Jordana Cosmetics Lipstick

Filtered by eye Color : Green
No Image

4.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm just going to run through a few Jordana colours that I wear regularly. These are all ones that apply and last well, with a nice texture.
For reference, I'm a pale - neutral - brunette with freckles and green eyes.

098 - Caribbean
Bronze. This is an orangey bronze colour with a gold shimmer. It's very pretty, but I never wear it. It reminds me so much of my Mum, back in the 80s... I'm not sure if the colour actually ages me, or if it's just those associations. I should give it to Mum and see if she likes it.

005 - Blackberry
A deep purple burgundy. Not overly pigmented, but layers well.
-Update- mine went rancid... it got that gross plasticy scent, and hardened. It must have been an old one when I bought it, and I haven't bothered replacing it yet (I have a couple of similar colours that work well in it's absence).

189 - Natural Touch
Creamy, incredibly easy to wear. LIke an enhanced version of my own lip colour. A touch of taupe in pink.

001 - Amber
Orange. Doesn't have the chalky texture that a lot of orange lipsticks seem to have. A slight shimmer, but nothing too bad. Surprisingly highly pigmented. Quite vampy.

077 - True Red
A blue-based red. Not particularly pigmented, making it an easy colour to wear during the day. Quite summery, fades to pink.

078 - Bright Red
Such a cool red. Really bright, with a slight gold/orange shimmer to it... not noticeable, but JUST enough to give it some pop.

127 - Brown
So awesome. A deep, dark brown, that gives that super rich 90s colour payoff. A good alternative to a black, as it's nice and warm, but still dark.

on 8/14/2016 9:49:00 AM

I discovered Jordana Cosmetics last summer and have become a big fan, I have tried out an assortment of their products, the lipsticks being one of them.

The lipstick itself is a nice product, I don't find them to be too drying, I wear a balm underneath though whether I need it or not which probably helps as I have read mixed reviews on these. The packaging isn't flashy, it's plastic and pretty basic which doesn't bother me. But if I were to drop it on the floor or something, would the packaging hold up.

I have tried several colors, many of them were nice but ultimately were not the best shades for me, likely because they were too dark or frosty (Caramel, Cinnamon, Copper Penny, Plumwine). Jordana has a lot of dark colors in this line which is great but I don't wear dark colors all that much anymore.

Recently I picked up Nude, Natural and Natural Touch, as I seem to be obsessed with nudes or neutrals right now. I like Natural, Natural Touch and Nude in that order. Natural is a pink nude as described on the website, Natural Touch as a rose nude, and Nude as a nude peach. I find Natural to be more nudey peach, and Nude to be a touch more pink. Out of these two colors I prefer Natural, which I find to be really similar to Nude from the Matte lipstick line. Side by side they look very similar but Nude is a bit more pinky.

Natural Touch is a nice color too but darker. It reminds me of Milani's Naturally Chic, but also reminds me of a lighter version of Wet N Wild Spiked with Rum which I had high hopes for but was too dark for me.

I would repurchase Natural, and likely Natural Touch as well even though it's quite similar to a shade I already own and really like. Nude is a nice color too but I prefer Natural a bit more and don't need both of them because aside from the slight pink difference, they are very similar.

I rate these lipsticks 4 stars, they are a nice product and an even better price. It's fun to try out many different shades without breaking the bank and if you find out that certain ones are not for you, at least you aren't out a ton of money. Jordana has a huge selection of shades to try. I see myself trying more shades in the future.

on 2/28/2009 12:15:00 AM

This is a decent lipstick at an excellent price. The color range is surprisingly good. I bought Nude and Black, the latter for Halloween, but it is somewhat sheer and if you blot and apply a gloss over the top you can get an effect very much like Clinique Black Honey. The texture is all right; it's a good idea to prep with a balm. This lipstick does have a noticeable, powdery smell - less offensive though, IMO, than L'Oreal Coleur Riche lipstick.

Just bought Cherries Royale by mistake wanted a brown-red. Thought this blue-red would be too blue for my MMM LOLA green-eyed looks. But viola! I love it! And it sticks like glue thru diet coke, tea, etc. Will buy more Jordana.