Urban Decay Pistol

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Urban Decay Pistol

3.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got this on sale at their website for $3, which I think was a great deal. Didn't know what I was going to get, but figured it was worth a try for a few bucks.

I was happily surprised with what I got! The color is very sheer, looks natural on my lips. Well, it looks like lip gloss, actually. In fact, I think it is more like a lip gloss than a lipstick - it's soft and moisturizing, looks wet and shiny. Part of the shine comes from multi-colored micro-glitter. It's actually pretty subtle. But a little sparkly.

I have long hair, and Urban Decay lipsticks go on wet enough that strands of my hair stick to my lips if they wander in that direction. So I don't wear them unless I have my hair up.

I love the sugary smell of UD lipsticks. I notice little flavor; definitely no bad flavor.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I'm going to have to add to the chorus of reviewers noting the bitter taste of this product. It's annoying, long-lasting, and seems to show up about 20 minutes after application. The initial smell/taste I get is a mild caramel, which is the UD-described flavor. Too bad it doesn't last because it's pretty nice. The color itself is AB glitter in a sheer plum base, and looks better if it's put on thickly. A light application seems to give more of a "spotted" lip look, but a heavy coat looks more frosted. I'm still wearing it because it's THE absolute best color of lipstick to wear with purple clothing, but I'm definitely keeping my eyes open for a replacement.

Summary:
Colour good, taste bad.

Detail:
I bought this product on the internet, without having the opportunity to check out the colour before buying it. The description said 'purple sparkle', and being a bit of a purple freak, thought I would take a gamble.

Well, the colour is good, though not what I would remotely call purple. There seems to be a trend amongst many cosmetic manufacturers to call pinky-brown colours 'mauve' or 'purple' - off the top of my head, I can think of about 5 that I have that fall in this category, so they are colours that suit me.

This lipstick is quite sheer, so it is a nice colour to wear to work when I want to emphasise my eyes, and just keep my lips neutral.

It smells nice. To me, it smells like berries.

The taste, however, is not so pleasant. At all. It reminds me of bitter aloes, but worse.