Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

Filtered by age: 25-29
Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

3.9

Talc, Mica, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. May contain: Mica and Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Chrome Oxide Greens, Chrome Hydroxide Green, FD&C Red No.40 Al Lake, FD&C Yellow No.5 Al Lake, FD&C Blue No.1 Al Lake.

on 2/5/2016 6:28:00 PM

The colors are bright and the colors are pretty you get 88 eye shadows they are small but they last forever. The price I think is reasonable 20 bucks for 88 eye shadows that will last you over a year (or so I've heard) but the one problem they need to fix is the packaging once I had an old one (I got a new one for my birthday I threw it away for some odd reason) I dropped it once and one of the eye shadows shattered it was still useable I didn't break the whole eye shadow but it disappointed me. also I wish the mirror would stand up on its own it doesn't so I have to hold it up and that makes my hands ache. but id still by it even with those imperfections the colors are very pretty!

I bought this palette to start myself out on make up, as all I really had to begin with was dollar store make up. For a beginner eyeshadow palette, its not too bad, as its reasonably priced when its on sale (I bought mine for 9 bucks, but then paid 7 dollars for shipping, which is rediculous for just one item). This palette has served as my scapegoat for playing with eye shading and how to create different looks. This eye shadow has a lot of fallout and some of these colors aren't very pigmented. So, to sum it up;
Pros:
Cheap palette for so many colors
Great for make up noobs
Some colors are very pigmented

Cons:
You get what you paid for. Cheap makeup with fallout and it smudges easily right off of your face, even with primer.
Some colors have very little pigment.

I am in love with some of Coastal Scents Products, but others I am a little disappointed. The sampler that I recieved of their Revealed had much nicer quality than this palette. I LOVE their 10 blush set and the fair camo quad, but I HATE their color corrector quad. I guess its just luck of the draw.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Dirt cheap. 88 colors. Thin case. Easy to store. Pigmented shades.

This palette is basically perfect!

Great product. Makes it easy to follow online tutorials because you never have to worry about not having a color.

This is my go to eyeshadow. I wear it every day. Great pigmentation, lasts all day and doesn't crease at all. I would buy this again and again!!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This is my go to palette when doing my everyday makeup. I've had it forever. One of the pots was broken upon receiving the package, but because it was a color that I don't normally use ever, it wasn't a major issue. I recommend this palette for people looking for a lot of variety on a small budget.

on 10/21/2011 4:21:00 AM

I received this with chunks of the eyeshadow broken off...about 5 of the colors had that happen which is not too bad. Anyways that wouldn't have mattered if the pigmentation wasn't so poor. I find some drugstore brands like Maybelline and L'Oreal offer better pigmented shadows. Having 88 of the shadows that really don't stay on well and a low color pay-off, even for how cheap it is, isn't worth it. Because I would rather spend more money on something that is richly pigmented, stays put, and lasts all day. I bought 3 palettes and gave them all away after a few tries to make it work.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I don't understand how this product recieves so many great reviews. For me the product was hardly visible on my lids. I tried using a variety of primers from UD, Too Faced, and MAC; however, that didn't help to intensive the colors. Yes, the colors are beautiful in the palette, but once it's applied to the lids its very subtle.

Also, it is chalky. If you read the ingredients of this product, research where it is made (China), and do a little research about the company, you should have a great idea why you should stay away from it.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this palette in the set that has all 4 palettes together and all I have to say is this product is absolutely worth every cent. Quality is great. PIgmentation is excellent. Not a lot of fall out and best of all, there is so much colors to choose from. there are infinite possiblities to all the looks you can create with palette. I definitely recommend.

I'm surprised to see such mixed reviews on this product.
Pigmentation - Many are very comparable to MAC, especially the darker and brighter shades. Those type of colors in particular tend to "stain" a little , which can be good or bad depending on your opinion.
Some colors can be a little chalky but proper blending and use of a primer can help that.
The size of the eyeshadows is about the size of a nickel or dime - plenty in my opinion, as I've never used up an entire shadow of any color or kind.
Packaging is pretty good - it's matte, somewhat thick plastic. The mirror is small and a little useless (the palette is hard to hold up and use due to its size) as are the applicators, but Coastal Scents makes great cheap brushes.
Bottom line: Unless you have an entire collection of MAC shadows or only use neutrals, pass on this. If you want great color payoff and tons of great colors without spending hundreds of dollars, get this - just be sure to use a primer or concealer underneath.