Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

Filtered by skin type : Other age: 19-24
Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

4.7

Talc, Mica, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. May contain: Mica and Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Chrome Oxide Greens, Chrome Hydroxide Green, FD&C Red No.40 Al Lake, FD&C Yellow No.5 Al Lake, FD&C Blue No.1 Al Lake.

Overall I am satisfied with this palette. I bought mine from sedonalace.com (though, I think they sell the same palettes as costal scents does) and I couldn't believe how intricate the packaging was. The palette was wrapped in bubble wrap, put into a box, then the box was wrapped in larger bubble wrap, and put into a bigger box full of foam peanuts. Amazing. Points always go to companies who package their products well.
And it only took me 2 days to receive my palette! This company is based in Florida (Not in Hong Kong like many other brands) so it was way faster this way!

My only downside and the reason for rating it a 4 is that the matte palette isn't really matte at all. The majority, yes, are matte. But out of the 88, 33 or so (give or take) are either a satin, shimmer, or frost finish. Totally wasn't expecting that. The seller didn't mention this even though I think this it's a pretty important detail. But thats my only complaint.

The price is unbeatable there so I can't really complain too much. The shadows are fairly pigmented, everything was carefully packaged, I got it in two days, AND I got a free brush! So total A+ very satisfied.

on 5/10/2009 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!!! The colors in the shimmer palette are absolutely amazing. Such intense color pigment. Amazing price considering how many colors you get! The shadows go on smooth, don't flake, and don't crease. I can't even describe how beautiful the colors are. Give this palette a try. The colors in the shimmer palette give a nice hint of shimmer but are definitely not to overly shimmery. So glad I got the shimmery palette instead of the matt. Colors easily blend and look magical together. Give it a try, you won't regret it!!!!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i've been using this palette for a few months now. i love the range of colours and the pigmentation is wonderful. on my eyes, with a little bit of UDPP it stays on for the whole day without creasing. it came with 2 little application brushes that i've never used. i prefer to get the eyeshadow with my ELF brush. it's great for packing on the colour. the packaging is cute except i don't really like the glossy finish, it keeps prints of my fingers and what not. (the matte version had not come out when i purchased this.) the price is around $25 for 88 colours. it's not bad. definitely must have!

Video Reviews & Tutorials