Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. May contain: Mica and Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Chrome Oxide Greens, Chrome Hydroxide Green, FD&C Red No.40 Al Lake, FD&C Yellow No.5 Al Lake, FD&C Blue No.1 Al Lake.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have 88 warm (I had 88 shimmer til I got pink eye replaced it w a BH Cosmetics 88 shimmer), 88 metal mania, 88 mirage (& fwiw 252 ultimate too)..........I love coastal scents becoz their shadows are vivid, buttery, long lasting & a good value. I saw these on YT & was impressed was equally if not more impressed when I got them & applied wonderfully. 5/5 good value & quality #winning

Not sure why some people don't like this palette. I mean for the price and variety and pigment, it can't be beat! I think the pigment is great. I bought this specially for my Halloween makeup as Dia De Los Muertos. I loved using the bright colors for my sugar skull makeup. If you're wondering about this palette, go to YouTube and watch MissChevious. She uses this eyeshadow a lot in her makeup tutorials if you're wondering what you can do with all these colors!

Most of the shadows/blushes, in any of type of these named/numbered finished palettes, are nicely pigmented.
Though, I find that if you don't flick off your brush and use a base, you will get more than average fallout.
So I recommend that you do your foundation last..... with any of these various named/numbered palettes.
Each one are great and have a variety of colors you can play with.

@Everyone: Please save your hard earned $ and just buy all the Coastal Scents, Bh Cosmetics, etc...etc...Palettes off of EBAY!!

They really ARE the SAME thing/colors!

Its just that they switch up the pans in different places sometimes!

I know some say that some are pigmented than other brands. But no they are not really!
Its just that some palettes are FRESHER therefore they will give you BETTER PAYOFF.

You can buy any variety for around $10.00 each on EBAY!
I actually bought the 10 Blush, Neutral, Concealer, Camouflage Palettes for under $8.00 each.... on EBAY!! Really!
Now I am a big believer for supporting American businesses. But we all now know where they get their stuff from....so I feel perfectly fine buying from overseas. ;)

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this palette.

I hadnt changed my makeup in years. I had two very bad reactions to eye shadows in the past. The company told me they had no way of knowing if I was allergic to something in the eye shadow. When I asked if they had changed anything, they said, they change the formulas so often there would be no way of narrowing it down. Nice.. Hence my eye shadow rut for so long.

I decided it was time for a change. I looked at every eye shadow color, palette, formula you could imagine. Then I found this. I mean, for the price, I think it rocks. Most of the colors are nice, pigmented, not a lot of fallout. The lighter colors could use some help but I dont wear pastel colors that much anyway.

And BEST of all, I did not have an allergic reaction to the shadows If you just need to something to do some experimenting with this is a great palette.

So yes, not very good quality. We have to admit that. The pigment is not so dense and it blends about as well as crayolas...but if you buy this you are not expecting urban decay or nars quality.

For what it is this palette is perfect. It is a playful palette for experimenting with color and trying new looks. I played arou d with the greens and then went out and bought a few nars and ester lauder green hues.

My only issue with the packaging is that it is a little hard t open...but I am an idiot so maybe that is really a personality flaw on my part. Lol

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I love these pallets so much. All of the colors are very bright and the pigment is great. The only con on these is the fall out. I can handle that for the wonderful color payoff though. Great shadows.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I did not get my 88 palette fr CS directly, but I think it is probably from the same manufacturer. I am a newbie and have been using this for about a month now. I am happy I got it, and do find the quality to be quite good. For a newbie, the variety of colors to choose fr is really great, and it helps me to find what colors suit my skin tone and what not. With that knowledge, I would then ventured out to get similar (but not the same) shades from MAC, Urban Decay, NARS...etc That way I am more confident that I will not be disappointed with the "more expensive" puchases (in Germany you can not return or exchange used makeup). I would not buy this again becos I think this palette is gonna last me a LONG time and if I ever finish it (unlikely), I will probably be re-buying my favourite colors individually (or in smaller alternative palettes) rather than the whole 88 p again. I would not hesitate to recommend this to other people who are curious to experiment or just starting out.

I bought this palette to try and learn some new looks. Apparently I suck in the art of applying eyeshadow! lol I spend so much time trying to get the look I envision, but end up liking my eyes better without. Oye! Beautiful assortment of colors though! I thought that colors were highly pigmented and lasted all day with a primer. I would recommend, but I won't repurchase due to my lack of talent in applying. :(

This is the third of three palettes I bought based on reviews from Youtube and I wish I had saved my money.
Very pretty colours yes but they just don't last and fade after about two hours. I work long hours and expect my makeup to last without touchups.
Great if you want to experiment with different looks but just not practical for every day.

I have fun with this palette with all the choices of color. The colors are so variant that they can meet about any occasion or event. The colors are very pigmented. The packaging really does bite, not going to lie. This came to me broken BUT they sent me a new one right away and I was pleased. Since then my second one has broke but I hold it together with a sticky back felt sheet. The product is good, customer service very good, packaging not good.