Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
Coastal Scents 88 eyeshadow palette

4.1

Talc, Mica, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. May contain: Mica and Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Chrome Oxide Greens, Chrome Hydroxide Green, FD&C Red No.40 Al Lake, FD&C Yellow No.5 Al Lake, FD&C Blue No.1 Al Lake.

amazing thin packaging
bright, pigmented, creamy shadows
$8.88 is the sale price
lasts all day, never creases
I love it :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I'm just going to be straight up: I do not like this palette. Even for the price point, these are not good. I'm not saying that all of them are awful, but even the ones with good pigmentation do not last because they have such a thin texture. Its very difficult to pick up product, and when you do get some it wears off and creases like nobody's business. I bought mine for like $15 ( bought the shimmer palette too, which is slightly better) so I wasn't too upset about losing money... Although I haven't had good experiences with this palette, try some of the hot pots! They are significantly better. Way better. And still pretty cheap. Overall, even if I was a beginner, I wouldn't buy this. The rest is nice though... packaging is fine, price is good... but the product is not too great :( i really wanted to like this.

I really like this product. It has so many colours and the shipping was so fast but a bit expensive. The product was cheap though. It's smaller than I expected but I'm happy I have so many colours now. It's really you get what you pay for so obviously you can't compare to mac but the price is really good, especially if you're just starting out with makeup.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Got the palette a few months ago, and the delivery was fast! I love the package and they gave me a free eye-shadow sample - too! Not a usual thing.
As a beginner, I really love this palette and great colors to chose from. But it's not for a pro make up artists.
Sometimes the colors doesn't show a lot, but I still think it is a great palette.

I bought mine off Coastal Scents website and I am actually really pleased with their service. It took 1.5 weeks to ship to Australia.
What I think is that Coastal Scents products are over hyped. Sometimes even way over hyped. But I do admit that their products are extremely cheap, and extremely worth the money.
I am pointing out to those youtubers and bloggers who rave about this palette and saying that 'the shadows are extremely pigmented, buttery and great for makeup artists'. It's not entirely true.
First of all, the pigmentation of their shadows are inconsistent (some mattes are powdery, some are not pigmented at all, some are very pigmented, some are buttery and some are hard as rock).
Second, they're not buttery!! They feel a bit gritty when swatched, it feels a little 'cheap' (even my essence shadows feel so much softer).
Third and last, they're not exactly for makeup artists! Well, to some extent, like new makeup artists who are just starting out, yes. But I feel the quality of the shadows don't live up to makeup artists' standard (they're definitely not comparable to MAC's, i mean, even the cheap Essence brand, which is my fave).

However, there is no point in complaining, get one and see for yourself. I am getting myself a 120 palette soon but I don't think I will be purchasing off CS website, since I feel the quality of the shadows will probably be the same as the Chinese reselller ones (except it doesnt have the CS logo on it) and it's much cheaper (in terms of product, and shipping).

The 88 original pallet is an ok pallet. I think that it is great for a beginner due to the fact that there are a lot of colors with decent pigmentation. Making the pallet a good option for people without a lot of colors. However, I am not impressed with the finishes of the shadows it just doesn't compare to the higher end brands like urban decay. The matte colors aren't buttery they are somewhat dry. Also, I don't find the colors to have any nuances to them if you know what I mean. I like my shadows to have an underlying sheen to them or variations in the color and I just didn't find that to be true in this pallet. Bottom line. I won't repurchase since I am a bit of a makeup junkie and like to try new products and I don't tend to repurchase pallets unless they have a shade that I can't live without.

I think this is a great eyeshadow palette.
The colors are pigmented and blend really good.
some of the color (the black) is a bit crumby.
The packaging is great not the best to travel.

Lemme just start by saying this is a GREAT beginner-type of palette. Not only does it come with a great variety of colors, but it allows you to experiment more. The eyeshadows are OKAY quality. I said that i wouldn't buy this again, and thats ONLY because I'm more of a neutral girl. But i definetly dont regret purchasing it!

on 12/30/2011 9:54:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Ok, I wont lie--these colors ARE kind of chalky. BUT, if you use these shadows wet, it makes all the difference. Most people don't seem to notice this, but on the website, it does say they are able to be used wet. So, I would say to you, use these shadows wet for the best look. I think the shade range of this palette is great, it has so many crazy bright colors and also some neutrals, which is a good balance. I really do like this palette, even though some of the reviewers seem to hate this palette and coastal scents as a company. But I wouldn't repurchase because 1) I don't see myself ever running out of these shadows and 2) I don't really NEED 88 more eyeshadows. Good for beginners and those who love brights.

on 11/30/2011 2:59:00 PM

I ordered my palette off Amazon, and it arrived in perfect condition. It's a lot smaller than one might expect from the photos, but the sheer variety of colors makes up for that! The colors are pretty good quality, nothing extremely special, but you can't really expect it at that price. It's wonderful that it comes with a mirror and two applicators, as well as a plastic sheet to protect the shadows! There are plenty of colors- the only color that isn't really represented is orange, but you can easily achieve a specific shade of anything that isn't there by mixing some of the other colors. Overall, this is an excellent product!