Jordana Cosmetics Lipstick

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Okayy soo..
The matte ones (in gold tubes )
57 Hot Kiss
Tangerine Tango
And 50s Scarlet Red
Are all amazing, a little bit cakey but some chapstick before hand does the trick 😘

But... sadly.. The normal creme based ones (in silver Tubes )
072 Plumwine
089 Black
And 005 Blackberry
Are absolutely TERRIBLE.
Even after 20+ coats they don't cover up your lip color. They're so sheer, so difficult to even put on that it's stupid.
And you seriously can't get no messed up or smudged edges because these just run and slide all over the place. 😔😣
Look like a freaking clown with watery clown lips.
Seriously disappointed 😪 but theres bound to be a crappy set. There a $1 a piece. 😂 Oh well.

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I am a lipstick junkie. I have bought so many different kinds of inexpensive lipsticks. Jordana is one of my favorite brands! I own 35 lipsticks from Jordana. The colors are amazing and they are long lasting for me because I use a lipstick primer. I especially love the fact that they're $1.49. I will be ordered more really soon! They don't dry my lips out because I always moisturize my lips because applying. I can't say anything bad about this product.

Yes, I'd buy again, but you do NEED to top these lipsticks with a good gloss, or they'll dry your lips out as bad as prunes! NOT joking! They are VERY drying, and I'm not talking about Jordana's Matte lipsticks! These regular lipsticks, @$1.30 each, are like a matte lipstick though! I bought 3 in the shades: All Spicy, Mango, and Sea Pearl, as I saw pics of them online. I thought they were flattering colors, and so they are! I posted pics of them on my profile. So, if you want to see them, hit my pictures! I found them hard to apply as they were stiff and so applied unevenly, even waxy, like a box of Crayola crayons! However, they ARE long lasting, and that was even with a gloss on top! NOT BAD! And yes, they are sweetly scented, but that doesn't bother me, even though it does linger, it isn't strong. I smeared a bit on white paper, as a swatch, and the next day, I could smell them, as if they were "scratch n' sniff" stickers! Anyway, All Spicy is a pinkish-coral, more on the pink side, which is shocking a bit, as it looked a bit pinkish-orange in the tube. I like it. Again, it was a bit hard to apply, so at first it went on light and sheer. Gotta really work it on your lips! All Spicy also has a soft pearly sheen to it. NOT glittery! Mango is a light copper-burnt orange shade. This one I like the least, as it isn't very flattering on. When I mix it with All Spicy, it works out a bit better. Probably because I think Mango leans more toward the burnt orange shade than a light copper. I didn't notice any pearly sheen. Sea Pearl is a copper shade with a slight sheen to it. Maybe even considered brassy. Anyway, don't forget the LIP GLOSS! I tried these on and then took them off, and my lips felt chapped! NO JOKE! Wish they were moisturizing! I also found that, even though Sea Pearl was the darkest in the tube, it seems to apply more sheer than the other two. My least fav, Mango, applies the darkest. I found some awesome lipsticks @Dollar Tree, from L.A. Colors! Those are NICE! And moisturizing! Gosh! I'm so disappointed in my recent Cherry Culture haul! Everything was CHEAP CRAP! :( Seriously! I have better luck at my local Dollar Tree! Well, ya live n' learn I guess! Thank goodness everything was CHEAP! ;)

on 12/30/2006 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I know, I know - this is a cheap drug store product and it does not have the same sex appeal as a gorgeous Dior lipstick, but then it does not cost $$$. Some colors are very beautiful and surprisingly, have a very decent staying power.
I was traveling and had a ‘makeup emergency’ and no time to get to a department store and the weather was nasty … Luckily, I remembered all the wonderful and oh, so cheap Jordana eye shadows and the drugstore was right there. With only 88 cents to loose, this was an easy choice. Well, I really like it now and will continue using it along with all my expensive lipsticks.

on 9/9/2003 7:44:00 PM

GREAT. I love the color Malibu.if u apply one coat, blot then dust loose powder through a tissue and apply another coat it lasts alllll day. the color is natural and has a heavy fragrance i like alot. its a little dryng so use lip balm!