Urban Decay Pistol

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Urban Decay Pistol

3.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

This lipstick is somewhat hard to describe. It could look warm pink or berry because of the micro glitter of pink and green in the lipstick. I think that the shimmer makes your lips look bigger without looking like there is glitter on your lips. Off the bat the lipstick looks crazy in the tube because it looks like glittered lipstick but when you put this on your lips they look fuller & luscious, YLBB. The flavor is weird but for me it is bearable because I usually put on lip balm anyways. Although, I think these UD lipsticks are pretty moisturizing and not drying.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Urban Decay calls Pistol a "warm beige" but in my opinion, this shade is waaaay too warm to be called beige. In the tube and swatched on the back of my hand it's a rosy chestnut and on my lips it's almost a russet. A very fall-like color. It also has a gorgeous multicolor pearl that shows up in the tube and when swatched on the back of my hand, but sadly doesn't show up as much on my lips. It's still a pretty color though a bit warmer than I prefer. It has a very comfortable feel on and a decent wear life. Feel much better on than the old school lipsticks from this brand, IMO.

My three main complaints with this product, though: the price, the packaging and the taste. $22 is a bit more than I've come to expect from UD, and I don't know that this lipstick is really worth $22. It's nice, but no nicer than something from MAC which is 40% cheaper. The packaging is pretty too look at, but the tube is heavy and much bigger than it needs to be. The dagger on the end is cute, but bothersome as it keeps the lipstick from being able to stand open on its end and has the potential of stabbing you in the thigh if you carry it around in your front pant pocket. I'd much prefer more streamlined packaging, even at the sacrifice of aesthetic. The old school UD lipstick packaging was better IMO. Finally, this lipstick tastes AWFUL. I'm not really sensitive to the way my lipsticks taste so I was surprised by how grossed out by the way this tastes. I don't lip my lips often so it's bearable, but still. It tastes almost like bug spray. I've noticed that the shimmery lipsticks that I've tried from this new line all have that horrible chemical taste, but that the ones with cream finishes do not so I'm guessing whatever they use to get the pearly finish is to blame. Still weird as I've never noticed that shimmery lipsticks from other lines tasting different from their creamy and matte sisters. Not pleasant!