Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Mica, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. May contain: Mica and Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Chrome Oxide Greens, Chrome Hydroxide Green, FD&C Red No.40 Al Lake, FD&C Yellow No.5 Al Lake, FD&C Blue No.1 Al Lake.

on 9/6/2015 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Another disappointment from coastal scents. This palette has major fallout, the colors are not pigmented ,and chalky. The colors swatch very sheer and you must tap your brush to remove excess product before applying to your eye. Whether you use a packing or a blending brush the shadows are terrible. Even if applied with a primer, a base, or a creamy eyeshadow stick these shapes do not apply well at all. The colors are horrible used wet or dry. I would never be purchased this product again. This is a very cheap product therefore you can not expect much for the low price.

on 3/29/2014 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I love the Metal palette! I got for 5 bucks on another website, very good pigmentation, good color selection, and great price. A must have!

on 11/27/2012 10:41:00 AM

I gotta tell you...I used NYX Eyeshadow Base on my hand, and swatched some of these. Not only did they have decent to good pigment (yeah, some of them suck, but any that don't go on strongly work beautifully used wet) , but they stayed on even after running my hand under warm water. So, people complaining that they aren't very pigmented may not be using a base. Yeah, they don't stick to bare skin...but who doesn't use a primer?? As for them being chalky...maybe the people making that complaint don't really understand the difference between Matte shadows and Shimmer shadows...a true matte shadow, even a good one is going to appear chalky when it first goes on...once it settles into the skin it will look richer and smoother. You can't just put something on and expect it to look perfect from the getgo...eyeshadow always looks better after it works into the skin.

As a makeup artist, I have to say that I'm not going to spend money on MAC eyeshadows when I'm looking to use colors that are out of the ordinary. A good makeup artist can make great use of these shadows.

What I think these palettes offer as well, is an opportunity to choose your favorite colors and the ones that you run out of you can see as ones you'd invest in buying a comparable MAC shadow.

I'm a professional makeup artist, and I love these. And, the Metal Mania palette...really super!

on 2/18/2012 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

not sure if anyone has mentioned this but all of the products are made in asia and then repackaged with different branding. have a look at chinese wholesale sites and you will find the pricing a lot cheaper especially if you buy more than one. One of the shadows was broken in transit which i can live with considering there were so many similar colours to choose from.
The quality is OK, there is ALOT of fall out so best to put your foundation on after applying the shadow. For the price its worth it though, there are colours I'm now using which i normally would not have purchased from other higher priced brands. I have worn the product both to work and out i do find that there are specs of shadow falling under my eyes. I have since bought the concealer and blush but am yet to try them.

on 12/24/2011 10:12:00 AM

I really like this palate, it's a good starter one for those who like to experiment or try new looks every now and then.
to be honest not all the colours are matte, around 20% of the colours have either a soft shimmer or satin finish but the rest are matted.
also the colours are well pigmented, EASILY bendable and not chalky at all (but they do give a dusty appearance on the palate itself) so I usually wear them without a primer and they last all night. this is not as good as MAC or bobby brown so don't fool yourself but if you want alot of options, matte finish, good quality then get it.
I read in some reviews that you should just get them from Ebay but seriously the company has a sale every single week so you can get it for around $9 which is a bargain no matter how you think of it. also delivery is fast (I'm in Dubai and got it in three days!) and it comes with a refund in case something happens to it during delivery which reassures me more.
CONS
- if you live overseas then delivery is fast but expensive.
- most colours are basic ones, only 3 colours in the palate are really original.
- only three colours can be used as highlighters out of 88 so if you run out be sure to have a back-up
- the palate is MOSTLY colours, there is only one row for the classic smoky eye and one row of neutral colours.

on 8/30/2011 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this pallet, but lets be honest for about 20.00 for 88 eye shadows they are not all going to be winners. Although I do feel that most of the shadows are pigmented, with little to no fall out, some are crap. But I also feel that way about a lot of pallets even the high end ones.

The only real downside is you must use a primer with this pallet but I feel like that is a give with any eye shadow high end or drug store. And the packaging is meh, not the worst but defiantly not anything great.

This is great pallet for anyone who needs/wants a lot of colors but doesnt want spend a lot.
Edit. The more and more I wear this pallet the more shades I find are either not milled to my liking or fade badly. I am removing another lippie for this reason.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I like the color range, but I'm not convinced about the quality.. Some are very chalky, but I think it's fun to have because you can create many different and fun looks with it.

on 10/31/2009 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

After recieving all three palettes the 88 palette, warm and ultra shimmer palettes as birthday presents, I have to say after trying them all I'm extremely impressed! both 88 and 88 ultra shimmer palettes has a wide range of colors that are extremely pigmented although there were some chalky shadows they were very few..when I used an eyeshadow primer, it worked like a charm. Many of the colours in the palette are comparable to some of MAC eye shadow colours..all in all, a great bang for your buck! I would recomend these palettes to perople new to make up, definately a bang for your buck.

on 10/13/2009 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

my 88 matte eyeshadow palette is really good quality eye color and cheap!!!! really love it, soon to order the other palettes!! the warm palette and the shimmer palette and the blush/ contour palettes!

I liked the price, I liked the packaging quality, but the colors are a bit so-so.
The colors are a bit pail so when I use a primer/base the color gets a bit stronger, but again I was no satisfied with the colors themselves nor the texture.
but still this is a very OK- GOOD palette set to buy if ur not a makeup artist or if ur just playing around with makeup
:D