Jordana Lipstick

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/12/2015 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

These lipsticks where Matt or regular are great for price. For me they donyhe same thing that the expensive one's do. The color selections are great, they last and it last on your lips. I only apply this twice 1 in the morning and after lunch.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I got Beach Bronze & Sweet Apricot in the clear cases on clearance for $2 CAD @Pharmasave. I love the staying power. Don't like the smell, packaging or sparkle in the actual lipstick, but I solved that by combining it w/ a gloss or another lipstick., Altho at 2bucks a pop I guess can't complain lol. Extremely pigmented which is a good thing. I won't wear them with a full face as they're darker then I usually wear as I like a nude lip for the majority of days, but w/ a bit of mascara and I'm all set :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I read the reviews here for Jordana lipstick and went to Kmart to buy it. Well, I loved it so much I went back the next day for more and today (so 3rd day in a row) I went to a different store to get even more (FoodMaxx)! The lipsticks were $1.19 so I went wild and I am sooooo glad! These lipstick are the best ever! I cannot believe the high quality of them. I bought a mixture of the mattes (which are near to impossible to find in a drug store) and the regular ones. I love them all!! I highly, highly recommend these. Both regular and matte have have excellent pigmentation, lasting color that doesn't fade, and really look high quality on the lips. I can almost promise you that if someone applied these to your face and you didn't see the label, you would vote they were $25+ lip colors!

I hate to admit it, but I like these way, way better than my Mac ones! I find them to be superior in how they look and apply, especially the matte ones b/c wow, the Mac ones drag on application. Almost torture! I think that the Jordana Pink Passion (matte) is a near dupe for Mac Nicki Minaj! I love retro looking colors and if you do, too, you HAVE to get the matte one in Tangerine Tango! I actually bought the Mac RiRi Woo to wear to my upcoming graduation and now.... I think I am going to wear this one. It takes the cake!

Others I bought are Holiday Red (not a true red but pretty), Cherry Pie (also not a true red but pretty, a bit more shear in formula), Hollywood Red (to me is a dupe for Revlon's Cherries in the Snow), Terra Cotta (very pretty, sort of neutral, bronze-reddish, very wearable color), Simply Natural (nice neutral but not dead looking color/muted apricot/fleshy), Pink flair (also reminds me of a Nicki Minaj Mac but toned down), and Mystery (a really lovely dark pink/berry color I think a lot of people would enjoy).

The packaging is.... not that great but on the other hand, I don't really care about it and I don't think they look horrible.

One thing I was confused about is that they have a matte and regular collection in two different packaging (one collection comes in a clear tube and the other collection comes in a traditional looking tube. The collections, as far as I can see, do not have the same colors. I can't figure out what the difference between the two packaging types are, but both carry a regular and matte selection and the quality is the same across the board.) Went on the Jordana website, but still couldn't see/find the difference.

I love they are made in the USA and at such a low, low, low cost. Jordana cosmetics overall really show that you can still find high quality, low cost products made in the America!

I think Jordana should make more colors. Many are very, very dark looking and I passed on those. Jordana overall is a fanastic brand that I only recently found out about. I have been so pleased with them! I was hesitant at first because I thought that at such a low cost they would be really horrible, but I was wrong.

These don't really have a strong taste but they smell like watermelon. Exactly like the Milani lipsticks.

Please give these a try!! I think you will be delighted and you will enjoy them the same if not more than your high end ones! I know I do! These are now my best kept beauty bargain!!!!!

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is a review for the Matte and the regular Jordana:

This is incredibly unflattering if you're a little (ahem) older. I'm a fairly well-preserved forty-something (very few lip lines) thanks to a complete inability to tan and a lot of Retin-A from an early age because of acne, and...well...these are a resoundingly ugly, "No."

My absolute favorite cheap lippies are New York Color (the 97 cent kind), and I was replacing them because my NYC stash is a year and a half old, and I'm trying to avoid putting germ-bombs on or near my forty-something gums.

Not this, though. It looks really, really unflattering. Back to the grocery for more NYC or the regular Jordana, which I have reviewed below.

Review for the Regular Jordana lipstick, not the Matte:

Amazing colors, moisturizing, and very pretty, even on mid-forty lips. The smell is like you're eating sweet tarts, and it stings a little, though. I bought the "Grape", and it's the right kind of pinky purple for very pale skin. It's very flattering. Overall, I'd rebuy and wear these happily.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

When I first saw how cheap this brand lipstick was selling for, I was very skeptical. But I soon got over all the doubt. I love it! I picked up mine in the color Pretty Pink. It looks awesome and matches my complexion so well. I'm thinking about going back and purchasing pink luster. I've never been a fan of lipstick, but this fits so well I'm tempted. It also goes on really smooth, it moisturizes and lasts on my lips like forever. Mine is in regular

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is my go-to lipstick. I love the hazelnut shade and have used it for years. It is getting harder and harder to find in stores though. Luckily you can purchase directly from jordana.com.

on 2/19/2011 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I am reviewing the color Cranberry Mix. This is really quite nice. So, the packaging is cheap plastic, but the product itself is quite good--a pearly cream lipstick with a fairly heavy, not glossy-feeling, texture. There is a strong berry-like scent I don't particularly like, but I can live with it. The lipstick itself is richly pigmented. It is a medium-toned plummy red with a fine shimmer. I have rather lined, perpetually chapped lips, so I need to have my lips in pretty good condition for this to look its best. It's pretty intense full strength--good for a night out. But while I like bright colors, I'm sort of an actual wimp wearing bright colors on my face, so I blot this so it has more of a stain effect. This is my first Jordana lipstick and I am pretty pleased with it.

on 11/3/2010 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE Jordana lipsticks. Yes, the packaging is cheap and tacky looking and yes, they can be a little on the drying side but the range of shades, the pigmentation, the lasting power and the price just blow me away. I must have about 20 or so (including Matte ones, separate review) and yeah, some of them don't quite work so well for me because the Dollar Store where I got them doesn't have testers but overall, these are amazing enough for me not to care.
The case is cheap plastic, usually a black base with a clear lidded cap but it is pretty sturdy and functional enough.
The formula is a little on the stiff side, hardly any slip and not what I would call creamy. They don't dry my lips out per se, but the lipsticks do feel drier than MAC or Revlon, etc. BUT the pigmentation level in most is very rich and the colour seems to cling to lips really well and last for ages. So it seems there is a bit of a trade off - drier application = longer lasting colour and that's OK with me. Most of mine seem to have a fairly strong watermelon or fruity scent but it dissipates quite quickly once applied and doesn't linger like some of the waxy/crayon lipstick smells can.
Some of my favourite colours...
Soft Rose - a beautiful gold glimmered salmony rose.
Burgundy - gorgeous red pink with a very flattering shimmer.
Mauve - tasteful muted rose brown, not quite sheer, very MLBB.
Grape - very pretty deep mauve pink cream.
All Spicy - a vibrant juicy looking orange coral, applies more pink than it appears in the tube.
Barely Pink - soft neutral petal pink with slight silvery pearl.
Natural - creamy looking chocolate pink nude.
Vin Rose - bright raspberry rose pink with blue micro shimmer.
For $3 a piece, these are certainly something to investigate if you're looking for a dirt cheap but more than decent quality lipstick that lasts well and you don't mind putting a bit of balm underneath before applying. These are not the BEST lipsticks in the world (I think that goes to Guerlain Rouge G) but for the range, price and quality they are definitely a winner, at least in my book!

on 8/13/2010 12:43:00 AM

So far I have 2 Jordana lipsticks--Earth and Copper Penny, and I absolutely love them. For only $1.49, I was initially skeptical of the quality and the color of these lipsticks, but I was very quickly won over when I tried on these lipsticks. They're very pigmented and the colors are absolutely lovely--not to mention that there's a great color selection to choose from. They don't go on as smoothly as I'd like but for the price and the color, I don't really mind. You can purchase these online at jordanacosmetics.com and cherryculture.com. I will definitely be trying out more shades.

I bought Jordana lipstick on holiday red it's a pink red beautifull
color I loved it .I decided to try thier normal lipstick after I had
tried their matte lipstick which was fantastic. the formula is very
soft & has nice fruity smell the staying power is amazing
I love is so much & I will definitly try it again. the only bad thing
is I bought it for 4.50 $ as Jordana is sold in my country for
much higher price than the USA