Jordana Cosmetics Lipstick

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

here in nz u can find jordana at two-dollar shops everywhere! since im nt realli a big lipstick person (i mean, wats da point of puttin sumthin on dats gona cme off so easily n its jst a hassle havin 2 reapply every 10mins lol), i wasnt quite keen 2 folk ot n get mac lipsticks or even revlon 4 dat matter (as revlons kinda expensive here).wen i was checkin ot da jordana stand i was amazed at hw many nice colors thr wer! i restraind myself frm gettin all da shades i lyk at once (altho i am totally goin bak n gettin dem all), i pickd up honey sugar n honey spice. Dey r very similiar in shades, both r of a realli nice nudey color (my kinda lip look!), but sugar honeys mre matt n sugar spice has mre shimmer in it. seriously dey both look so nice on n can b worn everyday or 2 parties paired wif nice eye make up. i no sum ppl always say dat dey r kinda dryin however i always apply a lip balm underneath so it has never bn a problem 4 me. plus lately i am kinda keen 2 melt a bit of da lipstik n mix it wif a lip balm n make my own tintd lip balm as i reckn its gona look so pretty n i will def get mre use outta it. in terms of da scent, it smells realli lipstick-y if dat makes any sorta sense at all, bt u cn hardly smell it wen its on ur lips. dey r just so flatterin n nice! oh n sumhw dey make ur lips look really full 2 which is randm lol

on 4/8/2013 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Jordana is probably one of the most underrated brands ever! It's super cheap but it works wonders! The lipstick lasts VERY long and it does't get dull at all. It has a very wide variety of colors and they smell fabulous.

on 3/9/2009 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This review is for the InColor and regular line. I was going to try the Matte lipsticks, but when I tested them they were gummy and icky. >_< Probably too old.

I got five lipsticks, at 10-15 QAR each (around $3-4). It sucks they aren't under a dollar like in the US, but these are relatively cheap, with the next cheapest being Rimmel and Maybelline at a price range of (converted) $8-10.

I got LS-128 Nude, which is a great rosey-nude (slight orange) color. Then two back-ups for Jordana InColor in "195 South Beach", which, a month ago I first picked up and tossed into my basket on a whim, and fell in love with, so I bought two more because I'm afraid of running out. It's a shimmery red. Imagine my dismay/annoyance when I bought a Revlon Goldpearl Plum for 4x the price and got home to discover that they were similar shades!! I think South Beach has a peach tinge, whereas the Revlon is more of a deep red.

Also got the shade "190 Milani Sunrise" (InColor), which is a sheer, peach-pink with golden shimmer which I plan to use with lots of gloss for a fun summer look. From the regular line, I got LS-175 Coco Malt, a brownish mauve.

I was also eyeing the following: 1) Mauve Merengue, a mauvey brown. 2) Bahama Bronze, which I read was similar to the MAC O lipstick 3) Copper Penny, a bronzey red. 4) Matte Mystery. And two or three more shades... There are just so many great colors! I think I'll come back for more.

I love Jordana, but one lippie off because: They can be drying, but lipbalm helps. The smell is also a bit perfumey/waxey, and strong for some shades like South Beach, but I use a sweet smelling lipgloss on top so that's what I smell most of the time.

All in all, not a bad option. Brands like Wet n Wild or NYX or Milani aren't available here, so for the meantime, Jordana is a great way to satisfy my lipstick fix without breaking the bank.

on 7/24/2003 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Oh, I love this stuff-- the $0.99 price tag helps alot. I have brown shimmer, cinnamon, and sea pearl-- all shimmery, faint colors that look great over regular brown l/l. I was surprised with the quality; it's somewhat creamy, which means it lasts a decent amount of time, instead of sliding right off.