going to take that long, especially since shipping is so expensive on the site. It took 7 days for my palettes to get here. Well, 8 but one day was a Sunday so I'm not going to count that.

I opened them and noticed right away that they had a funny smell to them, kinda like paint. I ran my fingertips on some of the colors and the pigment was wonderful! Unfortunately that is where the good ends. I tried putting some on my eyelid without primer and on my eyelid there was no color payoff at all and the shadows were really chalky. I then tried it with both UDPP and TFSI and both primers had the same result, no color payoff and a lot of fallout.

I went back on youtube to rewatch the videos but this time reading the descriptions of the videos. It turns out Coastal Scents sends out $75 gift cards for CS products to the "gurus" on youtube in exchange for glowing reviews of what they got. I feel really lied to now. I wouldn't recommend these palettes to anyone.

on 6/23/2010 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This product is really cheap. The smell of the makeup is really creepy. I really don't trust this product because I get the sense that this is cheaply made in some Chinese factory using god knows what ingredients. I'm really paranoid about the toxic scent that comes from it. My eyes are precious to me, more than any cheap makeup. I also saw this on youtube, and I am disappointed by those girls who didn't point out how chalky, toxic, and really unpigmented this stuff is. Go to a 99 cents store and buy some Loreal and Revlon. Way better stuff.

Way overrated. I distrust this company because of their marketing ploys. I believe they send free product to people in return for reviews on YouTube and Facebook giving glowing recommendations. That's all it could be. This is chalky and doesn't stay as well as just about any other drugstore eyeshadow. You would do better with Wet n Wild, Maybelline or Revlon. I bought three of the 88 matte palettes, one for me and each of my daughters, for Christmas last year. My daughters love makeup but they NEVER use this. I really tried to love it but don't.

Save your MONEY! I haven't touched this palette since I first purchased it. It has a strong smell of paint and the colour pay-off is terrible. The matte colours are chalky and the shimmer colours don't show up. Save your money for quality shadows your eyes will thank you and the colour pay-off is worth the money. This is a cheap horrible product.