Eucerin Calming Body Wash Daily Shower Oil

Eucerin Calming Body Wash Daily Shower Oil
Eucerin pH5 Shower OilEucerin Calming Body Wash Shower Oil

4.1

Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, MIPA Laureth Sulfate, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Laureth 4, Cocamide DEA, Poloxamer 101, Laureth 9, Lanolin Alcohol, Water, Citric Acid, Diammonium Citrate, Propyl Gallate, BHT

on 7/14/2016 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product saved me from a horrible eczema attack triggered by the terrible heat. I am usually able to control my eczema through regularly applying lotion on my legs and arms but one time I had this patch of itchy, patchy skin on my leg that just wouldn't go away no matter how much I moisturized. A friend recommended me this and it completely saved me! Within 4x of usage the itchy patch went away and I never needed to use this again. Of course, I'm keeping a bottle for just in case I need another saviour again!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Before discovering this product I was unable to use any skin cleanser in the shower (hot water was already too drying), and then I'd have to immediately slather myself in lotion to keep myself from itching and flaking everywhere.

It does have a distinct Omega-3 smell to it that's a bit earthy, but for someone who reacts to all synthetic fragrances and many natural ones, that's a sign there's no hidden subtle scent to it.

To Read all 98 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/28/2016 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This was an okay body wash, but I won't repurchase because of the awful smell and average results.

- The smell is horrible. It smells like rotten fish or old/rotted cod liver oil. It's strong and lingers in the shower.

- It moisturized slightly, but not that well. I have dry skin and like using cream or oil products. There are others I prefer, which moisturize better, and which smell a lot better.

- It left my shower very slippery. I don't mind this, but you do have to be careful.

Price: $7.00 - $8.00 USD for 8.4 oz.

Ingredients: Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Laureth-4, MIPA-Laureth Sulfate, Poloxamer 101, Laureth-9, Propylene Glycol, Water, Propyl Gallate, BHT

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Still trying to figure out how I feel about this body wash. I bought it a month ago after a particularly bad bout of eczema after I accidentally used scented laundry detergent... After using this and the Eucerin Eczema cream for a few days the itchiness and bumps were gone. I have continued to use this a few times a week and my skin is the softest it's ever been. However - it just doesn't soap up enough for me! I find myself using a straight up soap first and then using this product (basically using two body washes) but does that defeat the purpose of the wash? The only way I could get it to soap up adequately is to use a whole handful! As it is the container is half full with only a few uses a week for the past four weeks. While my boyfriend hates the smell (it kinda smells like Elmer's glue and a nutty oil) I don't mind it too much.

on 10/30/2015 4:54:00 PM

I have very dry skin and I am too lazy to use moisturizer every day so I appreciate these types of oil cleansers. I started off with the one by Cake Beauty (Inca Oil) and the L'Occitane Almond Oil, both of which I loved!! However, they are both pretty pricey so I was looking for a cheaper alternative. This one works just as well as these two high end ones, HOWEVER, it is scentless which takes away from that luxe experience! It doesn't smell horrific but it doesn't smell good either. It smells like a bit like stale oil, but the scent doesn't linger. After using this product, I learned to appreciate the relaxing element of a fragranced soap and if you share that sentiment, you will find that this product feels very utilitarian. I would still recommend this product and I'm sure my skin will fully appreciate it when our Canadian winter is in full swing even without the fancy fragrances.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love this stuff! I have very dry, eczema prone, sensitive skin. In my opinion, if you struggle with dry skin you will LOVE this, and if you don't you will hate this: so those without very dry skin, stay away. This is an oil, so it is oily, but it doesn't leave a residue on my skin. It gives a slight lather, which I like, but does not strip the skin at all! My skin felt so moisturized after my shower! It does have an odd smell (just the natural smell of the oils; no fragrance added) but the scent doesn't linger and it isn't strong at all. I would recommend this to anyone who is struggling with dry skin!

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I have really dry skin and the past months, I've had ezcema and itching that wouldn't go away. I've tried hydrocortisone creams, various creams and nothing worked. My skin started getting better when i used a combination of ego pinetarsol and this shower oil, alternating ie. I'd use one in the morning and the other at night. Now my skin has gone back to normal but i continue to use this. My skin are not as dry as before and now i cannot be without it.

Mine came with a pump, which is much more convenient to use. Its really similar to Loccitane's Almond Shower Oil, although the latter feels more luxurious and emolient. I did not like either of their fragrances but i can live with it. The only thing i wish Eucerin would change is the fragrance, maybe make it fragrance free.

on 4/9/2015 3:04:00 PM

For anyone that has heard the term Keratosis pilaris (also follicular keratosis, lichen pilaris, or colloquially " chicken skin") - basically it's those tiny goosepimply bumps under the skin that feel dry and don't disappear thorough any amount of exfoliation.
I've had a pretty mild form my whole life on the upper backs of my arms & upper backs of my thighs/butt. I moisturise pretty much daily so mine is mild and is mostly invisible but you can definitely feel the bumps under the skin.
I first tried this magic oil like 4 years ago in my brothers shower and just randomly used. Later when I was creaming my skin I actually thought I left some oil on but no, the weird bumps had softened and everything was smooth. Immediately sold.
It's like an intensive treatment and it's the best thing I've used in the shower. I've actually used the cream VERSION on my thighs/arms but it made the bumps worse so I just use the cream on my hands and feet as it really makes them super soft.
Doesn't feel greasy in the shower or on your skin like how sometimes oils do.
What I will say is that you will need to use it regularly to maintain results. It's not a cure, just an excellent product. Packaging is boring but who cares.

This oil works.

on 2/23/2015 2:05:00 PM

This has been a horribly dry and cold winter where I live and unfortunately I have recently suffered intensely itchy, dry skin. The itchiness has nearly driven me insane! I wrote a review in regards to Eucerin Aquaphor too. I usually use Shea Moisture Raw Shea Body Wash and Shea Moisture Olive and Green Tea body oil in the shower. Post-shower, I typically use coconut, olive, or grapeseed oil and in real dry weather I use pure shea or cocoa butter. Well, unfortunately these combo's were doing very little to solve my problem. So, in comes Eucerin Calming Body Wash and Aquaphor ointment. The Eucerin Body Wash barely lathers, but it does not dry out my skin at all like the other body wash that I was using. I still use the Olive and Green Tea body oil during the shower and post-shower I slather up with the Aquaphor ointment. I also run a humidifier every night in my bedroom. All of this has finally stopped the dry skin and insane itchiness that I was experiencing. I have read that a lot of people have complained of a fishy odor with this product, but I have not experienced this. In fact, it doesn't really have an odor, so I wonder if the product that smelled fishy may have been a product on the shelves for awhile? Don't expect luxurious lather with this body wash. Don't expect a lovely, perfumey scent. Do expect silky soft skin and it's great to shave with too. I will forever keep Eucerin Calming Body Wash and Aquaphor on hand for those really cold and dry winter months. This combo was a life saver for me.

on 12/29/2014 7:52:00 PM

I should say right off I'm not using it as a body cleanser but as a facial cleanser and makeup remover. It works great for me as a facial cleanser, removing makeup and leaving my skin soft with no residue and the price is very reasonable. When my skin is sensitive from strong acid peels this product does not burn or irritate me at all while many other facial cleansers do. I also found that it works great as a makeup remover, better than the two makeup removers I have--Clinique and Maybelline (both for waterproof.)