Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

Filtered by age: 44-55
Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

3.0

Talc, Mica, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. May contain: Mica and Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Chrome Oxide Greens, Chrome Hydroxide Green, FD&C Red No.40 Al Lake, FD&C Yellow No.5 Al Lake, FD&C Blue No.1 Al Lake.

Way overrated. I distrust this company because of their marketing ploys. I believe they send free product to people in return for reviews on YouTube and Facebook giving glowing recommendations. That's all it could be. This is chalky and doesn't stay as well as just about any other drugstore eyeshadow. You would do better with Wet n Wild, Maybelline or Revlon. I bought three of the 88 matte palettes, one for me and each of my daughters, for Christmas last year. My daughters love makeup but they NEVER use this. I really tried to love it but don't.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This review is for the Coastal Scents new 88 Metal Mania palette:
I gave it an overall rating of 5 because the colors it has are unlike all the other 88 palettes. The texture is buttery soft but what I was impressed with the most is the finish. It is indeed metallic like, but it's buildable, meaning that if one day all I want is a soft metallic finish I can easily achieve but if I want an all out metallic finish, then all I have to do is apply a first coat dry, and the second coat wet. The colors are not crazy colors but everyday wearable color. Its almost like the 88 warm palette gone metallic with a twist. I would definitely purchase it again! LuVs iTT :-)

on 10/31/2009 10:14:00 PM

This is a hard one. I purchased this after seeing so many tutorials on line in which the make up guru used it. (And of course I love eyeshadow...) The first time I used it I did so without a primer and the color was gone by mid day. The next time I used it with a MAC paint pot as a primer and put on a different color. Much better results. The nice thing about owning this is the ability to access such a variety of colors without forking out money. For example, if you want to augment your crease color with a little red to warm it up you can use the red in this palette instead of paying to own a red shadow that you would never use on its own. It's fun and the dime size shadows are enough but it doesn't replace the beautiful array of shades that MAC sells - so I do agree with others - its a start but that's about it.

eh...... Def not worth the hype. If you are into quality e/s you will find
these chalky and cheap. Colors are quite bright more for a painting than a face lol.

This product gets alot of love on the board and youtube. Have to wonder if any of the reviews are from insiders or friends.

To end it positive, if you love alot of color choices and are not particuliar about blendability then this is a good palette to experiment with.
Personally I'd rather have one UD or LORAC e/s than 88 of these. JMHO...

Video Reviews & Tutorials