Urban Decay Pistol

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Urban Decay Pistol

3.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got this on sale at their website for $3, which I think was a great deal. Didn't know what I was going to get, but figured it was worth a try for a few bucks.

I was happily surprised with what I got! The color is very sheer, looks natural on my lips. Well, it looks like lip gloss, actually. In fact, I think it is more like a lip gloss than a lipstick - it's soft and moisturizing, looks wet and shiny. Part of the shine comes from multi-colored micro-glitter. It's actually pretty subtle. But a little sparkly.

I have long hair, and Urban Decay lipsticks go on wet enough that strands of my hair stick to my lips if they wander in that direction. So I don't wear them unless I have my hair up.

I love the sugary smell of UD lipsticks. I notice little flavor; definitely no bad flavor.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Urban Decay calls Pistol a "warm beige" but in my opinion, this shade is waaaay too warm to be called beige. In the tube and swatched on the back of my hand it's a rosy chestnut and on my lips it's almost a russet. A very fall-like color. It also has a gorgeous multicolor pearl that shows up in the tube and when swatched on the back of my hand, but sadly doesn't show up as much on my lips. It's still a pretty color though a bit warmer than I prefer. It has a very comfortable feel on and a decent wear life. Feel much better on than the old school lipsticks from this brand, IMO.

My three main complaints with this product, though: the price, the packaging and the taste. $22 is a bit more than I've come to expect from UD, and I don't know that this lipstick is really worth $22. It's nice, but no nicer than something from MAC which is 40% cheaper. The packaging is pretty too look at, but the tube is heavy and much bigger than it needs to be. The dagger on the end is cute, but bothersome as it keeps the lipstick from being able to stand open on its end and has the potential of stabbing you in the thigh if you carry it around in your front pant pocket. I'd much prefer more streamlined packaging, even at the sacrifice of aesthetic. The old school UD lipstick packaging was better IMO. Finally, this lipstick tastes AWFUL. I'm not really sensitive to the way my lipsticks taste so I was surprised by how grossed out by the way this tastes. I don't lip my lips often so it's bearable, but still. It tastes almost like bug spray. I've noticed that the shimmery lipsticks that I've tried from this new line all have that horrible chemical taste, but that the ones with cream finishes do not so I'm guessing whatever they use to get the pearly finish is to blame. Still weird as I've never noticed that shimmery lipsticks from other lines tasting different from their creamy and matte sisters. Not pleasant!